Liverpool Thread

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 18s18 seconds ago
Ian Ayre has travelled to Chile as Liverpool close in on a £29m deal to sign Roberto Firmino.

looks like it´s happening...

i believe it when i see him in our shirt :P

29m? Defo Sterling money. No other reason to spend that much on him when he was linked with moves for 15-20m. Bit like Kondogbia to Inter, paying over the odds to grab him quickly. Hope we do the same with Pogba, we're doing it with Sterling despite being the only ones in the running :P

Didn't he sign for us for 13m over the weekend?

I hate transfer season.
Those rumours were probably bullshit. I don't think we were interested in him... if we were, why would he choose Liverpool (no CL)?

Or maybe we have decided we didn't want him. Either way, it's clear that no player would choose Liverpool over United as of now. Sorry lads. :/

But he's a good player, it will be a good transfer for Liverpool if it happens! :)

Last edited:
fantastic signing!!!

reason to be exicted for next season...

i hope Bacca, Clyne and Illara or Kovacic are next.

Pogba alone will not solve City's problems.
Pogba is a grat player, but what they lack is creativity besides Silva (who sometimes is absent in matches).

I know that they are after De Bruyne, but i think he will stay with Wolfsburg for another season and that would be the best thing for him.

There are also persistent rumours that United are after De Bruyne. I've got nothing against City, but i think United is a better team for De Bruyne.

Unsurprisingly, the Saha thing was bollocks.

Doubt we'll get Pogba but Sterling and De Bruyne look nailed on to me

Firmino decent signing for LFC, still need a top striker tho. Can't rely on Studge, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly, the Saha thing was bollocks.

Doubt we'll get Pogba but Sterling and De Bruyne look nailed on to me

Firmino decent signing for LFC, still need a top striker tho. Can't rely on Studge, unfortunately.

Sterling wants London and Chelsea are offering the same amount. It will be interesting to see (if) Chelsea offers £40+ loan player.

You think so? Sterling and his agent have obviously been talking to City for quite some time. He basically destroyed his relationship with LFC on the back of it.

Yes but LFC made a statement with Firmino, wich means we won´t sell Sterling under his real value, wich is 50 mil. And hopefully the owners will make Sterling stay somehow. I don´t want him to go, but more than that, i don´t want him to go cheap...

We've done the numbers, there is no point in selling him unless it's in our terms.
Hold Sterling to his contract and you earn a compensation likely in the region of 15-20M plus all the money saved in wages.

Sterling will likely to be better...

we sold Suarez for 70 to Barcelona...if we didn´t hold on to him, we would accept 40+1 from Arsenal...

Sterling either goes for 50 or stayes and his value will go up if he is up for it.

i don´t think he will stay but the owners are not stupid to sell a player like him, in his age and ability for nothing...

He could do a Fabregas and pay his way out. I think (if)he stays he`ll play woeful and will do no favours. You don`t come back from what he did, you can blame his agent . Sterling had all the options before agreeing to his stance . I think most in here won`t remember a young player name Anelka, he left Arsenal. He had a great future at Arsenal won the double and won young PFA he was 19-20yrs old too. What has Sterling done?

Anelka was a striker, Sterling is a winger, second striker or attacking midfielder. What has he done?

He has managed to play more than 120 matches for the first team and he isn´t yet 21... scored 23 goals... and i don´t know how many assists. Plus the fact he is English adds to his price.

if he was playing for other country, he would be cheaper... but if his name was Sterlinho and he was a player of Sevilla or other good team, you would say he is amazing talent worth at least 40 milions...

How many young Brits fulfilled their potential ? Very few. Liverpool doesn't have to sell Sterling they can force him to stay and play , especially w/ Euro next summer. Its their reputation ..

Sterling is a good player , but hasn't done nothing special or outstanding by what you wrote. He can't handle the pressure of what Liverpool wants him to do. if you can't convince a player that the club is going in the right direction and when that fails you offer more money and that fails . Where do you go next?

Back
Top Bottom