Liverpool Thread

The manager picks the penalty takers, so it's his fault to put Hendo ahead of Balotelli.
Gerrard should have kept quiet in the ITV studio, I'm actually amazed that he commentated on his own
team while he is still a player in the squad.
Again, poor management.
Completely agree. It's ridiculous and it's not the first time it happens.

The only real issue is Gerrard running his mouth on the tv, he had nothing to gain by criticising Balotelli.

Seem to remember Gerrard saying a few months ago that Rodgers told him if he's not on the pitch then Balotelli would take the penalties.

Actually I should not have blamed Rodgers, he said Hendo was the assigned PK-taker because
Balotelli was not in the starting XI.
So when Mario comes on, it makes sense that he takes it.

Gerrard should not have criticised Mario, but he did make up for it by praising him later on and
even on instagram.

They are grown men, they have moved on...

C'mon Liverpool, we have to beat Southampton !!

why gerrard talking shit about mario on live TV though, if he being mischievous, it don't matter, he scored. he would of looked like a bit of a twat if he missed though..

kevin mirallas vs west brom:LOL:

I know Liverpool fans are playing it down, but I agree with Gerrard, no matter what, he took the ball off of the captain and didn't give a shit.

It makes Henderson look like a dick and completely undermines him.

Henderson did the right thing though, the more he would have argued the more petty it would have looked.

Seeing as Balotelli is again being criticised, this time by Rodgers, am I the only one thinking this is an organised attempt to keep him on his toes to improve his performances? When you see how protective the club normally is, whether the player is performing or not, I get the impression that this constant criticism is something the sports science guys have come up with to push Mario to be better. Like they have done a psychological analysis and have come to the conclusion that this is the best way to motivate him.

He definitely looked a different player recently. Nice option to have off the bench.

Sturridge will only become a true great if he learns how to be more of a team player.

He definitely looked a different player recently. Nice option to have off the bench.

Sturridge will only become a true great if he learns how to be more of a team player.

Completely agree with you on Sturridge.

That's why he didn't make it at Man City or Chelsea.

He's incredibly talented and of course strikers HAVE to be selfish in front of goal but Sturridge is blinkered when he involves himself outside of the box. The obvious pass is never obvious to him. It breaks the tempo of our attack and often his poor decisions or attempting to take a player on for the third or fourth time, results in the opposition regularly taking the ball off him.

Also WHAT a goal by Coutinho. The most beautiful goal in all of football - crashing in off the underside of the bar.

Liverpool look a completely different team without Gerrard. I think you need youth and energy to play how Rodgers' wants.

Great result and decent performance defensively. Fortunately Southampton haven't got the attack to make their possession and pressure count.

2 shots on target and 2 goals before a couple of late efforts from Sturridge.

amazing win, i can see the team is believing again...

it is tight, but we are on a great run so far...long might it continue..

Coutinho strike one of the best goals...that is the only thing he needed to improve on his game...to strike a ball like that....

8.5m, let that sink in....

Are you high? Coutinho has been one of the best, if not the best player since Liverpool started turning things around around Christmas time.

No I am sober my friend, I dont touch the illegal stuff and you shouldnt either, it messes with your mind!

Coutinho is hit & miss. Even the commentators were saying it yesterday.

Good player though!

I really can't understand why Rodger feel the need to talk how SoTOn should treat their ex-players. Does he care or does he what to make headlines for himself?

No I am sober my friend, I dont touch the illegal stuff and you shouldnt either, it messes with your mind!

Coutinho is hit & miss. Even the commentators were saying it yesterday.

Good player though!

i hope more people and clubs think this way so they leave him alone, he is a diamond.

The thing with Coutinho is he is only as good as the movement in front of him. If the striker makes a run he will more often then not find him and create a chance. But Liverpool are still inconsistent in doing this atm. Yesterday the attack was crap, very rushed and loads of misplaced passes.

I like him and was surprised he was on the bench so much earlier this season.

ATM my main criticism of him is he looks for the through ball too much when it's not the best thing to do. As he matures I'm sure he'll pick the right pass more often.

Coutinho imo is important the way Arsenal has Ramsey. They both offer a little bit of everything . Ramsey has played RB,CM,RM all for the cause .

Coutinho will become a true great when he gets the consistency right. I have noticed a few hesitations lately where he hasn't played the ball when it could have been released.

He also goes missing for ages in some games.

Back
Top Bottom