Liverpool Thread

Agger has pretty much admitted that he cant cope with the phycality anymore. Shame that he couldnt keep fit. Kolo was allowed to leave for Turkey but opted to stay. Johnson looks like he will run down his contract.

Not sure how much Rodgers can do about that.

Too bad it had to end this way. If the injuries hadn't been so cruel he could have consolidated as a top 3 CB. I remember seeing him play in 2007 and thinking he had everything to be one of the best in the world.
He was also extremely loyal, could have gone to City, Juventus or Barcelona in times it would have been very easy to leave us but he preferred to stay. We are not a charity, but I'm glad this loyalty worked both ways and we recognized his wish to return to the club of his life even if it meant an important financial loss.

BREAKING NEWS - Tottenham v Liverpool (13:30 BST)
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has just confirmed Mario Balotelli starts today for his debut.

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Looks tasty, not sure how defensively strong it is.

Good 1st half.

Mario has done well, probably should had scored by now. Gerard's been poor, so many misplaced passes. Defense has been so, so. But with 4 players who haven't played together thats to be expected.

Yes Lovren played a great match, but boy Sturridge and Sterling terrorized our defense.

As a Spurs fan i was glad Sterling missed before goal after his solo, but boy that deserved a goal.

From our point of view, silly mistakes.

Did anyone else see Mario go over to Gerrard after the penalty and smile? Never seen him smile before, I got the impression, with his history, that he was happy to not be the main man and have the pressure on him to score the penalty.

Good debut, great result and performance.

Good game, we played well and deserved to win.
A lot of good performances - Sterling, Hendo, Moreno were the highlights.
Mario did well enough, and should get better.

I'm liking the look of our squad which seems deep enough to challenge this year.
The CL will give us even more confidence for the League..

Ridiculous statement. He is the best young talent in the world right now. No other 19 year old player gets even close to him.

I think that's a bit far, how many times have we seen an english player shine through certain period then never fully lived to potential in the end? Still, wouldn't say he is the best 19 year old in the world never mind young. He is promising and starting to perform but never get caught up in the moment as leads to unrealistic expectations on someone so young.

Max Meyer is better personally and he's still only 18. technically better with the ball, more unselfish and intelligent. Bit different position but he's playing above his years.

I'll agree with that, sterling is only a few months off being 20. It is a subjective opinion, i just wouldn't put him on such a high pedestal personally.

Krisztián Adorján -> Lega Pro on loan pffff i really dont want to insult the whole British football...so just the facts here they are. one of the most talented midfielders of Lpools youth academy been sent there. ok he is 21 already, ok hes got a contract till 2015 but why not just simply sell him instead ruining his career furthermore? just to get a few pounds...on the other side he is too loyal.

Last edited:
Ridiculous statement. He is the best young talent in the world right now. No other 19 year old player gets even close to him.

I'm not denying his talent, and you can check my comment again.
all I'm saying, he has no intelligence at all, he can't handle some situations. His miss against Spurs after the amazing dribble, simply summarizes what he is perfectly.
and I'm not saying this because of the miss, no, I always say that about him.
in the WC he was running stupidly all the time, shooting harmless and silly shots when his teammates are in a better position, ruining a tactical action with his individualism.

He's young, but he can't keep like that forever, he's in a super level of football now, he must grow up.

Last edited:
You should never evaluate a player based on their performance in their national team and, especially, if that national team has an absolutely clueless manager like Roy Hodgson.
When Sterling broke into the first team I was skeptical and thought he was a one dimensional player whose only ability was to run and be able to beat his opponent. I was totally wrong. Rodgers transformed him, because he is an intelligent player and he has showed again and again he is capable of learning anything. There is a reason why at 19 years old he 's picked over Coutinho in that role and he is going to be picked over Lallana.
He has no ceiling. We have a gem in our hands . He is going to be the best player of his generation.

He is going to be the best player of his generation.

That's my main gripe with young players, as you are doing, expecting the world of them, things can go horrible in matter of moments. Best example is Francis Jeffers, same age as sterling and expected so much and look how his career went down hill, Wilshere is another player whos form has dipped over the season or so. It's a phase, good run/momentum, what you're saying is beyond baffling. How can you say something so bold to a player who hasn't played on the biggest of stages for a period of time? he played 182 minutes on the world cup and had little impact. He has never played in champions league yet. IF he can play at these levels against higher level of players and still perform way he is right now for a stretch period of time, sure he can be considered highly but realistically fans and pundits alike have to keep both feet on the ground rather than gone with the wind.

That's my main gripe with young players, as you are doing, expecting the world of them, things can go horrible in matter of moments. Best example is Francis Jeffers, same age as sterling and expected so much and look how his career went down hill, Wilshere is another player whos form has dipped over the season or so. It's a phase, good run/momentum, what you're saying is beyond baffling. How can you say something so bold to a player who hasn't played on the biggest of stages for a period of time? he played 182 minutes on the world cup and had little impact. He has never played in champions league yet. IF he can play at these levels against higher level of players and still perform way he is right now for a stretch period of time, sure he can be considered highly but realistically fans and pundits alike have to keep both feet on the ground rather than gone with the wind.

I agree with that post.
At the moment Sterling is great, but English talents never seem to become the player Englsih media and fans expect them to be...even Rooney is an example of that (and it's undeniable that Rooney is a great player, but he is not the world beater most English fans and papers expected him to be).

I'm keeping both feets on the ground. When else I'm going to say that I expect him to be the best player of his generation, if not now ? I'm not saying this after one match. He has been playing at this level since last year.
By the way, why should below my expectations of Sterling because Wilshere hasn't improved in recent years ?

Back
Top Bottom