Liverpool Thread

He wasn't brilliant, but he was good. Held the ball up well and had some good touches. Was fast aswell with his movement. Didn't have a lot of chances, but still managed to score and hit the post (which he should have burried to be honest).

Best part of the performance for me, same at Stoke, is that the defense looks calm and solid. Very few panic moments and Milner and Henderson provide a solid block in front of them putting a lot of pressure on the player on the ball. Something which was missing with Gerrard. But that goes for the whole team, from the front Benteke, Ibe, Coutinho and Lallana really pressure the opposition and then you quickly have Milner and Henderson also doing it. So much more movement than last season in that regard.

Attack is still a bit off, besides Coutinho (with some nice combinations with Benteke) there isn't a lot going on.

Change the offside rule, train the refs, first chance to test it, get it completely wrong. Good stuff. Wish I got paid when I did my job that badly.

What about the disallowed gol? Those are usually given I couldn't tell you how many times Kosc been fouled or fouled a player to score,it was strange night for the officials .

Yeah terrible refereeing, how can Countinho not be inteferring? Bourmouth's goal can go either way, however why defenders like skrtl are allowed to do it when defending is beyond me.

The offside rule was changed again? Lol when did that happen :CONFUSE:

EDIT: Just read the rule. Erm, I thought this was the rule all along.. If a player in an offside position was involved or even attempted to get involved then it's offside. So nothing changed for me then :P

Last edited:
Decisions will go for and against every side through the course of a season.

It's dismissive to point the finger at one or two particular sides and claim they get preferential treatment.

Many fans don't see when decisions have 'gone' their way, only that other teams, usually playing against them or ones we have a dislike of, get all the 'luck'

Of course the goal shouldn't have stood and Bournmouths goal was also fine.

There will be times when Liverpool, and EVERY other team, get things 'go' their way.

6 points from two games.

Move on...

Oh and Benteke was very good.

Nice touches, even when the ball was fired up to him from all types of heights and angles. He flicked on and won virtually every header. He held up and controlled excellently. He occupied the two centre backs with his presence. His link up was very good and looked settled in the team like he's been here for years.
Having several years prem experience obviously helps him and us.
Be interesting to see how he and Studge get on.

The offside rule was changed again? Lol when did that happen :CONFUSE:

EDIT: Just read the rule. Erm, I thought this was the rule all along.. If a player in an offside position was involved or even attempted to get involved then it's offside. So nothing changed for me then :P

Think it used to be. Newcastle had a goal disallowed vs us for the same thing

Think it used to be. Newcastle had a goal disallowed vs us for the same thing

It came down to the ref's interpretation of 'interfering with play'. Against Newcastle for us 3 years ago Evans scored an own goal while Cisse was offside and pulling him to the ground, but that was not deemed interfering with play.

Offside rules are so stupid. Just make it simple again - if an attacking player is an offside position, he is offside. Done. No exceptions.

Groan, should be 2 up. Dont expect Arsenal to be so generous in the second half. Then again, they cant really change their defence so who knows.

You looked very good. Should still be a goal behind, but clearly linesman are on your side this season :)

Cech's save from Coutinho is ridiculous. As has been most of Coutinho's play.

Totally forgot about that, i agree. IMHO it was a clear penalty, but i'm afraid most refs will not give this one...and even more so because Benteke is a big player.

little off topic

bogdan-troll.jpg

on facebook one of Adam's fan asked for a kit or a pair of his gloves if she can get 10 000 like on a community page. he said ofcourse and she hit over 20 000 likes, now your keeper is giving away one of his kits to a fan

that Lovren mis touch/pass was terrible. :CONF: one match he`s brilliant the next he`s making it easier for them.

Next game: MUFC- No Coutinho !

Last edited:
wow, what to say...today proved that all the teams in PL are good now... West Ham deserved the win 100%...

with such performance we will be mid table at best...

Back
Top Bottom