Liverpool Thread

Diaby is my favourite Arsenal player he`s my vote! its not easy playing 124 games since 05/06 (9yrs) and Wenger said he wants to extend his contract :WORSHIP:

That makes me want to go to my boss in the morning in ( beachwear) and ask for a 2yrs advancement.

Nearly, a CL final loss to Milan.

I see Utd are doing ok again, out of the woodwork you come.

An FA Cup win years ago was the kick start to losing a CL final, and nothing else.

Chill with the snide remarks I have been on this board for a long ass time, I have posted more some seasons than others regardless of us doing "ok"

Sorry Tik when am I allowed to post, whats the official criteria please let me know. I will fit that around my work and family commitments.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe the word 'always' should have been written as 'often'
Other than this small edit, my point remains.

Chelsea won a League Cup, and have had a continued spell of success.

Manchester City won the F.A cup prior to challenging and winning the Premier League.

Dare I say even Manchester United won an FA cup and a Cup Winners Cup before their dominance.

I'm also a little naive and I don't use internet 'slang' so I'm not sure what GTF is.

Of course you hope it will but there is plenty of recent evidence to prove otherwise, to be fair I will use the same number of examples as you, just to even it out.

LFC won the FA Cup in '06 (one of the best finals I have seen by the way) and so far have not won anything since. Losing a CL final and two 2nd place finishes in the league are not spells of success.

Arsenal beat us in the final in '05, won nothing for 9 years.

So, my point remains.

Of course you hope it will but there is plenty of recent evidence to prove otherwise, to be fair I will use the same number of examples as you, just to even it out.

LFC won the FA Cup in '06 (one of the best finals I have seen by the way) and so far have not won anything since. Losing a CL final and two 2nd place finishes in the league are not spells of success.

Arsenal beat us in the final in '05, won nothing for 9 years.

So, my point remains.

Hence the reason I admitted my post should have read the word 'often' instead of always.

Either way, these are our opinions and open to debate as well as be interpreted differently by anyone who reads them.

I still feel a cup win can bring confidence into the squad for the next season.

Just got the tricky game against the Villa to get through. Won't be easy.

Samed Yesil is back... he scored two goals in 0:3 away win for U21 against Spurs...

great for him and hopefully he will be playing for first team someday...can´t be worse than Borini...

Samed Yesil is back... he scored two goals in 0:3 away win for U21 against Spurs...

great for him and hopefully he will be playing for first team someday...can´t be worse than Borini...

Can't believe people still have hope for this guy. His story is worse than Diaby's.

Great tactics from Rodgers...add another passenger to the team (balo + gerrard) whilst nullifying your two best players (sterling + Coutinho).

Villa very much the better team.

Let him play 5 minutes in the final for his birthday and that's it.
He is death wood..

Still think Liverpool can equalize. Villa doesn't have the best defense and Liverpool have enough good players to force something.

and he wont even get 5 minutes during the final,

Brenden Rodgers or whoever in charge of transfers made some poor decisions
Some transfers may come good I think but
When you sell a top class player like Suarez for good money its hard to replace ofcourse but you need to plan and get the right players which liverpool didnt do and maybe a bit too focused on numbers rather than quality

tactics wise today was pretty poor
aston villa played well delph and Grealish were great

Manager of the year Brandon will be @ManCity ready to spend £130m for ya! I would like Klopp to go to Arsenal and promote Wenger upstairs ... Liverpool should get Karanka
No way, they are waiting for Guardiola.
It's an interesting question now that Klopp is available. I wouldn't sack Brendan on normal circumstances but if Klopp is available ...
I know I've said this to tiredness but the problem with the buys we made is that we literally wasted 45 millions in Southampton. I'm ok with the rest of the buys, one was a risk that had little odds of paying off, Moreno can't defende, Can is a beast and I think Markovic can be a great player if Rodgers gave him an honest chance. But those 45 millions we gave to Southampton were just ... and one can sense that Brendan Rodgers was the one who pushed for those three buys.

Klopp most definitely had his head turned. We won't know until it happens. I can't see Pep @ ManCity . You don't go from Barça- Bayern to City! The only place I can see Pep go is Mutd maybe Arsenal for luxury purpose.

Is Suso a loan player or was sold. He was taking all FK for Milan tonight .

Klopp most definitely had his head turned. We won't know until it happens. I can't see Pep @ ManCity . You don't go from Barça- Bayern to City! The only place I can see Pep go is Mutd maybe Arsenal for luxury purpose.

Is Suso a loan player or was sold. He was taking all FK for Milan tonight .
Why not ? City's structure is full of the people he worked with at Barcelona. I can definitely see him there next season.

Rodgers will be gone I think.
I wonder if Klopp is the man to take over.
He has stated that England is his most likely destination in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

Could definitely see Klopp at Pool over City any day. Going from Dortmund to another team with strong tradition, a very connected fan base and focus on youth development seems more logical than the alternative.

I wonder if he can set up a team for big matches.

I was thinking about this earlier, but I can't remember a single big game where the team was set up in such a pragmatic way to be solid and nick a goal ala Chelsea. Or even close to being solid when playing a better or equal team. Does anyone remember one?

i hope Klopp would like some challenge, becouse the state of this club.... that is a hell of challenge to get us where we hope to be...

Just watched the highlights of the semi on YT. Man, Lovren is so bad in the Villa goals. Jesus. Never saw a CB give that much space to an opponent in the box. Incredible bad. 20 million thrown in to the bin.

Back
Top Bottom