Liverpool Thread

Not sure we would notice, they are both hopeless at organising a defense and choosing a decent defensive midfielder ( playing Gerrard and Lucas, both slow).

What a waste.
I can understand that we can't play the same team in 3 days.
But Gerrard is once again the problem, he cannot play with Lucas in the middle.
The reason we have Lucas is to shield the defence, so then we need a more dynamic presence in midfield
which is Henderson, so then to shift him to right wing back is madness just to accomodate Gerrard.

Rodgers has the balls to drop Balotelli, Lovren and others,
but dropping Gerrard is too hard for him.
For that we need a bigger-name manager.

Yep, when I saw the team I thought it would be poor. The pressing, movement and connection to the front 4 was again missing today. Lucas wont do it, Gerrard cant do it. And Henderson is too slow to help Can defensively.

He's had a great career with Liverpool, I would have loved to see him lift the EPL trophy last season.
But I guess with the way things have gone this season, and his playing time being reduced,
I'm sure he made the right decision to go to the MLS. He can play there for 2-3 years more.

I hope we can win the Capital One Cup to give him a great sendoff !

so our captain is leaving after this season....more of a motivation to win something :(

it will be an end of an era, there are no words to describe how much he did for us.. he won it all, except the most important trophy for LFC supporter...last season it must have destroyed him, maybe his faith to ever win it...but for most of his career he was sorounded by no superstars like other players in PL and bleed for this club on pitch....maybe if he moved to Chelsea in 2005 he would have won multiple trophys but he stayed loayal and therefore he will be legend forever in my opinion... there will never be a second Gerrard, for me up there with the best talents PL ever produced.

YNWA Stevie, good luck in your new future club, WHATEVER CLUB IT WILL BE. :(

Never pictured Gerrard on another shirt.

Always thought that he would end up his career at Liverpool FC, being one of the last 'one-club' type players, along with the Maldini's, Totti's, Puyol's and Xavi's of the world.

A sad day for football.

yes..sad indeed for all true Liverpool supporters... but the words about manager light my spirit...

i can´t imagine Gerrard in other shirt as well, but once he moves to MLS, i will definetly wish him well...

he is a true hero and legend of this club and nothing can change that.

Gerrard - 4 goals in 2 games.
I think we will see him playing a lot more with freedom now that he said he is leaving.
I hope we win a trophy or two, it would be fantastic.

Interesting article from Carragher who seems to blame the Liverpool hierarchy of not doing
enough to keep Gerrard at the club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...feel-wanted-possibly-allow-captain-leave.html

Also interesting that Rodgers came out for the first time I think, where he had something critical
to say about the Transfer policy of buying youngsters instead of established players.

What's the common factor? FSG probably did not want to keep Gerrard long term
given his old age and did not rush to give him a good contract, so he decided to leave.

Getting sick of the hypocrisy all over the internet about Gerrard. He has shot himself in the foot IMO by coming out and whinging the way he has. He's given three completely different reasons for leaving now, people are focusing on just one, so lets clarify...

1. The club didn't offer him a new contract the second he'd retired from England, if they had he would have signed it. - Would you Steven? Really? Why does it matter when it was offered anyway?

2. He retired from the England team so he could focus on Liverpool, yet he's now realised he won't be playing every week and will be rested, he doesn't want that because he thinks he's still fit enough to play every week. - So you're leaving because the manager doesn't want to play you in every game regardless of form? Because whenever you've been dropped this season the midfield has actually played much better, therefore justifying the managers decision. Do you feel you should start every game regardless of form? So which is it, the timing of the deal or the lack of a guarantee of game time?

3. He said he wanted to move abroad so that there'd be no "what if?" when he retired and the timing is right for him to do it while he can still offer something - So, which part of this suggests you would have signed a new deal?

People are all over twitter only focusing on "If they'd offered me the deal last year i'd have signed it" which IMO he has proven to be bollocks with the other two points. He basically wanted to play in every game (or at least start most) and when he realised that wasn't happening he's decided he's off. Remember when Suarez left or when Torres left and all the same people on twitter loved throwing around the line "nobody is bigger than the club!" Why does that no longer matter when it's Gerrard?

Don't get me wrong here, I love Steven Gerrard, he's probably the best Liverpool player of all time, or at least top 3. But he's gone about this the wrong way I feel.

it would be a no brainer for him to not accept LA Galaxy terms...

he knows it is a fantastic deal, combined with the fact he doesn´t have future anymore at the club he decieded..

i also think the sentiment could be smaller, in fact i wish him good luck in Galaxy and the fact he announced it didn´t surprised me... we all knew that he isn´t what he was before + the team need to look in future with players that can perform better without him in midfield imo.

He will be missed, but there is time to move on now.

Yes, I hope all this stuff about Gerrard ends.
Ok, he's going and he will be missed, but the media and people like Carragher, etc need to move on....

It is needless distraction because we need to start winning more games to have any chance of top-4
and a trophy this season

Getting sick of the hypocrisy all over the internet about Gerrard. He has shot himself in the foot IMO by coming out and whinging the way he has. He's given three completely different reasons for leaving now, people are focusing on just one, so lets clarify...

1. The club didn't offer him a new contract the second he'd retired from England, if they had he would have signed it. - Would you Steven? Really? Why does it matter when it was offered anyway?

2. He retired from the England team so he could focus on Liverpool, yet he's now realised he won't be playing every week and will be rested, he doesn't want that because he thinks he's still fit enough to play every week. - So you're leaving because the manager doesn't want to play you in every game regardless of form? Because whenever you've been dropped this season the midfield has actually played much better, therefore justifying the managers decision. Do you feel you should start every game regardless of form? So which is it, the timing of the deal or the lack of a guarantee of game time?

3. He said he wanted to move abroad so that there'd be no "what if?" when he retired and the timing is right for him to do it while he can still offer something - So, which part of this suggests you would have signed a new deal?

People are all over twitter only focusing on "If they'd offered me the deal last year i'd have signed it" which IMO he has proven to be bollocks with the other two points. He basically wanted to play in every game (or at least start most) and when he realised that wasn't happening he's decided he's off. Remember when Suarez left or when Torres left and all the same people on twitter loved throwing around the line "nobody is bigger than the club!" Why does that no longer matter when it's Gerrard?

Don't get me wrong here, I love Steven Gerrard, he's probably the best Liverpool player of all time, or at least top 3. But he's gone about this the wrong way I feel.

This ^^^

Tbh Im not sure there is much too it all really. Cant see much wrong with the statements, although with the media it would be better to not say anything. How I have read it is like this;

Gerrard retired from internationals so he could focus on Liverpool with the expectation that that would mean he could stay fit enough to play every game. And with that expectation he would have signed another contract.

In november Rodgers discussed resting him more, which he said came earlier then he expected. And really he just wants to play as much as possible so he has decided to step down a level so he can continue to do that.

Not much to it for me, people are just focussing on certain elements to place blame on either side. If you strip away all the media nonsense generated by others I cant see much wrong.

Priceless.

10919006_1284193728287507_6911968908159522939_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom