Liverpool Thread

I'm keeping both feets on the ground. When else I'm going to say that I expect him to be the best player of his generation, if not now ? I'm not saying this after one match. He has been playing at this level since last year.
By the way, why should below my expectations of Sterling because Wilshere hasn't improved in recent years ?

It's not job Wilshere, there's Bentley,Rooney in some capacity, Micah Richards, Jack Rodwell, Joe Cole, Nedum Onuoha, Andy Carroll and so on. Ravel Morrison is an example of a player who is wasting there talent

It's players who had huge reputations at a young age and for one reason or another, never fully fulfilled that expectation. I'm not denying for a second sterling has the talent and potential, end of the day, it is potential which either will or will not be fully fulfilled. I hope he does as would be a shame if he didn't but time is the factor.

In most cases, you can't blame the players, often the expectations were unrealistic...not that i think expecting big things from Sterling is unrealistic, but it seems hard for young players to become better and better...look at all the Argentinian next Maradonna's like D'Alessandro and others (forgot their names, but there where quite a few of them).

Sterling genuinely looks class at the moment, doesn't need to change much imo. He'll get a bit better too.

But he's one of those players that will likely peak early - because a ton of his game is based on pace. His acceleration over 5 yards is simply unmatched by anyone he'll face.

Hopefully he develops other parts of his game because as players like Owen and Rooney have shown that the pace can't last forever.

I think we should build the England team around him though. Give him space and isolation to operate effectively.

But he's one of those players that will likely peak early - because a ton of his game is based on pace. His acceleration over 5 yards is simply unmatched by anyone he'll face.

Hopefully he develops other parts of his game because as players like Owen and Rooney have shown that the pace can't last forever.

Robben disagrees

I seriously don't understand a few things after this transfer window:

- why didn't we sign Remy, when Chelsea, Marseille, QPR, Newcastle haven't found any medical issues?

- why is Borini hanging around when he has so little chance to play?

- why is Falcao going to Man United on a 1-year loan, and Real Madrid taking Chicharito on a 1-year loan?
It should have been the other way round :)

Last edited:
Also, there is no such thing as generically passing or failing a medical. Clubs assess the fitness of a player and project how it might develop. Some clubs/managers might want more assures and might not be prepared to take risks while others would.

What do you guys think of our current squad ? I think it is slightly over depth (Borini is not even going to make it to the bench and the same may be said about Lucas), but the current level of the squad is more than enough to make it to the top 4 and the potential of the squad is incredible, I see us winning something big in 2-3 years.

Never can have too much , injuries has no invitations ;). You can't expect to play the same XI in every match. I think Sterling is Liverpool's most threatening player atm. Liverpool bought smart .

Agree, he is our most threatening player and the player around the team should be built.

By the way, I hope those rumours about signing Victor Valdes when he recovers from his injury are right. Top top keeper that one who gets unfair criticism by the media, miles better than Mignolet.

agree about valdes. he'd be an improvement over mignolet if he keeps fit.

liverpool's transfer business was similar to how spurs did in the last summer but rodgers makes the main difference here. the squad reminds me of arsenal's a bit. a true, proper dm still overlooked, decent on every other area.

Spurs bought without a plain. 'Pool bought players for positions of need. Gerrard will play at DMF, plus Lucas and Allen can give some relieve at the position.

Don't know why they got rid of Reina. Miles better than Mignolet.

Spurs bought without a plain. 'Pool bought players for positions of need. Gerrard will play at DMF, plus Lucas and Allen can give some relieve at the position.

Don't know why they got rid of Reina. Miles better than Mignolet.

Reina burnt his bridges by trying to go to Barca last season, but then Valdes stayed for one more year...
I think Rodgers didn't like the way he tried to leave, and did criticize him publicly....so Reina was always
going to leave.

Reina burnt his bridges by trying to go to Barca last season, but then Valdes stayed for one more year...
I think Rodgers didn't like the way he tried to leave, and did criticize him publicly....so Reina was always
going to leave.

because Suarez never tried to leave :FISH:

If he is fit and anywhere near his last season level we got ourselves the best keeper in the league with Courtois.
About Suso: too bad it's ending that way. Two years ago when BR came in and started playing the kids if you asked me who was our best prospect I would have said Suso hands down. We have a lot of quality and depth now so it is clear there is no space for him right now, but there must be an aspect of his game that we don't like. It has to be his personality, work ethic or something around those lines, because technically he is an incredible talent and he is leaving for free.

Last edited:
Ridiculous. If only we could refuse to send our players while that dinosaur is still in charge of the national team. Our players keep coming back injured after working with that clueless clown.

I don't think it is Hodgson's fault that Sturridge got injured, he is way too injury prone.

We will have to depend on Balotelli, Lambert and Borini for the next few weeks.

I actually think it might help your balance. Sturridge obviously has looked great at scoring, but I'd rather see a single striker up top who can add more to team play - Balotelli can provide that if he's bothered.

Will free up Sterling and enable you to get more of the attacking mids involved (Lallana/Coutinho/Markovic etc)

I actually think it might help your balance. Sturridge obviously has looked great at scoring, but I'd rather see a single striker up top who can add more to team play - Balotelli can provide that if he's bothered.

Will free up Sterling and enable you to get more of the attacking mids involved (Lallana/Coutinho/Markovic etc)

If we do play a single striker:

-----------Migs-------------
-Manq----Lovren--Sakho---Moreno
-----------Gerrard---------
-----Hendo-------Allen---
-----------Sterling---------
----Markovic---Balo----Lallana

with the three players behind Balotelli combining and changing positions at will...
making it pretty fluid.

If that does not work, we can play 2 up front

-----Hendo-------Coutinho---
------Balotelli----Lambert----

bloody hell....we can also throw on Borini if needed !

If we do play a single striker:

-----Hendo-------Allen---

----Markovic---Balo----Lallana

with the three players behind Balotelli combining and changing positions at will...

making it pretty fluid.

If that does not work, we can play 2 up front

-----Hendo-------Coutinho---

------Balotelli----Lambert----

bloody hell....we can also throw on Borini if needed !

12 players in the first formation.

Anyway, for somebody to suggest Liverpool will be better without Sturridge playing is just plain ridiculous. He's greedy at times and I wouldn't expect a forward not to be but pretty sure he creates chances for others (he made the 1st v Spurs last week regardless of it not being the final pass) and did last year too. Unbelievable to suggest Balotelli would offer more this early in his LFC career.

Glad we're not playing any of the top-4 teams during that time.
Villa at home will be tough given how Paul Lambert has always managed to give us trouble at Anfield in the last 2 visits here.
The CL game should be fun at home.
Then West Ham away which will not be easy.

Time for Balotelli to step up and show how much he wants this. He'll be a handful for defenders.
Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Sterling should also add goals....so it's not too bad.

I don't think it is Hodgson's fault that Sturridge got injured, he is way too injury prone.

We will have to depend on Balotelli, Lambert and Borini for the next few weeks.
He is injury prone but working with that dinosaur doesn't help. Remember when he played Sturridge while injured last year in a friendly to "test his determination" ?

He is injury prone but working with that dinosaur doesn't help. Remember when he played Sturridge while injured last year in a friendly to "test his determination" ?

I agree about that incident.
But in this particular incident, it seems that Sturridge was not carrying any injuries, and I'm sure he is desperate himself to play for England. It seems this was a routine training injury.

Hopefully it won't matter, because this is a great opportunity for Balotelli and Lambert to get some confidence and goals.

EDIT:
Henderson is also injured....damn this England team.

Last edited:
Nope, 340.000! A week!

That's far and away the highest I've seen rumored anywhere. I've seen between 12m and 18m Euros? (showing no one has any f*cking clue). Even if it's 18m Euros that would be about 275k GBP per week.

I love how the media report fees. Most call Falcao a 20m euro signing - making it the first time I've ever seen them include wages in the transfer fee. The Sun and Mail have also directly taking his Euro salary at Monaco and reported it in GBP as 1 to 1. Good work.

Basically lying about footballers at big clubs wages is a passion for the scum (media).

Back
Top Bottom