Liverpool Thread

big three points today...awesome win.

the fight for the 4th place will be amazing i guess.

our young team is getting better...

I'm gutted Spurs lost that game.
We had some momentum and were euphoric after that win in the derby.

But anyhow, all credit to FC Liverpool.

Rodgers spotted in Rome today...apparently we are scouting or bid for Pjanic...

would be ideal n.8 to replace Gerrard.

It might if we are in CL next season....

also we are apparently after Pjanic, Nainggolan and Keita Baldé Diao from Lazio...

all of them would be amazing.

Really ...weren`t Liverpool in CL this season w/ loads of Suarez (kitty) money? I don`t think it matters, whether Liverpool are in CL . Its w£a£g£es that makes the difference imo.

yeah, but we need to play CL every year to attract top players..not just sometimes...

and this is interesting...wish he was not so injury prone...

10501607_948499791829544_5976837074226175914_n.jpg

shame he could not play CL for us this season :(

Liverpool cant offer the wages that Chelsea, Man City & ManU can offer.

That is not a problem.
I didn't prevent them to buy Suarez, the best forward in the world. He wasn't when they bought him, but he was when he played Liverpool. Another example: Torres.

Clubs don't need to buy stars but they need to buy future stars. Scouts will be come more and more important. Look at relatively modest clubs like Udinese and Palermo who keen on finding fantastic players.

And then there is something different. A club like Man City might have the money to pay the 10 best forwards in the world, but they will not all come because they want to play.

I will give you an example. I'm sorry if it's a Belgian player, but i know those best. Look at Kevin De Bruyne. Chelsea bought him from Genk when he was a raw diamond. They loaned him out to Genk and to Werder Bremen and then they recalled him. He failed at Chelsea and he is now playing for Wolfsburg. People who really follow football around Europe now that he is one of the best players in the world. In january clubs like Man City, Man United and PSG wanted to buy him. He stayed with Wolfsburg because he is sure to play. If Liverpool goes for De Bruyne, and he has the impression that he can be a first team regular, then De Bruyne will play for them (his mother is English and she was a Liverpool fan, De Bruyne was a Liverpool fan as a kid).

Do you think that a player like Lukaku would not like to play for Liverpool ? Eriksen ? Why did Sanchez ended up with Arsenal instead of Man City or Chelsea.

Hell the best examples ever are to former Arsenal legends: both Henry and Bergkamp failed in Italy. They became arguably the best Arsenal players ever...

The fact that the sugar daddy clubs can pay higher wages than Liverpool doesn't mean anything if Liverpool play the thransfer market in an intelligent way; which they will.

That is not a problem.
I didn't prevent them to buy Suarez, the best forward in the world. He wasn't when they bought him, but he was when he played Liverpool. Another example: Torres.

Clubs don't need to buy stars but they need to buy future stars. Scouts will be come more and more important. Look at relatively modest clubs like Udinese and Palermo who keen on finding fantastic players.

And then there is something different. A club like Man City might have the money to pay the 10 best forwards in the world, but they will not all come because they want to play.

I will give you an example. I'm sorry if it's a Belgian player, but i know those best. Look at Kevin De Bruyne. Chelsea bought him from Genk when he was a raw diamond. They loaned him out to Genk and to Werder Bremen and then they recalled him. He failed at Chelsea and he is now playing for Wolfsburg. People who really follow football around Europe now that he is one of the best players in the world. In january clubs like Man City, Man United and PSG wanted to buy him. He stayed with Wolfsburg because he is sure to play. If Liverpool goes for De Bruyne, and he has the impression that he can be a first team regular, then De Bruyne will play for them (his mother is English and she was a Liverpool fan, De Bruyne was a Liverpool fan as a kid).

Do you think that a player like Lukaku would not like to play for Liverpool ? Eriksen ? Why did Sanchez ended up with Arsenal instead of Man City or Chelsea.

Hell the best examples ever are to former Arsenal legends: both Henry and Bergkamp failed in Italy. They became arguably the best Arsenal players ever...

The fact that the sugar daddy clubs can pay higher wages than Liverpool doesn't mean anything if Liverpool play the thransfer market in an intelligent way; which they will.

Where did I say it was a problem? My point was that if Liverpool go on for a world class player and another club like Man city or Chelsea want him, then that player will end up at one of the latter clubs.

It's just how it is. Players will go for money.

As for Suarez, Liverpool was just a stepping stone for him. Same with Torres, he went to Chelsea as soon as he knew they were in for him.

As for Suarez, Liverpool was just a stepping stone for him. Same with Torres, he went to Chelsea as soon as he knew they were in for him.

great examples of what you say (not...)

both went out for other than wages..to win trophys and what not... Torres never was better afterwards, Suarez is doing fine, but we are doing fine now as well with lot´s of to look forward to with the likes of Can, Moreno, Markovic, Sterling, Ibe....etc. who are all just kids but with massive potential.

great examples of what you say (not...)

both went out for other than wages..to win trophys and what not... Torres never was better afterwards, Suarez is doing fine, but we are doing fine now as well with lot´s of to look forward to with the likes of Can, Moreno, Markovic, Sterling, Ibe....etc. who are all just kids but with massive potential.

"Both left to win trophies"

Exactly, they used Liverpool as a stepping stone.

I think you are missing the point here too. All I said was that if Liverpool want, let's say, Pjanic - and then Man City also take an interest, then Pjanic will join City, not Liverpool. Liverpool cannot compete with ManU, City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid etc.

Liverpool as a club are that tier below them clubs now and have been for a long time.

Liverpool will also lose talent like Sterling to the likes of Chelsea sooner or later as well - better wages and the chance of winning silverware every season.

Last edited:
I think Liverpool is still attractive with its fan base and history. But to most players today, what attracts them more is trophies and money. So Liverpool needs to look at the second tier of players who may use Liverpool as a stepping stone, but then use these players to consistently perform to bring themselves up to that level. Liverpool can still provide that history and sense of belonging, but most importantly, that chance to shine and minutes to play. If they can win, then these people may not leave so quickly when City or Chelsea come calling. They should use these opportunities to get themselves championships and them people will stay. They have a lot more chance than Everton or Newcastle to sign these players and while they may lose out on the biggest names, its those diamonds in the rough that they need to find and bring them up to that level.

And that all depends on the scouts that they hire.

I think Liverpool is still attractive with its fan base and history.

I disagree.

Liverpool as a club compared to the likes of Chelsea and Man City isn't attractive for the very best players.

It's the same with Arsenal - we have only been able to attract Ozil and Sanzhez in recent years, apart from them, we have had to sell our world class players to Man City or Barcelona.

The history and fan base won't mean anything to the modern day football star. And Chelsea and Man City are the ones making football history now, not Liverpool.

Most modern day football players won't have even seen Liverpool win the league.

I disagree.

Liverpool as a club compared to the likes of Chelsea and Man City isn't attractive for the very best players.

It's the same with Arsenal - we have only been able to attract Ozil and Sanzhez in recent years, apart from them, we have had to sell our world class players to Man City or Barcelona.

The history and fan base won't mean anything to the modern day football star. And Chelsea and Man City are the ones making football history now, not Liverpool.

Most modern day football players won't have even seen Liverpool win the league.

Agreed.

Leeds United, Wolves etc were once giant clubs and historically so, still are and while that means so much to fans, it means nothing to players.

Time moves on. Liverpool are no longer an elite club with global pulling power.

Had Liverpool won the league last season. Then managed to somehow keep Suarez. Then continued in the champions league this season up to the knock-out rounds and got to at least the semi finals, and still been competing for the league title this season, then maybe we could consider Liverpool somewhat returning to a position of power and attract equally to the likes of Chelsea, City and United.

True, maybe I am coming from a pure fan perspective and placing footballers in our mindsets when they're more focused on getting the most $$ or championships. But as I said earlier, this doesn't stop them from getting quality second tier guys to build on and move back up. Not many have heard of Sturridge, Can, before and if they can grow to be formidable and place liverpool higher up in the standings on a more constant basis, then it can help attract other growing stars to come and build upon.

Just never try to get the top tier guys and build a team rather than a star...But that requires excellent scouts and a great manager to do.

Don't understand what's Henderson thinking. There is one thing Mario Balotelli knows how to do and that's scoring goals from set pieces. If he is on the pitch and Gerrard is not in it, Balotelli should be the one to take the penaltis and free kicks.

Yeh i don't get any of this bollocks, why does Henderson being vice-captain suddenly make him the set-piece taker? Balotelli is famous for being good from the spot, Henderson isn't. It makes sense that Balotelli would take the penalty, in the exact same way that if Rickie Lambert were on the pitch i'd have expected him to take it.

There were 5 minutes left and we needed the win, you want the best man for the job to take it, that was Balotelli.

The manager picks the penalty takers, so it's his fault to put Hendo ahead of Balotelli.
Gerrard should have kept quiet in the ITV studio, I'm actually amazed that he commentated on his own
team while he is still a player in the squad.
Again, poor management.

Back
Top Bottom