Liverpool Thread

I doubt it, that Henry will sack Brenden ...although Klopp`s statement about coaching in UK does no favours.
Can't see how we would be able to attract one of the top 3 managers in the world. Brendan is not going to get sacked during the season, but if come June we finish midtable playing nothing like we 've so far, he will get sacked.
The amount we have gone backwards this season is unbelievable. During Brendan's first season you could always be optimistic because we weren't getting the results but the performances were good, we knew what we played and you could see that in the long term we were going to start getting the results. Now, there is nothing that suggests that. We don't play nothing and Brendan keeps changing everything which doesn't help and it's becoming more and more clear that the players that he bought (the trio for Southampton) haven't got the level to play here and were awfully overpriced.

All of Rodger's signings
article-2847159-2376D01600000578-793_964x385.jpg

Looks good once you take out the loans, though if we believe speculation one could argue that the best buys were the ones made by the sport science guys.

he wanted Alexis, the club was near singing him, but the player choose London.

that is it with Liverpool...they need to make top players want to come to the town and live there, not just football wise..

we bid more than Arsenal for him...yet he wanted to go to London..

Rodgers needs to sort out our defence...what he did with Sakho is a disasteur not playing him... and buying Lovren... that could be reason for his sacking ultimately if he doesn´t sort the defence...

hope we somehow get a top GK in January with a real DM not Gerrard....we should cut our loses on Lovren as well, he is realy the worst defender we have now, worse than Skrtel and i want Skrtel only as a squad player tbh.

And when we were saying that Skrtel was not good enough, you didn't agree.
You do have a very good keeper, just give him confidence and stop making him a scapegoat.

The fans are part of the problem.

You guys were laughing with Spurs (and so was Rodgers), But Liverpool did a Spurs. And one of Spurs' problems are the fans' expectations and their fixation with Arsenal (man Utd anyone ?).

And when we were saying that Skrtel was not good enough, you didn't agree.
You do have a very good keeper, just give him confidence and stop making him a scapegoat.

The fans are part of the problem.

You guys were laughing with Spurs (and so was Rodgers), But Liverpool did a Spurs. And one of Spurs' problems are the fans' expectations and their fixation with Arsenal (man Utd anyone ?).

good enough for what... playing under all four managers since Rafa all the time proves he is good enough, but he was best with Carragher playing alongside him, we were two times second place in PL with him in defence..

he makes mistakes, but with a defence without partnership since Carra retired, we are much weaker... he should have been sold when City wanted him... imo. now he will stay in LFC for longer i think.. i don´t mind, but we need solid partnership, Sakho + someone who is not Lovren ...

about Mignolet, i don´t know...first season he was great, now he makes same mistakes as Reina.. but for me he seems less organiser of the defence... wich Reina was

he wanted Alexis, the club was near singing him, but the player choose London.

that is it with Liverpool...they need to make top players want to come to the town and live there, not just football wise..

we bid more than Arsenal for him...yet he wanted to go to London..

Again with this, I am pretty sure that it wasnt the l only reason he came to us was because we are in London (in fact. Inam sure it was down his list of priorities), did Alexis ever say anything like this?

The only person I heard say this was Rodgers to try and justify the failure to buy him and then all the supporters trying to kid themselves that the only reason Alexis would want to go to Arsenal is due to the fact our team plays in London.

This is the sort of arrogance from Liverpool supporters that I just really hate.

Maybe Alexis is intelligent and like the rest of the world (apart from Liverpool supporters) worked out that your defence was shit, Suarez was leaving, you were buying mid table players, you were going to be in the champs league this season and not only concentrating on the league etc etc

Along with the fact that Arsenal just won the FA cup, have a stable team, a manager that has actually had success, none of our top players leaving, great stadium, internal financial restrictions lifting, and pretty much gauranteed champions league football year on year (touch wood).

Anyway keep thinking that players want to choose Arsenal over Liverpool just because they are in London, but you are only deluding yourself.

Wow, you overreact there... i never said that players want to choose Arsenal over Liverpool just because they are in London...

I have red that Barcelona said our bid was biger than Arsenals, now i´m not saying it is only because of that, but London is a major factor for players who want perhaps out field better lifestyle...

about the other facts, Arsenal are in deep shit this season as much as Liverpool so far... or closely.. about the rest you said, you are right, i however never said anything about your club that was oposite...not sure why you write these things...

The problem is not Mignolet. He is not a top top keeper but thinking that replacing him would solve our problems is deluding ourselves. That's exactly what Brendan did this season. For some bizarre reason he thought that replacing Sakho with Lovren would solve our defensive problems and not only Lovren is a much worse defender than Sakho, but the problem is structural.

Sakho is shit. Not sure why people are saying Sakho + ???
Skrtel Makes mistakes but I'd rather him out of any of the Centre backs at the club now. The others are useless..

we are all frustrated and instead of waiting it out we point fingers...this eases our frustration a bit.Look at Newsc they were in dire straights and seem to break apart towards the better half of the table.

Wow, you overreact there... i never said that players want to choose Arsenal over Liverpool just because they are in London...

I have red that Barcelona said our bid was biger than Arsenals, now i´m not saying it is only because of that, but London is a major factor for players who want perhaps out field better lifestyle...

about the other facts, Arsenal are in deep shit this season as much as Liverpool so far... or closely.. about the rest you said, you are right, i however never said anything about your club that was oposite...not sure why you write these things...

Your whole post was about London and Liverpool and you implied greatly by the wording of the whole post that is why Alexis didn't go to Liverpool and how Liverpool as an area needs to be a more attractive area to get players like alexis.

Your post was somehow to justify that Rodgers actually was trying to buy better players but because of things out of his control (like Liverpool not being based in London) that is why ihe didn't succeed.

I don't think Arsenal are in as deep shit as liverpool, we actually have good defenders that should be back by the second half of the season and out first choice striker and forwards Giroud and walcott coming back. We are also used to playing in champs league and league together etc :PP

And anyway that has nothing to do with my previous post as it was about how Alexis came to his decision to move to Arsenal at the time, not if he could predict the future.

Anyway if your post didn't mean what it looks like it meant (maybe something lost in translation) then I apologise for it, but to me it looks exactly like it is written and I remember you saying something of the same when we bought him and. Liverpool missed out.

He's a donkey! You can't say he's played well. He's shocking with ball at feet. I have a heart attack every time he has the ball.
By no means he is shocking with the ball at his feet. He does dribble, run and pass strangely, but that perception shouldn't disturb your judgment.

we have a shite GK

He's good. But (and i already said that before Mignolet was even playing for Sunderland, let alone for Liverpool), there seems to be something wrong with your GK staff.

Dudek was one of the best GK's in the world before he went to Liverpool.
Reina was good for a long time, but in his last seasons, he made plenty of mistakes and the same people who want him back now, desperately wanted to get rid of Reina.

Your problem is not the GK, but your defense is very bad for years....

I can remember one Liverpool defender who was above average: Agger.

Carragher was a very, very overrated player...but once you are youth product who comes in the first team in England you are untouchable (look at my own team: Mason, Kane,Naughton they are all youth products and the fans love them, but they are below par, not good enough...the fact is that very few English players are good enough).

Maybe Liverpool has the same disease as Spurs: players become less good once they are at Liverpool, look at Lallana, he was great for Southampton (and don't come with the big club argument, Southampton are as big a club as Liverpool at the moment), but he doesn't perform for Liverpool.

Maybe Lallana needs time like Jordan Henderson. Do you guys remember how most of you reacted towards Henderson during his first season ?

Look at Stuart Downing, he is fantastic for West Ham...

Downing and Lallana are good players, but there is huge pressure playing for Liverpool
a team that almost won the league last year.

There is a huge difference between playing for Southampton or West Ham where there is no expectation apart from being in mid-table,
compared to playing for Liverpool - 5 times European champions, 18 times league champions who were one of the top european teams only 6 years ago.
Sure they are nowhere near Chelsea, ManCity, but there is pressure when playing for Liverpool.
You don't see Chelsea and Man City buying players from Aston Villa or southampton.
Liverpool should have tried to sign a bit more established players (more quality than quantity)

Liverpool are expected to be in the top-4, that is why Rafa Benitez, Kenny Dalglish got sacked...and why Rodgers will also go if he fails to get top-4 after spending so much money.

He's good. But (and i already said that before Mignolet was even playing for Sunderland, let alone for Liverpool), there seems to be something wrong with your GK staff.

Dudek was one of the best GK's in the world before he went to Liverpool.
Reina was good for a long time, but in his last seasons, he made plenty of mistakes and the same people who want him back now, desperately wanted to get rid of Reina.

Your problem is not the GK, but your defense is very bad for years....

I can remember one Liverpool defender who was above average: Agger.

Carragher was a very, very overrated player...but once you are youth product who comes in the first team in England you are untouchable (look at my own team: Mason, Kane,Naughton they are all youth products and the fans love them, but they are below par, not good enough...the fact is that very few English players are good enough).

Maybe Liverpool has the same disease as Spurs: players become less good once they are at Liverpool, look at Lallana, he was great for Southampton (and don't come with the big club argument, Southampton are as big a club as Liverpool at the moment), but he doesn't perform for Liverpool.

Maybe Lallana needs time like Jordan Henderson. Do you guys remember how most of you reacted towards Henderson during his first season ?

Look at Stuart Downing, he is fantastic for West Ham...

He was a great proper defender, one we will only very hardly replace anytime soon... he was the leader of LFC defence for many years + a real talent and loayal player as well..saying he was overrated it not true imo, i hope some neutrals will agree...he won trophy´s for Liverpool and is considered rightly a legend.

Mignolet is a wonderful keeper. But you must protect your keeper and the defense in front of him always leaves him exposed and no matter how good you are, it will eventually get to you and confidence lowers. And you can see from Man Utd history (Barthez for example), a poor goalkeeping staff can really destroy a keeper from being one of the best to not knowing what they are doing.

I think the signings this summer was what really wrecked up Liverpool. Instead of building on a great run last year, they do an overhaul and mess up all team chemistry that was grown. That instability is a huge reason why people would rather choose Arsenal (always constantly in the run-up for a title or at least top 4) than Liverpool.

What I've learnt is while the city does have effect on a person's choice of where to play, but it is always the team and winning that speaks the loudest.

He was a great proper defender, one we will only very hardly replace anytime soon... he was the leader of LFC defence for many years + a real talent and loayal player as well..saying he was overrated it not true imo, i hope some neutrals will agree...he won trophy´s for Liverpool and is considered rightly a legend.

Carra was never 'rated' let alone 'overated'!!!
He couldn't play football at all.

What he did do was command and control the defence.
He never shut up!

He would defend by thumping tackles, clearing the ball, hoofing away... If in doubt, boot it kind of philosophy.

Like many players of this type, they aren't appreciated until they're gone. I used to love David Batty yet nobody I know agrees with me!

Without these type of players, teams are softer.
Since Carra's retirement, Liverpool are constantly exposed. He is greatly missed and has obviously not been replaced correctly.

Carragher wasn't overrated by any means. Barely played NT football. He was a great squad player, started as DMF, RB and CB in his career. He was super smart and a great leader and despite lacking in physical and skills attributes. Players like that are always missed and appreciated, not because they are English and England is having a major lack of talent in the last decade or so.

Mignolet is just an average, mid-table keeper. He made a lot of flashy saves, but has major lapses technical and positional-wise to be a LFC-level keeper. Don't know why LFC don't give Valdés a chance. Miles better (but maybe asking too much money).

Sakho is average; Lovren is really bad (he was horrible at Lyon); Sktrel is a bench player; Glenn Johnson no words needed; Flannagan is only a squad player; José Enrique is good; Moreno and Manquillo are too offensive and don't have the physicality yet to play consistent in the EPL. A contender like LFC was last year that let go in 50 goals it’s just atrocious. You need a major overhaul at the back, but getting two young offensive Fullbacks and a player that was bust at a contender team like Lovren was is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe Rodgers shouldn't be a manager (having power to choose who to buy) and be only a coach.

LFC has a lot of young talent, but need to fix their defence first and foremost.

Carragher wasn't overrated by any means. Barely played NT football. He was a great squad player, started as DMF, RB and CB in his career. He was super smart and a great leader and despite lacking in physical and skills attributes. Players like that are always missed and appreciated, not because they are English and England is having a major lack of talent in the last decade or so.

Mignolet is just an average, mid-table keeper. He made a lot of flashy saves, but has major lapses technical and positional-wise to be a LFC-level keeper. Don't know why LFC don't give Valdés a chance. Miles better (but maybe asking too much money).

Sakho is average; Lovren is really bad (he was horrible at Lyon); Sktrel is a bench player; Glenn Johnson no words needed; Flannagan is only a squad player; José Enrique is good; Moreno and Manquillo are too offensive and don't have the physicality yet to play consistent in the EPL. A contender like LFC was last year that let go in 50 goals it’s just atrocious. You need a major overhaul at the back, but getting two young offensive Fullbacks and a player that was bust at a contender team like Lovren was is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe Rodgers shouldn't be a manager (having power to choose who to buy) and be only a coach.

LFC has a lot of young talent, but need to fix their defence first and foremost.

Excellent post.

Mignolet showing his class once again , why dont we play Jones , he cant be worst ffs

1-2 or 2-2 doesn't really matter that much we still have to win vs Basel but its funny how we always take goals in last minutes...

This can't be a real quote, surely, from Lambert:
"We have answered some of our critics about Sunday against Crystal Palace. It was about the win and we almost got it."

Liverpool are crap, everyone knows it.

Rodgers will be gone.
We will not finish in the top-6 and miss out even on the Europa League..
I predict 7th spot like in his first season

We need a manager who can actually recognize good talent and has a more balanced gameplan
rather than just attack without defending.
And when his attack has gone...he has no clue on how to play.
Last year he was lucky to have Suarez and Sturridge on fire and their intense pressing helped him
paper over the defensive cracks.

His idea of improving the defence is throwing big money at potential players, but without
any proper defensive coaching.

The funny thing is that we might still fluke a win against Basel with the home crowd, YNWA, etc...

Last edited:
it is not his fault Sturridge is out more than he should be.. but yeah, none of our prime targets were agreed, even Remy was almost signed, but failded medical...the thing with Balotelli was only a risk, that didn´t payed of...

glad about the three points today, season is all but over for us..the league is very tight... hope we build on this win and sort ourselfs out.

Back
Top Bottom