Liverpool Thread

Well that was lucky! You really wonder what happens with the coaching when with 2min. to go and 1-0 up you still attack with 5 or 6 players.... leaving 4 to defend the counter.

so glad we won, it will give confidence to the new players like Balotelli.

Our defending as a team is a problem....Moreno, Gerrard, Lovren, Sakho, Mignolet all made mistakes in their equalizing goal. To me this is a coaching issue.

Lallana and Coutinho will get better.

Great kudos to Manquillo for winning the penalty by pressurizing their keeper.
Balotelli scored a fantastic goal, very skilfull finish.
Borini looked promising.

Hope we can carry on to beat West Ham...I think that's the perfect match for Lambert to start and maybe give Balotelli some support.
Allen and Markovic will also be back, so will Skrtel.

Quietly optimistic, we will keep improving.

I'm disappointed Brendan is starting with only one striker, even at home.

All of last season we played two strikers and scored for fun.

I hate the lone striker thing.

Yeah, it kind of nullifies the team to a certain extent, as they aren't good at defending so need to attack. Yet only having 1 striker means there isn't much pressure on the opposition defence so you are just left with a load of players passing it about in the middle of the pitch. It's not a surprise that Borini coming on gave some more space for Balotelli and more attacking pressure.

The question is probably more whether you want the 2nd striker to be either Borini or Lambert. Without Sturridge it's quite a step down.

Yeah, it kind of nullifies the team to a certain extent, as they aren't good at defending so need to attack. Yet only having 1 striker means there isn't much pressure on the opposition defence so you are just left with a load of players passing it about in the middle of the pitch. It's not a surprise that Borini coming on gave some more space for Balotelli and more attacking pressure.

The question is probably more whether you want the 2nd striker to be either Borini or Lambert. Without Sturridge it's quite a step down.

The formation and attacking display against both Aston Villa and Ludogorets was so frustrating.

Continually knocking the ball around in front of the opposition was both easily defended and predictable.

No runners from deep, no pass and move just pass left, then pass right, then pass forward and then pass back... Seriously!!!????

Where was the tempo we set in games from last year?

As soon as we changed to 2 up top last night it IMMEDIATELY looked better and the players looked far more comfortable.

I think we were a lot better than against Aston Villa. I have always preferred 4-3-3 over 4-3-1-2. I think that the latter leaves the flanks more unprotected. But, as some people had suggested before signing him, Balotelli may not be capable of playing alone upfront as Suarez was.
As you said, we looked much better with two upfront than with one, yesterday.

Balotelli doesnt work as one striker, he needs to play with a partner up front...

Manquillo is top class talent...wish we signed him permanently...

Moreno is also amazing talent, both will be Spain´s full backs for long time imo..

he is a striker who should work with a partner being the last man up front, always in the box...this way he could be more effective for the team...in 4-3-3 he doesn´t do a lot for the team up front...

he played better once Borini played with him yesterday up front...

but i´m happy about our full-backs...not so much about our defence partnership + goalie.... :/

I agree, I think Borini helped Mario out a lot... I think Borini has one of the best work rates for a forward. Even back at Roma he'd be running non-stop.

In other news, in Italy they're reporting we've signed Suso for January onwards.....

permanent move? i would not be surprised if it´s true...can´t see him playing in first team for us other than cup matches... but i rather loan him instead of selling..

Considering his contract runs out in June and he doesn't want to renew it, he 's gone.
Very good signing for Milan. Huge potential and available almost on a free.

i don´t think he will renew if Rodgers doesn´t use him more.. but the thing his, he was loaned, played a lot and doesn´t play now..so perhaps he isn´t good enough for us to play..

he could be great for Milan, as they need young blood imo..

Agreed on the goalkeeper.

Mignolet just isn't good enough. Reina is still a much better goalkeeper and it was a sad sight to see him sat on the bench for Bayern last night. What a waste! He should be starting in another top side somewhere. He'll never get a game there.

Maybe we should go in with a cheeky offer for Cech?

Agreed on the goalkeeper.

Mignolet just isn't good enough. Reina is still a much better goalkeeper and it was a sad sight to see him sat on the bench for Bayern last night. What a waste! He should be starting in another top side somewhere. He'll never get a game there.

Maybe we should go in with a cheeky offer for Cech?

I agree Mignolet is not good enough, he's a shot-stopper but does not command the box.
Apparently we're going for Valdes on a free transfer, and he loves Liverpool and wants to work with Rodgers.
He is currently injured though.
Since he's a free agent, we don't need to wait for any transfer window.

If we can keep within touching distance of top-4 by Christmas, I think we will see a much better form in the 2nd half of the season.
Things will get better.

too many new players, shaky defense, unsure attack, old midfield, average keeper, lack of defensive coaching, two games a week, we did not replace Suarez properly.

Don't expect us to see better results till a few more months.

Well that was predictable. Expected a poor result and performance.

The set up of the team just doesn't work with Gerrard when the opposition aren't being kept busy by the runs of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling. Neither Borini or Mario have enough movement in them so that leaves the midfield to get on Gerrard quickly to breakdown any possesion Liverpool are building as the defense are quite comfortable to keep their shape.

Will very much be a battle for 4th this season, which is expected. But now its looking less likely with Utd's splurging.

good i did miss this one...

we are in troubles...hope that Rodgers will turn it around.

with our defence i will be happy if we finish top 4 this season.....we will have to fight for it...

Back
Top Bottom