Liverpool Thread

Hi UJ, i might have defended Mignolet if he was Swiss or Spanish.
I remember how i defended Henderson when he was in his first season. He turned out to be a fine player and will be even better when Gerrard has left Liverpool.
I reacted to the same poster who infuriated you because of his "thoughts" on gay people...

But i also reacted to fans 'in general' (i know, it's a silly thing to do). There are fans who expect lifelong loyalty from professional players, but are the first to want players, who are having a bad spell, out of the club.

It infuriates me that fans don't treat players for what they are: journeyman, and there is nothing wrong with that. I wasabsolutely digusted with the tifo with a decapitated Steven Defour when he returned to the club he gave all for (Standard), as a player of a rival (Anderlecht).

Mignolet had some bad matches, but he deserves a break.

Had no idea about that banner. Just saw it. Shocking stuff. In Argentina, the ultras are crazy too, but I've never seen anything remotely like that.

Come on gerd, i'm sure if Mignolet was Swiss or Spanish you wouldn't give a toss about the valid criticism he recieved earlier in the season.

Well said. Gerd seems very protective of any player who is from Belgium I have noticed.

Mignolet has done well of late but let's not pretend he's a special GK - he isn't. Liverpool will need to replace him if they are serious about going for the league anytime soon.

Hi UJ, i might have defended Mignolet if he was Swiss or Spanish.
I remember how i defended Henderson when he was in his first season. He turned out to be a fine player and will be even better when Gerrard has left Liverpool.
I reacted to the same poster who infuriated you because of his "thoughts" on gay people...

But i also reacted to fans 'in general' (i know, it's a silly thing to do). There are fans who expect lifelong loyalty from professional players, but are the first to want players, who are having a bad spell, out of the club.

It infuriates me that fans don't treat players for what they are: journeyman, and there is nothing wrong with that. I wasabsolutely digusted with the tifo with a decapitated Steven Defour when he returned to the club he gave all for (Standard), as a player of a rival (Anderlecht).

Mignolet had some bad matches, but he deserves a break.

The thing is though gerd, he did have some really bad performances and he did cost us points with crazy mistakes, was deservedly dropped and has seemingly come back at his best. I don't think anybody (maybe one or two, but they're not real people, let alone fans!) completely blamed him for everything wrong, they simply lashed out at the end of the matches and pointed out his errors which cost us goals. Which is fair enough, there have been plenty of games where our forward line have missed chance after chance and they've also been rightly criticised.

It just seemed to me that you were being very protective over Mignolet, and i put that down to his nationality.

In other news... Mignolet came into my restaurant with his family last night, seemed to really enjoy himself too. Skrtel and Johnson are in regularly. Back when Benitez was manager we used to get Alonso, Reina, Benitez, Arbeloa and Riera were regulars, Guillem Balague once interviewed Pepe Reina in one of our booths haha

You own a restaurant? Must be special to have the likes of them coming through.

Should have worded that better haha, i don't own it, i'm the head chef though. Yeh it's decent having stars come in, Roberto Martinez came in last week in the afternoon. The biggest names we've probably had was when Oasis came in in 2009.

You noticed this after 3 months on the forum? How come you don't support Inter any more by the way?

Not sure I understand why you are attacking me? Inter? Wait, what?

I have seen Gerd make the same opinions always about Belgium players since I have been here yes, but why attack me for it?

This place is very angry at times.

Should have worded that better haha, i don't own it, i'm the head chef though. Yeh it's decent having stars come in, Roberto Martinez came in last week in the afternoon. The biggest names we've probably had was when Oasis came in in 2009.

makes sense most head chef feels the kitchen is theirs :) I have a close mate whose a pastry chef travels the world n such. He makes a proper living .

I wonder how the Rodgers haters think about him now...some people said that he was worthless (and i'm not talking about Liverpool fans).

Since boxing day Liverpool is the best EPL team...i think we will see a second competition half from Liverpool like last season...

I wonder how the Rodgers haters think about him now...some people said that he was worthless (and i'm not talking about Liverpool fans).

Since boxing day Liverpool is the best EPL team...i think we will see a second competition half from Liverpool like last season...

Rodgers has spent £200 million over 3 years and Liverpool are in 7th place with just 13 games remaining.

Awful signings is why people criticise Rodgers.

Only Rafa has more points from their first 100 matches in charge of LFC than Rodgers...in the Prem anyway.

That's my favourite useless statistic du jour!

Apparently that match was 'outstanding' (Rodgers) and 'very interesting' (Martinez).

Hrm.

Rodgers has spent £200 million over 3 years and Liverpool are in 7th place with just 13 games remaining.

Liverpool signings have been as good or as bad as pretty much everyone else. 50 % ratio is typical and that's what we've got. Although taking into account our management considers themselves as innovative and creative and have a structure in place different than usual we should expect better than the usual.

you forget to mention how many players he had to sell or get rid off + how long Sturridge was injured for the duration of first half of this season...

out of all Rodgers signings, there are more better signings than worse.

Sturridge for £12,000,000
Coutinho for £8,500,000
Mamadou Sakho for £15,000,000
Emre Can £9,750,000

those are players that earn less than Falcao together maybe... before th recent renewal of their contracts...

some buys were overpriced, but what team doesn´t make mistakes?

still i realy think he improved the club, especially the style of play, despite where we are now, the places in PL are tight this season... we can still reach top 4 and win FA Cup. at least we should aim for that.

yes he spended money, but the net spend is realy not that bad during his reign.

spend.png

Not the worst result. We will miss Lucas though.
Our defense is much better now overall, and that has to do with the unit of Lucas, Can, Sakho, Skrtel, Migs upping their game.

Must win against Spurs to have any chance of top-4
Hopefully we will win.

I don't understand what Gerrard has to offer in these last months. Rodgers should be careful and select players on merit and not to make tributes. He should have been taken out against Everton instead of Coutinho, and he shouldn't be playing today.

Back
Top Bottom