Liverpool Thread

Origi had a bad season, but so had Lille. He's only 19.or 20 years old. You can't expect him to lead a team imho has a bad season.

Watched a lot of Lille this season due to Rony, and Origi has looked pretty rubbish, like he could do with another year on loan somewhere.

I like Ings tho. Young, HG, decent link up play, quite quick, hard working. Wouldn't have minded him at City as 3rd choice ST.

no he isn´t, but i know this club will buy him + bring back Origi and keep those with Sturridge for next season... that is what worries me..
Yes, I agree. I wouldn't like that because Sturridge is a big question mark. He was injured 3/4 of the season and was mediocre the 1/4 he wasn't injured.

Early prediction, if you sign Ings, he'll score more goals than Sturridge next season.

Great option imo. Work ethic is second to none, decent goal return playing for Burnley. Burnley!

CF market is always tough and I don't see a estabilish player coming to Anfield unless LFC spends big time.

What CF's you guys think LFC could have a serious change of signing? Maybe Benteke, Lacazette and Jackson Martinez, but they need to spend at least €30 million to sign one of them.

CF market is always tough and I don't see a estabilish player coming to Anfield unless LFC spends big time.

What CF's you guys think LFC could have a serious change of signing? Maybe Benteke, Lacazette and Jackson Martinez, but they need to spend at least €30 million to sign one of them.

Liverpool plays like Arsenal- gols are spread out. Lambert was a target man like Giroud. It didn`t pan out they failed on the wings imo they lacked a proper RW-RM .

€30 million for Benteke? Yeah maybe we would, after spending £35 mil. for Carrol, nothing is impossible for this club...

Liverpool plays like Arsenal- gols are spread out. Lambert was a target man like Giroud. It didn`t pan out they failed on the wings imo they lacked a proper RW-RM .

That's the problem this season. LFC try to replace Suárez with Ballo and it didn't pan out, so they were forced to spread out the goalscoring duties and didn't go so well, so I think they need to invest in a solid goalscorer, since Sturridge is injury prone.

€30 million for Benteke? Yeah maybe we would, after spending £35 mil. for Carrol, nothing is impossible for this club...

Well, Benteke had a great season last year, and this year after coming back from a serious injury he's looking pretty good. Villa is a struggling team so his numbers are not amazing, but he's talent. Plus he's better than Lukaku, which was sold for more than €30 million. Proven strikers aren't cheap.

That's the problem this season. LFC try to replace Suárez with Ballo and it didn't pan out, so they were forced to spread out the goalscoring duties and didn't go so well, so I think they need to invest in a solid goalscorer, since Sturridge is injury prone.

LFC tried to replace Suarez with Alexis Sanchez, not Balotelli, but they failed...Balotelli never was n.1 priority for his replacement...that was just a risk by the club at buying someone who might come good because of age, experience and price...and perhaps also becouse we couldn´t attract a better player... If he came out good and scoring for fun, the people would praise Rodgers, like they are with Coutinho and Sturridge (obviously when he was scoring for fun last season).

also Lukaku is still (!) only 21... he can become the second Drogba or fade... he has all the time and potential for the first option.

Last edited:
LFC tried to replace Suarez with Alexis Sanchez, not Balotelli, but they failed...Balotelli never was n.1 priority for his replacement...that was just a risk by the club at buying someone who might come good because of age, experience and price...and perhaps also becouse we couldn´t attract a better player... If he came out good and scoring for fun, the people would praise Rodgers, like they are with Coutinho and Sturridge (obviously when he was scoring for fun last season).

also Lukaku is still (!) only 21... he can become the second Drogba or fade... he has all the time and potential for the first option.

I known that LFC try to pursue Sanchez and couldn't get him and I agreed with the Balotelli transfer, it was a worthy risk to take given how much talent he have. Not criticizing, just stating that it simply didn't work.

Lukaku has a great potential, although I think because of his poor reception skills he will never became an WC striker. Benteke is 24, still a very young striker. I doubt that Villa would sell him for less than that, if they're smart. There's no abundance of good strikers out there. Bony was sold for €30 million or so and Benteke is of a similar level.

Yesil has huge potential.
Such a shame he's been ravaged with injuries at such a young age.

I really hope he's over them now and can make a few first team appearances as the lad could be a big player for us.

His first touch and finishing is fantastic.

Marca reporting we made a bid for Illarramendi... never seen much of him from his plying at Sociedad..but he looks like young version of Alonso, so maybe he will fit in :D

some news in liverpool forums that new DOF is being searched for... Sevilla´s DOF Monchi apparently was seen in Liverpool...

some news in liverpool forums that new DOF is being searched for... Sevilla´s DOF Monchi apparently was seen in Liverpool...
Monchi is a transfer genius. Would be an amazing appointment.
Thing with Monchi though is that he doesn't want to leave Sevilla and why would he ? He earns a lot of money, lives in a great city and is considered a god.

Last edited:
With FSG's transfer policy, we need someone like Klopp in charge who has had a fantastic record of signing non-superstar players. Ignore his last season in charge, it has to be an aberration because he had 6 terrific seasons prior to that and has won the Bundesliga twice, and been a regular CL manager.

Rodger's transfer record is shambolic to say the least.

With FSG's transfer policy, we need someone like Klopp in charge who has had a fantastic record of signing non-superstar players. Ignore his last season in charge, it has to be an aberration because he had 6 terrific seasons prior to that and has won the Bundesliga twice, and been a regular CL manager.

Rodger's transfer record is shambolic to say the least.
Dortmund has a DOF so it's not clear who was in charge of transfers. They initially made some great coups but in the last season they haven't been having success, which shows that random plays a big part in transfers.

With FSG's transfer policy, we need someone like Klopp in charge who has had a fantastic record of signing non-superstar players.

I feel this is where both of our clubs are similar. Both clubs give the platforms to promising young players and make superstars of them.

Buying ready made flash players rarely seems to work.

Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy this summer

It will be a busy summer of transfer activity at Liverpool with at least 10 players and probably more expected to leave, writes Jason Burt

Brendan Rodgers is expected to survive as Liverpool manager into next season but could there be some changes in how the club goes about recruiting players this summer?

One suggestion is that the Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool, might want to appoint a director of football/ general manager to assist Rodgers.

This would raise questions over whether the much-debated transfer committee – which is headed by the manager – will be broken up, or at least revamped, following some disappointing signings in recent windows.

The committee includes Rodgers, Mike Gordon, a Liverpool director who also sits on FSG’s board, chief executive Ian Ayre, head of performance and analysis Michael Edwards along with chief scout Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows, the head of recruitment.

The spotlight is likely to fall on Hunter and Fallows in particular, and how effective they have been, when FSG carry out their usual end-of-season review of how Liverpool have performed.

Whether they re-shape the committee or even take the step of appointing a director of football – something Rodgers has opposed in the past – remains to seen but certainly there will be a reckoning over the signings that have been made and just how many have proved a success.

Even if a change is made to the way Liverpool conduct their transfers there will not be a wavering in the principle of signing players of potential which FSG have insisted upon.

Either way it will be a busy summer of transfer activity at Liverpool with at least 10 players and probably more expected to leave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...to-change-recruitment-policy-this-summer.html

Rodgers says that Liverpool were outstanding today and did everything but win.
Kinda getting sick of this talk, what's the point of 74% possession if we can't score a goal.

He's a good modern manager, but man I just wish he stops all this "outstanding" talk.

WTF do Madrid have to do with my post. My initial comment was regarding MUFC/LFC.

The two most successful clubs in the country by some distance, and this hasn't been through signing superstars.

Calm down tough guy. Re read your post and to help you.. In particular the last sentence.

Last edited:
Watched from the 70th minute, how can you score a goal when 10 players are shielding the goals? Credit to them, got the result. Hopefully now that top 4 is gone, they'll play more relaxed and younger players can get a chance.

Would be crazy to ignore all the good he's done. For large swathes of the last 2 years - 24 months - he's coached that squad to being the best performing team in the country.

Football is crazy in its short-termism.

Back
Top Bottom