Liverpool Thread

Chelsea plays weaker vs a weaker opponents . They play a whole lot different vs a top side. Liverpool are a top side I hope they win to shut Mou down.

Suarez, who left Liverpool for Barcelona in the summer, wrote in his autobiography Crossing the Line: "If I had been in Stevie's shoes, I don't know if I would have been able to carry on playing. Emotionally, it must have been very, very hard.
biting for the team is ok though lol. The quote is about the slip Gerrard had giving Chelsea the lead last season. Ultimately losing the title.

Hope this motivates Gerrard n Liverpool . Gerrard has a knack for slip ups tbh. Never forgetten that sloppy back pass to Titi many years ago at Highbury , and the gift to Titi again in France few years earlier. (Can't remember the years 03-06.)

Last edited:
biting for the team is ok though lol Gerrard has a knack for slip ups tbh. Never forgetten that sloppy back pass to Titi many years ago at Highbury , and the gift to Titi again in France few years earlier. (Can't remember the years 03-06.)

well his career defining moment is a dive in istanbul so a slip at anfield carries the theme well into the twilight years of his footballing life.

"This does not fucking slip" Starring Stevie G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26gslXjfjU

mignolet
f_facepalm.gif

well his career defining moment is a dive in istanbul so a slip at anfield carries the theme well into the twilight years of his footballing life.

"This does not fucking slip" Starring Stevie G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26gslXjfjU

:LMAO: this had me in stitches! cheers mate:))

...on the Liverpool lost, how many breaks does Cahill get. He handballs 1.5x a match. Chelsea aren`t cheats just a bunch of cxnts.

Things can only get better when Sturridge comes back.

Emre Can showed why he can become a regular in our team.
The guy is only 20 years old.

We could have sneaked a draw, but it wasn't to be.

today i feel we could have won the game....

first we don´t have an attack with Balotelli, the guy doesn´t strike, doesn´t run...he isn´t good enough.

Johnson can´t defend...why was Coutinho marking Azpilicueta instead of him before the second Chelsea goal?

also why did Rodgers change Can, imo best player on the pitch for us today....?

we are in trouble...

Sturridge will be back, and it will instantly change the way we play.
The funny thing is that inspite of all our problems, we are still within distance of Top-4.

Things will improve once the CL is paused for the winter, and Rodgers gets more time with the new players.
Playing one striker just does not work unless that striker is Sturridge.

Balotelli is not a lone-striker, so it is Rodger's fault for playing him there.

International break comes at the right time, best to get away from Liverpool and all the negativity.
Gives Rodgers some time to think about the players and tactics.
Sturridge should be back.
Hopefully no more injuries to key players.

what about the draws and loses,
The article doesn't mention that, I didnt put the stat together so you'd have to ask the people at the Metro paper.

style of play as well..

Style? lol well that's subjective, I don't remember rodgers receiving too much praise for style in his first season when lfc finished seventh.

So I assume your (surprise) still talking about the famous last season. Is, coming second because you don't know how to set your team out to defend, a style?

This seasons style seems to be about poor transfer choices, poor defending and one injured player.

Rodgers has his main striker injured now.. i think RVP was healthy back when Moyes managed United, as well as Rooney..

RVP appeared approx 25 times last season (incl sub) in a 55 game season.

Rodgers has bought in 2 new strikers and 1 striker returned from a loan spell.

3 strikers = 1000 mins without a goal.

I remember lfc supporters calling Moyes a football genius last year at OT, compared to Rodgers they may have a point.

A discussion between Liverpool and United fans will always be subjective.

Rodgers was never as good as people made him last season, just like he isn't as bad as people think he now is. Moyes is a very manager, he just made the mistake to go to Man Utd at the wrong time. Until now Van Gaal isn't the biggest success either...he got plenty of money and look where United are...But he is forgiven because he is a big name.

All in all manager/coaches are far less important than most people think...They can do much wrong, but i'm not sure if they are very influential in success.

In Belgium Wilmots is considered a hero. I happen to know some people from around our national team. The players are fed up with Wilmots and insiders think that unless the Fa appoint a new coach, this team has had it's best days...

Back
Top Bottom