Liverpool Thread

Torres back to Liverpool ?

Please don't let him come back to BPL. I don't want him to be more embarrassed.

Edit: Only way to make this season a little bit better than worst is to bring Suarez back and get the in-form Torres(2007-2009) and Sturridge recover. They can possibly play 4-3-3 and that attacking force would probably be the best in BPL. But really unlikely of something like that would be happening ever.

Last edited:
From the excellent analysis from Neville and Carragher, it is obvious that this is a coaching problem
and not a player problem.

Rodgers does not know how to get teams to defend, it's as simple as that.
He is great in getting high-pressing and counter-attacks but without our main strikers his
gameplan has backfired.

We need a more experienced coach, there is no getting away from this.
Rodgers was great last season, but i can't see him repeat that feat unless we get some terrific attacking players.
I agree with you and there is another structural thing that the owners are going to have to sort out sooner rather than later. Right now, we have a setup in which, fortunately, Rodgers can` t impose all of his transfer targets (otherwise we would have also ended with players like Ashley Williams and Bertrand) because if the other members of the committee agree they can veto his targets. At the same way, the other members of the commite which in my opinion are much more prepared than Rodgers to define which players to buy can` t impose they targets because Rodgers alone can vete them.
This will all work in theory since, since a collective interdisciplinary decision is more likely to be better than an individual decision, but the problem is that Rodgers just doesn` t play the players that were initially targets of other members rather than him.
Look at the record, he wasted and forced out a great midfielder like Sahin in his first season. He is going to do the same with a very good defender like Sakho. And this season he is not giving any chances to Can and Markovic.

I can see why Rodgers is not going to play Lambert or Balotelli any time soon.
He wants to get back to the aggressive high-pressing game and that is what he tried against United
and in the Bournemouth game.

Sterling, Lallana, Markovic were excellent, but I'm not sure this will be good enough for the Premier League
matches where we need a bit more quality up front.

this trio its really good add Sturridge to this and we might start wining games just like last season

Sterling its great upfront , he's movements are amazing watch last 2 games vs united and last night vs Bournemouth he find himself in good possision to score many times all he need its improve his finishing and he could start scoring as many goals as Sturridge last season.

glad to see Sakho back in team I hope he start next game and if BR stays than we need a special coach for defenders as he has no clue how to fix this.

Sterling is only 20, but Rodgers really loves to put the pressure on doesn't he?
Comparing Sterling to Alexis Sanchez who is one of the best players from South America.

Sterling has great talent, but I hope he doesn't get hammered when he keeps missing those chances.
We need Sturridge or a new striker in January because I can't see Borini or Balotelli staying for too long.

Markovic, Lallana and Sterling were very good, but what kind of frankestein are we playing ?. Henderson and Markovic was wingbacks ? Lallana and Coutinho behind the striker and Sterling as the only striker ?
Bournemouth missed a lot of chances we could've just as easily draw yesterday.

10850064_896532707047413_9117294532282391228_n.jpg

On paper the worst Liverpool v Arsenal fixture I can remember, some really poor players except for Sterling and Sanchez.

Good luck today Liverpool but I hope we bring home the 3 points as last season was a shocker for us!!

Useless. How fed up must you be being a Liverpool attacking player....

Work your arse off for 45min and the first time the defense needs to do anything you concede.

Haha, was thinking the same thing when I saw it.

As for Arsenals second goal, completely unnecessary loss of possession from Gerrard. Similar to the Utd match, overall play is better from Liverpool but a lack of a striker and a shambolic defense means its worth very little.

Gerrard gave away both goals , first stupid foul on Sanchez than lost ball and we get a goal , also he was marking Girud in beggining and lost it , in General Gerrard has bean our worst player today so many balls lost and many poor decision to shot on goal.

Markovic was good so was Sakho and Sterling

so many chances created and very poor finishing as "always"

but then Gerrard is probably the only deep lying player you have you has a good pass on him.
I bet your defenders would look even more edgy in possession without him there

Apparently the pitch at Anfield is terrible:

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to BBC Sport: "There's no doubt we deserved to win the game, our performance level was outstanding. Our performance today was better then when we won here last year 5-1. We had total domination of the first half, and 1-0 was probably about right. But then we gave away a disappointing goal right on half-time, and that can leave you a bit deflated.

"In the second half we continued to press, probe and create, and then all of a sudden we gave away a poor goal. There's no problem with our organisation. It is the decision making that can be our problem, and you cannot make poor decisions if you are going to keep clean sheets. But even down to 10 men we kept penetrating and the goal at the end was the very least we deserved, for the character we showed."

"It was an outstanding performance, our passing and movement on the pitch, which is terrible, was superb.

"We deserved to be one up at half-time and I don't think it was a free-kick in the build-up to their second. Alexis Sanchez dived for me and the referee bought it, but we have to defend better. We lost three duels and we need to win the first one.

"I'm delighted with our performances this week against Manchester United, Bournemouth and Arsenal, it shows we are getting back to where we are.

"At half-time we asked for more of the same with the same movement and then we showed great character to fight back from 2-1 down with 10 men.

"I don't think before this week we have been close to that level of speed and thought. You have to be creative as a coach to find a system that brings you back to that."

He has to say whatever he can his job is on the line. Wenger goes on about last season we came and got beaten babdly. You can`t compare last season to make your case . Both can look for excuses ,but Liverpool should of won. If, Arsenal would of won...Wenger would be dripping[BEBO] his load all over on the media. [AW quoting]I won`t buy no one in the window...My cox drips still.

Brendan Rodgers is like Wenger, totally out of his depth. Neither of them know how to set up a defensive unit.

Rodgers has spent 200 million in 3 years and Liverpool sit in TENTH PLACE in the league.

Really bad. I feel for you guys as we in same boat. A total and utter FAKE in charge.

FSG are not sentimental.
They sacked Dalglish after he spent huge money and finished 7/8th and won the Carling Cup.
If Rodgers does not get Liverpool into the top-4 after spending so much money, he may well be gone.

We have to get a good striker in the Jan window and hope that Sturridge is fully fit.
Otherwise forget about top-4 and bye-bye Rodgers

Back
Top Bottom