Liverpool Thread

Gerrard is really looking like he has put 5 years in 4 months.

The poor guy has been dealt major psychological blows since that slip against Chelsea, and then followed by his header that gifted Suarez the Uruguay win.
I hope he recovers, but at the moment he looks knackered and sussed out as teams put a marker on him and stop his passing.

The future is Emre Can, Henderson and Joe Allen.
Gerrard will need to be rotated and let Henderson be groomed as the next Liverpool captain.

For crying out loud he's still our leader, leave him alone. He'll get his head & mind back hopefully soon, but the whole team was poor and WH gets the credit of taking this with both hands.

Looks like a couple of good results today with Spurs, Utd, Everton and City all losing or very close. Only Arsenal for the top 4 have gained any points.

And Lampard scores as I type. 2nd time today!

Mario Balotelli goes on Twitter to have a laugh @Mutd?
Mario Balotelli is a j@ke he walks when he needs to run. You bought a broken player again! Arsenal bought the real deal in Welbz , he runs endlessly even when he should walks on the pitch he runs. Arsene has a toddler leash for the running man . The sooner Sturridge comes back the better.

Mario Balotelli goes on Twitter to have a laugh @Mutd?
Mario Balotelli is a j@ke he walks when he needs to run. You bought a broken player again! Arsenal bought the real deal in Welbz , he runs endlessly even when he should walks on the pitch he runs. Arsene has a toddler leash for the running man . The sooner Sturridge comes back the better.

I would compare them after the season is over to be honest...not that i disagree with you ;) i don´t watch Arsenal matches to know tbh..

Gerrard is a professional, i doubt the slip is in his mind nowdays... more it is his age, and the fact he shouldn´t even start 3 matches in one week at this age for us anymore.

I remember Rodgers saying last year that the best way for Gerrard to be fit and to avoid injuries is playing him 2 matches a week and then make him do very soft trainings.

About Mario vs Wellbeck. I think Wellbeck will be a very good signing. I don't know about Mario. Rodgers keeps saying he is working hard, pressing and chasing opponents. I don't agree, he is being lazy and isn't participating enough in the build of the plays. But then he can go and score a wonder in any moment. Guess time will tell.

Mario getting racially abused for his epic tweet.

mariobalotelli.jpeg

You can`t ignore the work rate imo that`s why Liverpool were so dangerous. I didnt realize how important Sturridge was until watching Liverpool of late. The desire to get the ball and trying to score from every chance is not there atm.

@PIPA yes, its still too early to form a proper opinion on the matter...just stating the obivous atm :))

Other teams results don't concern me and shouldn't concern the players.

Mario needs to concentrate on his efforts on the pitch for his new employers.
He's been awful so far.

Lambert must be itching to get a start ahead of Mario and for me, it needs to happen.

Also on Gerrard, he needs to be rotated. He's disciplined in his role of lying deep which means he doesn't affect the play or tempo to our game like in years gone by which I'm sure is frustrating to him.

For me, other players need to dictate tempo and the drive to not only pass but run behind and around the deep midfield set-ups Liverpool have faced this season.

Teams have realised that if they play a fast, high line against us for the first 10/20 minutes, it will bring rewards and goals for teams willing to do this against Liverpool.

After that, teams pack the midfield knowing Brendans system doesn't play long or runners from deep. We are far too easy to defend against playing the ball around in front of the opposition.

We need to make players follow runners, spin in behind etc. Without Sturridge and dare I say Suarez, none of the players do this.

Mario is a target man and WILL not move unless the ball hits him.

Of course, I'm not a football manager so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Again we are at a point where other teams can just have a go in the first minutes because we'll be shaky as shit. Team seemed without any spirit against West Ham, and I have to say the decision to have both Gerrard and Lucas on was a bit baffling - as it turned out Liverpool had no midfield to speak of in that match, or at least in the first half. I rate Lucas, but with so many midfielders in the ranks, he should be nowhere near the starting lineup.

Gerrard and Lucas as midfield isn´t helping us...

We realy need to play Can, Allen and Henderson there more often together...

Gerrard and Lucas can't play together, but we really don't have much options. Allen and Can out injured until November. Coutinho in very poor form. Lallana coming back from an injury.
I would play Lallana- Lucas or Gerrard - Henderson. I don't know though if Lallana can play that position.

that is why we should have sold Lucas and buy a top class DM...

i see Can and Allen both as center midfielders rather than defensive midf... Coutinho and Lallana both attacking mids as well...

we need a "Mascherano" or "Makelele" type of player.

I don't agree. A player like Mascherano wouldn't suit us. This system can only work if the two dynamic midfielders on each side, have an intelligent player behind them that can organize the team, purify plays with the first pass and play long balls when it's necessary. He also needs to add balance and know how to defend.
So it's more a player like Xabi Alonso or Javi Martinez. How are we going to find a player like that ? I don't know. Looks pretty difficult.

We just have to adapt to different teams and the way they play.
That is Rodgers' job to do.
I hope we can hammer Everton next weekend, because that will be the perfect thing we need now.

Glad I turned it off at 90min. Liverpool were very poor, hardly creating chances. Needed my sleep so glad I didn't watch the rest, would have been another hour or so...

Seems a waste to use Sterling for the whole match, sadly he seems to be the only one at present to add some spark to the team.

yeah we are in big big trouble..i fear we will not win in the derby...

we didn´t deserve to go trough today..good thing only for the young players to show their skills... Suso should be at least on bench for Everton...

Lambert was terrible.

People saying we miss Suarez...we miss runs in behind creating space for other players. The amount of times I seen big gaps to run into that nobody exploited...annoying.

I also clocked our first cross field pass from central to wide @ 82 minutes...shocking.

I think Liverpool should win easily against Everton (but i hope the opposite).

About yesterday's match.

How was Jelle Vossen for Boro?

It baffles me that he plays for a second tier club.

Vossen came off the bench with less than 10 minutes to go of extra time, don't think he touched the ball really, scored his penalty in the shoot-out, like almost everyone else haha.

Back
Top Bottom