Liverpool Thread

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

"It's about winning trophies”

Why did he join us then? :LOL:

Great Benteke goal, glad for him. Hope he does well for Liverpool. A player i love, but he canbe so infuriating (lately he is very bad for our national team, Wilmots should play either Origi or Batschuayi).

Something I just realised,

The 3 main strikers for Belgium all play in Liverpool. I wonder whether that will give them more incentive to perform for their clubs or less.

Think he meant "in Liverpool" as in the city of Liverpool, i.e. Lukaku at Everton is the third one. ;)

IMO Lukaku is not among the 3 main strikers. IMO Batschuayi is better and so is Mirallas (who also plays in the city of Liverpool).

Lukaku has a shockingly weak first touch...

IMO Lukaku is not among the 3 main strikers. IMO Batschuayi is better and so is Mirallas (who also plays in the city of Liverpool).

Lukaku has a shockingly weak first touch...

All of them were bunk when they came to Cardiff recently ;)
One shot on target all night. I was very disappointed in this so called class Belgium team.

That was indeed a very bad performance and that a couple ofdays after their best match ever against France. They totally outplayed France in Paris, but yes Cardiff was a disgrace...

This team makesme think more and more of the Danish dynamite with Olsen, Elkjaer, Arnesen, Lerby, Jesper Olsen and Michaël Laudrup. They were the kings of non competitive football and flattered to deceive...they never won anything.

And the next generation with less talent won the Euro's...

Telegraph says we are going to sign Illaramendi, that would mean curtains for Allen/Lucas.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this season, nobody is expecting a top-4 finish this time.
If we can avoid damage in the first few months, then we may be a surprise package especially if Sturridge returns.
It has to be a better season than last time. Our hope is that ManU and ManC have a few hiccups.
Arsenal/Chelsea will win the title for sure.

Telegraph says we are going to sign Illaramendi, that would mean curtains for Allen/Lucas.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this season, nobody is expecting a top-4 finish this time.
If we can avoid damage in the first few months, then we may be a surprise package especially if Sturridge returns.
It has to be a better season than last time. Our hope is that ManU and ManC have a few hiccups.
Arsenal/Chelsea will win the title for sure.
We are not going to sign illarramendi. Telegraph and theguardian rumours pages are just a way they have to generate traffic. It's all bullshit from dailstar, dailymail, thesun, metro, etc.

I tend to agree actually. All the pressure has left this LFC team - who is very young - and that'll be a good thing.

I don't really think much of Firmino, but Milner will start like a house on fire, Benteke will do well and Countiho/Henderson are a proven combo.

Early prediction - Benteke will score more goals in the league than Rooney. Bank on it.

I tend to agree actually. All the pressure has left this LFC team - who is very young - and that'll be a good thing.

I don't really think much of Firmino, but Milner will start like a house on fire, Benteke will do well and Countiho/Henderson are a proven combo.

Early prediction - Benteke will score more goals in the league than Rooney. Bank on it.

If Rooney is played upfront then I don't think that'll happen ;)

Benteke has to have one helluva of a season for Liverpool . I just cant see it, Coutinho and Firmino has that ping-pong passing ability which I think it will be too tricky for Benteke, he`s not technical savvy to handle quick short passes . Sturridge could I think Benteke will demand crosses and that`s too predictable.

Rooney is a weird one to sort MUFC plays fast counter-attacking defensive mode , it works. Playing short passes and slow build up NO.

Yeah I really don't know what to expect. Firminho had a good write-up on 365 so seems like he can be a good buy. Has the mentality, work ethic and skill. Benteke scored a great goal the other day which is a good start and he knows the league. Really haven't seen enough of him, but from what I have read he has enough movement and pace to work in the system. Midfield should be more dynamic as well as Gerrard really slowed the team down last season. Milner should be a good replacement. Clyne will hopefully do well, but then it's not really the players when it comes to the defense, so who knows how that will go.

Tbh, Liverpool were relatively close to 4th last season and that without a striker (or atleast one that actually moved around). Creating chances and attacking shouldn't be the problem, it was not having anybody up front to put them away. Sterling did ok with his movement but was crap at finishing and couldn't really hold the ball up well.

I think the combination of Coutinho with Firminho might be the more important aspect, if he can settle and make a lot of runs (with Ibe on the other side, or whoever else will be playing there) it should create a lot of space for the rest whilst always having a solid central focus with Benteke.

But with 7 new signings, of which at least 4 can be considered 1st team starters (Milner, Clyne, Firminho, Benteke) and the other 3 all on the bench (Ings, Gomez, Bogdan) getting them to actually learn to play together will be hard.

Yeah I really don't know what to expect. Firminho had a good write-up on 365 so seems like he can be a good buy. Has the mentality, work ethic and skill. Benteke scored a great goal the other day which is a good start and he knows the league. Really haven't seen enough of him, but from what I have read he has enough movement and pace to work in the system. Midfield should be more dynamic as well as Gerrard really slowed the team down last season. Milner should be a good replacement. Clyne will hopefully do well, but then it's not really the players when it comes to the defense, so who knows how that will go.

Tbh, Liverpool were relatively close to 4th last season and that without a striker (or atleast one that actually moved around). Creating chances and attacking shouldn't be the problem, it was not having anybody up front to put them away. Sterling did ok with his movement but was crap at finishing and couldn't really hold the ball up well.

I think the combination of Coutinho with Firminho might be the more important aspect, if he can settle and make a lot of runs (with Ibe on the other side, or whoever else will be playing there) it should create a lot of space for the rest whilst always having a solid central focus with Benteke.

But with 7 new signings, of which at least 4 can be considered 1st team starters (Milner, Clyne, Firminho, Benteke) and the other 3 all on the bench (Ings, Gomez, Bogdan) getting them to actually learn to play together will be hard.

I hope Rodgers doesn't forget Origi is a Liverpool player too...

Yep, forgot all about him. Looked at the list of signings for this year....oops. So that's another player on the bench and hopefully 1st team.

So half the 1st team and subs will be new this season......and another 5 from last season (Lovren, Moreno, Can, Lallana and Markovic). Half of which you would expect to start as 1st team players.

So really the 1st team is only left with Henderson, Coutinho, Mignolet, Skrtl, (Sturridge) from 2 seasons ago. Wow, that's ridiculous.

http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25-1

I understand why he is forgotten.
He was bought last year and hasn't exactly had a good season...if Liverpool has doubts about him (whichthey obviously have, since they bought 3 other strikers), they should loan him to another EPL club...

hmm i don´t think so.. i will be happy with 4th.

as for today...we played much better when Can came on...and Lallana off....

we need to start Can as deep lying midfielder always when fit...

great start from not such great game..

edit:
yWQVyS4.gif

Last edited:
The result is all that matters when we're bedding in new players.
I sense a repeat of the season 2 years ago :)
Hoping that this premier league will make it difficult for the top-4 with surprising results as we saw Arsenal and Chelsea drop points at home

Back
Top Bottom