Liverpool Thread

Why Klopp? His team was bottom of league not long ago! If that was Rodgers at Liverpool some of the Muppets in here would have been calling for his head. The German league is nowhere near as competitive as The BPL either so why is a manager who has also had a crap season wanted over Rodgers whose side went on a great run of form before losing to United and Arsenal. There's no shame in losing to them! Fickle as hell. Semi's are one offs and anything can happen. Look at Arsenal the day before. If it wasn't for the keepers mistake they could have gone to pens.
Liverpool were crap yesterday but all this crap saying get rid of the manager now does my head in. Liverpool have no right to win anything and are up against some tough opposition so all this Rodgers is first manager not to win something in his first 3 years. So what? Shit happens. Means nothing. Could go on to be very successful. Who knows? I'm happy to stick with him. Made mistakes of course but what manager hasn't.

The German league is more competitive than the EPL. I see where you're coming from because at the top it isn't, they have Bayern. The rest of the league is arguably the best in the world, also taking into account that in Germany you really have "proper led" clubs...most clubs are partly owned by the fans (with the exception of Bayer Leverkusen and Wolfsburg (Volkswagen)) and are financially much healthier than all the English EPL club.

About Klopp and Rodgers.

IMO Rodgers gets too much stick. He is doing very well at Liverpool. I wonder how he made his team selection yesterday; was it his decision to play Gerrard? Was he forced to do so by the board or was he influenced by the fans.

I see fans complaining about playing Gerrard, but before the match 90% of the fans wanted to see Gerrard winning the cup on his birthday in his last match. Liverpool is simply not good with Gerrard the last 3 seasons. Should have sold him 3 seasons ago.

If Klopp would come to England, i think he should be manager at Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs.

Spurs are not good enough for Klopp and would be foolish to get rid of Pocchetino who is doing very well with a mediocre squad.

Arsenal will never get rid of Wenger until Wenger himself stops.

That leaves Liverpool are the most likely candidates, but would that be fair towards Rodgers? I don't think so.

I don't believe in Klopp as City manager (he thrives when the fans create a hellish stadium, the Etihad is more like a golf club than a football stadium) and United would be foolish to get rid of Van Gaal.

Why Klopp? His team was bottom of league not long ago! If that was Rodgers at Liverpool some of the Muppets in here would have been calling for his head. The German league is nowhere near as competitive as The BPL either so why is a manager who has also had a crap season wanted over Rodgers whose side went on a great run of form before losing to United and Arsenal. There's no shame in losing to them! Fickle as hell. Semi's are one offs and anything can happen. Look at Arsenal the day before. If it wasn't for the keepers mistake they could have gone to pens.
Liverpool were crap yesterday but all this crap saying get rid of the manager now does my head in. Liverpool have no right to win anything and are up against some tough opposition so all this Rodgers is first manager not to win something in his first 3 years. So what? Shit happens. Means nothing. Could go on to be very successful. Who knows? I'm happy to stick with him. Made mistakes of course but what manager hasn't.
Because he is a better manager than Rodgers and you would be preventing him going to one of your rivals.
I'm not saying we should definitely fire Brendan and bring Klopp. I'm saying it's something we should think about and I think we are going to because the committe/manager actual configuration is going to have to be reevaluated in the summer.

Klopp should go to Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool over City because of atmosphere (like it's any better at WHL and Arsenal - and even Anfield most weeks )? what a retarded comment

Nearly as retarded as saying De Gea's handball = a penalty

Because he is a better manager than Rodgers and you would be preventing him going to one of your rivals.

I'm not saying we should definitely fire Brendan and bring Klopp. I'm saying it's something we should think about and I think we are going to because the committe/manager actual configuration is going to have to be reevaluated in the summer.

Is he really a better manager? How do you know Rodgers couldn't have done the same with the squad Klopp had at Dortmund? How do you know Klopp would do much better at Liverpool?
I've no idea either but Rodgers has done ok so far for me and happy to give him more time.

The only reason Klopp shouldn't go to City is because City want Pep in a year.

It really is that simple. Ignore the whole 'need to win now', and 'buy rather than develop' and 'it's a project not a football club'. None of that matters. Pep is the man they want, and if they believe they can get him next year, Klopp doesn't make any sense.

As a United fan, I'm annoyed he couldn't have come to this realisation last year. Despite LVG's success over the past 6 weeks, I'd much, much rather have had Klopp at United.

Is he really a better manager? How do you know Rodgers couldn't have done the same with the squad Klopp had at Dortmund? How do you know Klopp would do much better at Liverpool?
I've no idea either but Rodgers has done ok so far for me and happy to give him more time.
I don't know if Klopp would do much better than Rodgers at Liverpool and I don't know if Rodgers would have been able to do what Klopp did at Dortmund, but considering he was, at the time in which Klopp won titles with Dortmund, trying to promote Swansea, it looks unlikely.
I think that, if Klopp is available, the owners are going to base the decision on how much power Brendan had in the transfers. They did fire Dalglish and Commolli three years ago for wasting their money.

Klopp should go to Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool over City because of atmosphere (like it's any better at WHL and Arsenal - and even Anfield most weeks )? what a retarded comment

Nearly as retarded as saying De Gea's handball = a penalty

On a forum one should discuss. Discussion is among other things not being judgemental about other's opinions.

You are a very bad looser. I've reported you because i'm sick of the way you avoid arguments.

For the others.

About my Klopp-atmosphere argument.

I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Rafaël Hönigstein when asked about the chance Klopp going to City, he tought it higly improbable for exactly the same reason. In his (and my) opinion part of Klopp's success and motivation with Dortmund is the infamous Gelbe Wande.

Perhaps i'm not the best placed person to say things about the atmosphere at the Etihad, since i've never been there. I suppose Godotelli is there all the time, so he should know better than i. I base my opinion on the televised games (perhaps not the best way of judging atmosphere in a stadium) but also on what other people say about the atmosphere at the Etihad. I might be wrong...

On the other hand Hönigstein mentioned Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool as more natural destinations for Klopp above Manchester City.

About De Gea, read the United thread and see what northstandhero wrote. I'm not sure if both he and i am wrong, but i make an analogy with the offside rule. Only body parts that can play the ball count for off-side (a hand can never make a player off-side, a head can). De Gea was with his feet inside the box. He was with his arms outside the box and he touched the ball with his arm/hand. To me that is a penalty. I could well be wrong, but it is not a retarded opinion.

This our last discussion. I've put you on my ignore list. That is a shame, you seem a very intelligent person to me, but lately discussing with you is not much fun.

The constant bashing of City 'Emptyhad' is getting pretty ridiculous. Sure an atmosphere plays a role in the motivation of a team, but its only a small part. Juve dominated Italian football through the 90's and early 00's despite having probably one of the worst stadium in terms of atmosphere (a big mausoleum with a poor attendance). Monaco did the same for a few years in 90's. Mourinho's Inter didn't have the best attendance either.

Times are tough and EPL tickets are very expensive and considering that City fan base have working class roots kind explain the 'low' attendance (only compared to other EPL teams).

Probably Klopp only wants to go to a 'historic' premier league team and not to City, because of media coverage or whatever reason, but I doubt that the atmosphere of the stadium has anything to do with his decision.

Just on the penalty incident - it is the spot of the infringement. So if the foul is committed by the hand connecting with the ball - by definition it has to be outside of the box, as if it was inside the box it wouldn't be an infringement.

A goalie can (and often-ish does) give away an indirect free kick for handling a backpass in the box. But I don't believe a keeper can give away a penalty for handball with the laws as they're written.

(but I'm sure Atkinson would out a way to give Chelsea one. Guffaw. Zing.)

Klopp has a great track record

He led Dortmund to 2 titles, German Cup, CL finalists.
He has consistently turned the team around after they lost major players.
The only exception was this season.

But FSG will probably give Rodgers one more season.
I'm afraid of the transfers, because we have been terrible.

Chris Bascombe just confirmed that Rodgers will not be fired so that's it I guess.
Also, Henderson is going to sign until 2020 on 100k a week.

Chris Bascombe just confirmed that Rodgers will not be fired so that's it I guess.
Also, Henderson is going to sign until 2020 on 100k a week.

i bet they change their mind depending on results as always...

we saw what happend in Man. United last year...

we play without heart and passion in FA Cup semi final...something is wrong, very wrong... if we lost that game giving our best, so be it...but we didn´t, neither did the coach.

Agree. Results aren't that bad. The problem is in the current structure and operation of the club, which is much more serious.

On a forum one should discuss. Discussion is among other things not being judgemental about other's opinions.

You are a very bad looser. I've reported you because i'm sick of the way you avoid arguments.

For the others.

About my Klopp-atmosphere argument.

I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Rafaël Hönigstein when asked about the chance Klopp going to City, he tought it higly improbable for exactly the same reason. In his (and my) opinion part of Klopp's success and motivation with Dortmund is the infamous Gelbe Wande.

Perhaps i'm not the best placed person to say things about the atmosphere at the Etihad, since i've never been there. I suppose Godotelli is there all the time, so he should know better than i. I base my opinion on the televised games (perhaps not the best way of judging atmosphere in a stadium) but also on what other people say about the atmosphere at the Etihad. I might be wrong...

On the other hand Hönigstein mentioned Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool as more natural destinations for Klopp above Manchester City.

About De Gea, read the United thread and see what northstandhero wrote. I'm not sure if both he and i am wrong, but i make an analogy with the offside rule. Only body parts that can play the ball count for off-side (a hand can never make a player off-side, a head can). De Gea was with his feet inside the box. He was with his arms outside the box and he touched the ball with his arm/hand. To me that is a penalty. I could well be wrong, but it is not a retarded opinion.

This our last discussion. I've put you on my ignore list. That is a shame, you seem a very intelligent person to me, but lately discussing with you is not much fun.

a bit harsh to run to a
Mod for this.

I cried all night :(

Rodgers has the best win ratio of all LFC managers for the last 25 years, except Rafa. He's a good manager tho seems a bit crap in the transfer market - if it is him making the signings. His constant arselicking of LFC is annoying too.

Last edited:
I think the problem is bigger then that... Their blaming spies and fans for tactics fragility lol

I can just see Tim Sherwood sitting down with a team of data analysts to run through the stolen footage of LFC's training sessions to pinpoint tactical strategies to exploit.

Yeah. No.

Rodgers is fine. I hope he stays. LFC were the form team in the country in the league until two losses. TWO! They're still not out of 4th imo, given the run ins.

I can just see Tim Sherwood sitting down with a team of data analysts to run through the stolen footage of LFC's training sessions to pinpoint tactical strategies to exploit.

Yeah. No.

Rodgers is fine. I hope he stays. LFC were the form team in the country in the league until two losses. TWO! They're still not out of 4th imo, given the run ins.

Completely agree with that.

Its not a penalty Gerd, cant be. I really dont understand why this is being discussed, a goalie either handballs outside the area for a freekick or he "handballs" in the area which isnt a freekick. Its like saying that as long as you keep one leg on the pitch you can continue to play the ball outside the pitch. It has nothing to do with the other leg.

As for Klopp/Rodgers. Meh either way. Rodgers has the team play some great football a lot of the time, and without a decent striker for most of the season has done well really. But why there wasnt a decent striker to play is also an issue. Klopp could be good, same for Rodgers if he continues to develop.

apparently Ings to LFC is a done deal ...

53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

About the match against Villa.
Rodgers should stop laying Can as a CB. He is a very good player, but should play in midfield (where he should take Gerrard's place, not necessarily his position).

I think Sherwoord did a fine job in recognizing Can as a possible weak link, being not a natural CB. Benteke in particular played quite often in Can's area. Both goals started on the right side and after a while Can even had to play as some sort of right back. People here mention Lovren as the weak link. Lovren did not particularly a good match, but Can was the weak link.

IMO he has everything to become a very, very good player, but he should play in midfield. Sherwood outsmarted Rodgers, which imo is a litle bit ominous (and i do consider Rodgers a fine manager, but Sunday he had it wrong, this can happen of course).

I don't know. I've seen very little of him but the comparison with Lambert doesn't hold. Lambert was a waste of money. There is a big difference in spending 4M in a 22 years old with spending it in a 32 years old.
I'm not saying he is the only foward we should buy, but he may be good value for that money. The foward position is an interesting dilemma by the way. Origi is coming after an apparently awful season at Lille. Are we going to send him out on loan again ? Are we going to sell all of our strikers but Sturridge (who is probably going to be injured half of next season as well) and buy Ings and one more?

Back
Top Bottom