Liverpool Thread

Don't think so. First of all, he was before everyone else on Emre Can and then, when every respected journalist was saying that Moreno deal was off, he was saying it was being delayed until the end of the market.
He is also followed by Chris Anderson for example, one of the authors of the Numbers Game.
Guess we'll find out about Kovacic, but I think he is onto something.

I don't think he was before anyone else on the Emre Can transfer, we'd been talking about Can for a few days before he tweeted anything, and after a few days of being linked with a player literally anyone can tweet "oh hai guyz, deal is dun for dat playa" and later on if it goes through you look like you knew beforehand, if it doesn't go through you simply say the deal was on until something went wrong at the last minute. That's the secret to pretty much everyone on twitter. Mephobia doesn't tweet anything new, he's always a couple of days late but tries to make out like hes got the exclusive.

I also find it highly suspect that he claims to be a financial analyst for JP Morgan yet spends his entire time trawling through football rumour websites and posting stuff on twitter.

Last edited:
I don't think he was before anyone else on the Emre Can transfer, we'd been talking about Can for a few days before he tweeted anything, and after a few days of being linked with a player literally anyone can tweet "oh hai guyz, deal is dun for dat playa" and later on if it goes through you look like you knew beforehand, if it doesn't go through you simply say the deal was on until something went wrong at the last minute. That's the secret to pretty much everyone on twitter. Mephobia doesn't tweet anything new, he's always a couple of days late but tries to make out like hes got the exclusive.

I also find it highly suspect that he claims to be a financial analyst for JP Morgan yet spends his entire time trawling through football rumour websites and posting stuff on twitter.
Yes, that's Twitter ITKs do. Not the case with mephobia in my opinion.

I know for a fact Liverpool haven't bid for Kovacic yet. "Yet" is the important word, we might bid, but we haven't yet. Claims that we already have an agreement are way wide of the mark.

Can't believe you wouldn't sell Sterling for 40m (if the BBC and Sky are correct).

That's crazy money for a player with such a short period of true class. Same price as Aguero?!?

LFC should bite City's hand off for that.

If they're going to take the piss, we should lead them to believe we'll bid again but, shortly before the window shuts, sign someone else.

If he's worth as much as they want why did they only offer him (the 'best young player in europe') 100k? You'd get laughed out of the running if you offered a 50m+ player 100k p/w.

The 'Sterling' situation can be interpreted many ways.

Neither the club or player is coming out of this very well.

Such a shame it's all turning so sour.

Barca paid more than that for Neymar. They're never going to admit the real figure.

I can see a figure of £45m doing it now.

I just hope as a Liverpool fan, the club don't spend it on potential and go for one or two proven players instead.

We have enough players with 'potential' on our books. We need to go big.

Last edited:
Well the gamble of potential is just that, imagine the potential baring fruit. I tell you what Arsenal`s coq imo is better than any £25m DM in the league. Why? because he`s baring fruits. I dislike Fabregas as a potential player and hated Ramsey w/ all my heart lol .Both proved me wrong ;) When Liverpool players starting baring fruit and playing for Liverpool as if they feel they owe to them- priceless!

I see a 40/45M with addons to take it to 50M. We are not going to back out now. We know that City needs desperately quality home grown players. I just hope we don't waste 32M from that in Benteke.

Can't believe you wouldn't sell Sterling for 40m (if the BBC and Sky are correct).

That's crazy money for a player with such a short period of true class. Same price as Aguero?!?

If they're going to take the piss, we should lead them to believe we'll bid again but, shortly before the window shuts, sign someone else.

If he's worth as much as they want why did they only offer him (the 'best young player in europe') 100k? You'd get laughed out of the running if you offered a 50m+ player 100k p/w.

If Liverpool were receiving that figure they'd take it, have to take into account QPR will get 20% of a fee.

you have to consider Sterling´s age... + he is english and we know how the price for English talent is... cough Shaw cough...

LFC should only accept 50 mil. no less imo...

Think 50m is insane, just plain nuts. So is 30m for Shaw.

But then, it's not 'real' money for City, so who cares? What's the difference between 40m and 50m to Mansour?

Can you imagine newly MCity`s Sterling scoring in Anfield for years to come. I think Liverpool should raise the price...Lord knows Sterling has lots of years to make Liverpool suffer.

if we manage to sell him for 50 mil. the only way we would suffer from this transfer is if we manage to waste them again like we did with Torres money...otherwise i don´t care about him after the transfer...

if we look on every transfer like that it would be not right..

There was talk of Inter selling Kovacic to fund a move for Yaya, but it appears that he's staying so maybe they've decided to keep him

i can see us accepting City bid for Sterling and buy three more players...

hope a DM and top striker are two of them...

Back
Top Bottom