Liverpool Thread

He's on a hefty wage whatever it is. The more interesting issue with the Falcao deal is whether it's really a loan or is the 'option' really an obligation, and, if the latter, as his agent has claimed, why?

He's on a hefty wage whatever it is. The more interesting issue with the Falcao deal is whether it's really a loan or is the 'option' really an obligation, and, if the latter, as his agent has claimed, why?

Yeah that is really curious.

If I were United I'd have the 1 year loan with a number of matches fit clause. The only real question about him is how he'll come back from another knee injury.

Falcao was desperate to go to Real according to Guillem Balague, but they did not want another top striker since Ancelotti prefers Benzema as the main guy.

He'll probably try out United for a season or two, and try going to Spain again.

Liverpool did try to sign Falcao, but I'm sure he was preferring Real till the last minute of the window, when he realized that they did not want him, and United were the only club who could afford his wages.

That's far and away the highest I've seen rumored anywhere. I've seen between 12m and 18m Euros? (showing no one has any f*cking clue). Even if it's 18m Euros that would be about 275k GBP per week.

I love how the media report fees. Most call Falcao a 20m euro signing - making it the first time I've ever seen them include wages in the transfer fee. The Sun and Mail have also directly taking his Euro salary at Monaco and reported it in GBP as 1 to 1. Good work.

Basically lying about footballers at big clubs wages is a passion for the scum (media).

Yep,

18mil euro divided by 52 is e346.000 per week. I've also read a 6mil fee for the year loan and 6mil on wages. Either way, will be interesting to see how he does, will likely get the sh!t kicked out of him for quite a while so lets see how his knee holds up.

We were never going to sign him. We have a clear strategy in place and it isn´t compatible with compromising millions on a 28 years old coming from a knee injury whose value can only collapse.

Just read that Daniel Agger payed himself all the expenses for the Danish homeless football team, so that they can participate to the homeless world cup.

Respect.

yes, the guy is a living prove that not all football players - sport celebritys are after money...he seems very down to earth by what he does.

Very true, I don't think he would've returned to Bröndby this soon if he wasn't the person he is. I can't imagine them giving him massive wages.

all Liverpool games + possible matches this season, might be handy for someone maybe..

eDbdGe4.png

So my intuition about Hodgson being responsible for Sturridge's injury was right. And the brilliant part is that he is going to be recovering from this injury just in time for determination test part III.

Team

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli.

Interesting to see how the front 4 play together.

Beat me to it. But wont it be more like 4-2-3-1? With coutinho, lallana and markovich behind Mario?

So, it was a 4-2-3-1 in the end. And it was awful. Southampton-like level and it is not surprising that in both matches we were playing a 2 man midfield with on of those players being Gerrard.
In my opinion, the most brilliant thing Rodgers made as a Liverpool manager was playing Gerrard as a defensive midfielder and rotating between a 4-3-3 and a 4-3-1-2. It suit him inredibly well and was amazing to see him play at the level he showed that season once he started playing that position. Why is he reverting to a 4-2-3-1 which doesnt work with our players ? We should have lost against Southampton and now we are losing with Aston Villa.

Rodgers trying to be the smart guy again, and it always take him a lot to change his tactics and use his plan b (if he's got one). Yes it was a good performance from villa's point of view but liverpool shouldn't drop points against a team playing with Senderos in their back line. Lambert showing why he spent most of he's career in the lower leagues and another bad day for your center-backs, the full-backs played well though especially Manquillo.

Horrendous performance and result.
We can't play a 4-2-3-1, it does not work.
Especially at home.....
Should have started more positive with Balotelli and Lambert with 2 up front
to attack the opponent team.

Rodgers can be sometimes very frustrating. As you said, this happens all the time with Aston Villa, but also in our last home game we played like this against Southampton and we should have lost. It's like Rodgers learned nothing from those matches.

Back
Top Bottom