Liverpool Thread

glad about the three points today, season is all but over for us..the league is very tight... hope we build on this win and sort ourselfs out.

So how is your season over? like you pointed out the league is very tight, your only 5 points behind us in 4th place.

Glad to see a win.
It will be tough to get back into top-4.

Our only aim should be to stabilize our team and that is achievable
if we try to be a bit more defensive by playing Lucas and Toure
and aim for clean sheets and 1:0 wins

Lambert is a bit better than Balotelli in leading the attack.
Once Sturridge comes back, we can then try to be a bit more expansive
Hope ManU and Arsenal don't get too strong by then :)

Yes!!! Another win.
Great to see Lucas and Toure being chosen on merit.
Gerrard is always better in an attacking role.

Positive result, despite not playing too well, but the confidence is all that matters now
till Sturridge comes back

Martin Odegaard is at Melwood

1549394_887683251265692_6136326330304810847_n.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-teenage-prodigy-weighs-up-his-next-move.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

Thats how you earn money as an owner......an interest free loan that will be payed back after 5,5 years. And after that point your club is worth 120mil more with another 200mil extra in earnings over a 10 year period. So for a measly 35-40mil investment (by forfitting the interest on the loan) you would have made about 80mil directly after the 5,5 years and another 120mil or so sell on value.

Well fought by LFC, as long as not a L I'm not that dissapointed, 3 clean sheets in a row, so Toure's a better partner for Skrtel then Sakho and Lovren? At least for now.

Disappointing to be honest, a 0:0 home draw was mainly due to lack of a creative spark.
It's not as if their goalkeeper was saving many shots.

But at the moment, this was the least important game of the week, so I can imagine the players keeping one eye for those upcoming matches.

I hope we beat Basle because that will really help us to go to United with our tails up.

But at the moment, this was the least important game of the week, so I can imagine the players keeping one eye for those upcoming matches.

I hope we beat Basle because that will really help us to go to United with our tails up.

I always find this such a stupid thought process that players seemingly have, somewhat a paradox. Sunderland is the important league match, not Utd. Beating all the teams you are better than is how you win leagues. Look at Chelsea last season, easily the strongest in the top team mini league....but it meant sod all. Utd won the league a few seasons ago whilst being bottom of the top 4 mini league.

The match ups against your 3 or 4 competitors often dont make a difference. Only if you cant beat the lesser lights, which usually happens because you are thinking about the other match...

What is Rodgers on about with "writing themselves in to club folklore"?! Really? Qualifiying from a standard group in the CL is something people will talk about for generations to come?! Winning the thing will be something to talk about.....nothing else!

Is he starting to be found out

Recently saying gerrard best player in premiership but didn't include him in the best 11 on MOTD five weeks prior to joining liverpool.

Suppose he could say since he worked with him it changed his mind.

Maybe not tonight but against Utd, Mario is your man. It's the kind of game he tends to do well in. Infact the last time he played at OT was his 'why always me' performance where he was instrumental.

Shocking more like. Amazing how many passes are being played to short. They lost possesion from the goalie within 3 passes to concede the goal FFS!

Terrible. I havent seen Liverpool for a few matches....should have continued that run!

It's all set up for the Narrative.

93rd minute, when all hope is lost, the messiah, the risen-Angel of the northish Stevie G will take Anfield home with a wunderstrike in Basel.

Honestly, we should feel blessed here in England with the likes of Dowd. CL refs are the worst of the worst.

Last edited:
Oh well, great effort with 10 men but didnt deserve to qualify. Too many players had a shocker. Did Johnson sleep with Lucas' wife or something? The amount of poor passes between those two was unbelievable.

Our season is over, barring the Capital One Cup.
What a shambolic season, this has been worse than 2 years ago, at least then we were playing well and losing.
Rodgers has to go, but I hope it's not AVB

Back
Top Bottom