Liverpool Thread

Rodgers punched above his weight last seaosn, getting found out now.

Awful signings, he spent too much money on dross.

I feel for Pool because you were a joy to watch last season.

Rodgers wont be at Liverpool next season, quote me on that.

Midtable manager managing a big club - it never ends well: See David Moyes.

Gerd your love for Mingolet is strange - he's a bang average goalie and everyone in football world knows it.

League table will read:

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal

End of season and Wenger will get another 50 year contract despite us never even getting near the CL final.

Depressing times, we need a good Liverpool team, its better for the league. Just hope Spurs stay crap though, its not all bad!

you're to old for say this ffs , didn't even watch the match just com here to make Mignolet angel , Mignolet its shite get over it wish he was as good as Neuer but he's just avarage GK.
Whoa whoa whoa, learn some respect! That first part is one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

He's entitled to an opinion just as much as you are, so cut the crap already.

Last edited:
you're to old for say this ffs , didn't even watch the match just com here to make Mignolet angel , Mignolet its shite get over it wish he was as good as Neuer but he's just avarage GK.

What a classy response, congratulations.

Did i ever Saïd that Mignolets replacement made a mistake ? Nope. But i was being sarcastisch becausecthe usual scapegoat was on the benchmark and Liverpool's defense was as clumsy as ever.

A couple of Posts ago Markovic was being criticized in this thread. He dame in very well and clearly showed promise.

we created chances today, but have seriously nobody to finish, and with defence like that, IF Rodgers doesn´t fix it asap, he will get the sack for it.... it is just laughable...

De Gea was phenomenal again for United... he is the best in world for me atm.

agreed, win is down to De Gea for me, both defenses we're shocking at times today, had it finished 3-3 we couldnt have had any complaints.

lfc played the better football for most parts, just looked a bit toothless upfront.

Did i ever Saïd that Mignolets replacement made a mistake ? Nope. But i was being sarcastisch becausecthe usual scapegoat was on the benchmark and Liverpool's defense was as clumsy as ever.

A couple of Posts ago Markovic was being criticized in this thread. He dame in very well and clearly showed promise.

Mignolet got blamed by some for goal against Leicester the other week when it hit the post and came back and hit him in the head! Is he great? Not at all but people need to give it a rest as it's boring making him a scapegoat all the time.

Whoa whoa whoa, learn some respect! That first part is one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

He's entitled to an opinion just as much as you are, so cut the crap already.

he did a comment of 10 years old kid thats all, doesn't have to do anything with his real age or something.

problem is Mignolet and defenders in many games , sometimes its one more than other but its always bettween this 2 , Manchester utd defenders aren't all that great but a great GK made the difference.

about Markovic I think he need some time I like him , also Moreno its young and I think will turn out to be good Lallana haven't bean all that bad but for all of them we overpay and others (like Lovren) its where we fucked up BIG TIME.

I blame our coach for all this situation , fucked up with Pepe and Agger , now Sakho and Lucas too seems and bought some garbage.

Rodgers dropped his strikers so that he can proceed with the high-pressing game using Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho
which was a decent idea but none of them are goal-scorers.
So it's no use pressing if you don't have anyone to score goals from the chances.

Their first goal was a mistake, we had 2 players ganging up on Valencia leaving a huge gaping hole on the left
and once he got past Moreno, he had enough time to pick Rooney who was not being tracked by the Liverpool midfield.

2nd goal - offside

3rd goal - Lovren hacks the clearance and RVP gets an easy shot. Great counter by United though

Overall, I don't think we did anything to get a result.
Bottom line is that if we don't score goals and keep making defensive mistakes then we will lose games.
Rodgers + FSG had the entire summer to replace Suarez, and they failed.
We've had 2 seasons to correct the defensive mistakes and yet we're not good defensively.

It's hard being a Liverpool supporter at the moment.
We will not get into the top-4, no way it will happen.
We will get knocked out of the Europa by facing the first decent team.
No way we will win the Capital One cup either.

Rodgers will be gone, we need someone more experienced and big-name
to attract better players.
We need to stop spending money on potential
and need to splash out otherwise there will be no CL and no money, just mid-table to look forward to.

Last edited:
Big problem with the way LFC played today was gambling so heavily on the first 15/20 minutes. The way they pressed is simply impossible to keep up for more than that, and as effective as it was (almost all chances came from forcing a United passing error in our half) if you're not 2-0 up or so after that first press, you're too knackered to do much for the rest of the half.

Lallana in particular was out on his feet from about the 30th minute til half time, similar with Coutinho, who stopped pressing and left Rooney for his goal.

It's an amazing tactic in short bursts, and served Pool incredibly well last year, but I don't think you can expect that to work for a whole match.

Mario's such a funny one. Should have scored 2 and been sent off in his first 10 minutes on the pitch. Also faked injury, did an unnecesarry Rabona through ball and walked around aimlessly. He's becoming a parody of himself!

we should go for Ajax coach De Boer, i won´t even mention others, couse there is no chance they would come here...

Rodgers i´m affraid don´t know what to do with the defence + prefering some players over others, despite them being in form will be one of the reasons for his sacking.

we should go for Ajax coach De Boer, i won´t even mention others, couse there is no chance they would come here...

Rodgers i´m affraid don´t know what to do with the defence + prefering some players over others, despite them being in form will be one of the reasons for his sacking.

I don't think Frank is the right manager for liverpool atm
you should give Brendan more time; he'll certainly turn things around after xmas

it is also the strategy of our owners to buy potential players and players like Lambert who can play right now, but are cheap...we end up with potential players who will struggle like Markovic etc..only few Rodgers transfers were good..

our scouts need to improve...we can´t afford TOP players even if we play CL, as we could see in summer, being linked with top players who just don´t want to move to us... we need to build stars from unknow or potential players who are CHEAP, not spunk 20 milions on some overhyped players and then being in this situation we are now if they fail...
Markovic is a real talent. If Rodgers wasn't obsessed with Sterling, he would have given him more opportunities.

don´t know... untill now i can´t see any improvement in defence and this is the key to win matches... we had no perfect defence last year either, it isn´t talk about because we overscored everyone... with in form one of best strikers in world last season...

Rodgers playes Lovren despite him being a DISASTER of a buy and doesn´t play some other players...this is what pisses me off mostly...

To think that we paid 20M for a defender and that defender was Lovren is incredible. Everyone that pushed for that transfer should be sacked.

Markovic is a real talent.
Agree with this.

Despite the disaster of a result, the difference was the finishing. Would love to know how Borini can't get a game and the not even bench material (apparently) Suso. Some things are a mystery.

As someone said, it could have been 3-3 and the difference was the finishing.

don´t know... untill now i can´t see any improvement in defence and this is the key to win matches... we had no perfect defence last year either, it isn´t talk about because we overscored everyone... with in form one of best strikers in world last season...

Rodgers playes Lovren despite him being a DISASTER of a buy and doesn´t play some other players...this is what pisses me off mostly...

Our attack was the best form of defence because it made other teams scared to death of facing Suarez+Sturridge+Sterling with their high pressing and fast attacks.
Our midfield was not that great and neither was our defence.
But now our attack has gone, so that exposes our midfield and defence.

So for me, the decision not to have a good plan of replacing Suarez is the most ridiculous
decision. They gambled on Sturridge being the main man, but you can't just remove one
of the world's best strikers especially Suarez who was more than just a goalscorer.
He created havoc and space for Sturridge and Sterling to take advantage.
He created goals for others with his direct assists.

We have bought 5 other players who are not even anywhere close to Suarez.

Now that Sturridge is out, our attack is mid-table standards, and same for the rest of the team.

This is a big balls-up by Rodgers + Transfer-Committee + FSG. They are all guilty of not replacing Suarez.

yeah..i don´t realy care about the EL tbh...rather i would want to see us push for the 4th place in league somehow...

Gerrard's having flashbacks right about now

Yeah you d figure that moment last season will likely haunt him til he hangs up his boots and then some. Gerrard was completely invisible yesterday, save for that one delicious pass into the box to.. Can't even remember who. Someone with a great first touch could've turned that into a highlight reel goal.

Europa League is not easy to win at all.
If we don't have a decent pair of strikers by February, I suspect Besiktas can knock us out.

I'd prefer 4th any day in the league, but as you say it may be tough this year given the # of teams
that are mid-table and can beat anyone.

Europa League is not easy to win at all.
If we don't have a decent pair of strikers by February, I suspect Besiktas can knock us out.

I'd prefer 4th any day in the league, but as you say it may be tough this year given the # of teams
that are mid-table and can beat anyone.
Really ? The last non milk cup we've won was the FA Cup 8 years ago.

What really happened to Liverpool?

Luis Suarez and a fit Sturridge. Remember, even when Liverpool were doing well last season, they were still leaking goals for fun.

With Suarez you had teams sitting deeper, scared of Liverpool. Now no-one is afraid of them with immobile, slow players like Balotelli and Lambert.

Suarez would cause gaps in opposition defence which created space for Sterling and Sturridge. A joy to watch.

Rodgers went against EVERYTHING he stood for in bringing in Lambert and Balotelli. Remember, BR has said himself that he has FINAL SAY on transfers, so its not like he can even blame a DoF (Director of Football) like AVB could at Spurs.

Duncan Castles lets rip on Liverpool and their transfer strategy:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sfer-committee-has-been-a-spectacular-failure

Brendan Rodgers has spent £215 million since being at Liverpool. Let that sink in a minute - TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN MILLION QUID.

Liverpool FC can't play the "But but but we haven't got much money" card anymore. They have very good owners now which support their manager with lots of money.

Its not FSG fault that BR signs duffers and is awful in the market.

He has to go IMO. If I was a Liverpool supporter, I'd do everything to get him out and get Rafa Benitez back. He's an underrated, excellent manager. I would have him at Arsenal in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
From the excellent analysis from Neville and Carragher, it is obvious that this is a coaching problem
and not a player problem.

Rodgers does not know how to get teams to defend, it's as simple as that.
He is great in getting high-pressing and counter-attacks but without our main strikers his
gameplan has backfired.

We need a more experienced coach, there is no getting away from this.
Rodgers was great last season, but i can't see him repeat that feat unless we get some terrific attacking players.

Back
Top Bottom