Liverpool Thread

Balotelli official.

*Cue PIPA posting 23 full-HD pictures of Balotelli leaning on things around Melwood*

Good for the league and hopefully good for Liverpool, who woiuld have thouhgt this a couple of years ago when you bought the likes of Caroll and Konchesky ?

Good luck this evening, i'm looking forward to that match !

he can´t play against City, since he isn´t registered to play and today he can´t register.

him and Lallana certainly won´t play as far as i know tonight.

Played into City's hand, a lot like the Chelsea match last season. Why push the attack and make the play, let City try to attack and counter them as thats where the teams strengths are. No space for sturridge or Sterling and hardly any chances created.

Thing is City haven't had to do much. Been solid and punished every mistake. Have City even had any other chances besides the goals? Cant remember any tbh. Liverpool have played well, but have a bit of the Arsenal about them tonight.

We've played well but I agree this size of game has come too early in the season for us.
City have a bit too much for us.

Teams will come to city, not play as well as us and get a draw.
That's just the way the premiership is.

Chelsea and City are easily the strongest sides in England.

it's beyond me how Gerrard is still playing the whole 90 mins, should've been subbed instead of Coutinho.

Coutinho was struggling with accuracy throughout the game.
Gerrard will never be subbed when we are losing, unfortunately he's that how things are till he is replaced or retires himself.

I think we will improve over time, we will need a few more games to give the new signings some time.

I don't agree with you both about Gerrard, he was easily the best Liverpool player alongside with Moreno (if only he hadn't made that junior mistake of letting Jovetic take the ball and score).
Markovic's debut was really good too, should've started earlier in that game.

Emre Can on the other hand seemed to slow the pace of Liverpool attacks so much, even more than Allen, who doesn't fit in Rodger's system IMO (could've played better in Coutinho's role for ex).

Last edited:
I dont think we can play with Sturridge as a single striker, because it puts too much pressure on him, and there isn't sufficient goal threat from Coutinho/Sterling/Hendo/Allen as a whole....Sterling does add width and pace, but I think Sturridge tends to not be that good when he is the main striker up front, he is better when there is an additional striker with him...like Suarez last year, which creates a lot more havoc in opposition defenses.

Lambert or Balotell has to start next week with Sturridge and drop Coutinho/Allen.

The good thing is that we have a deep squad, and can bring on the likes of Markovic, Lallana, Can when we need a change.

Last edited:
Gerrard is the problem after watching this game?...not realy...

i´m dissapointed in our defence once again, the first and third goal was Lovren´s fault, bad positioning...also Mignolet should do better to place himself for Aguero´s goal...

Skrtel for me MOTM. people slack him for his mistakes, but the amount of defending he does is amazing...

we will be alright, City were better because they scored from every chance they had... we didn´t play that bad, but made costly mistakes in defence once again..

i like the look of Markovic and Moreno...

Rodgers needs to sort out our defending...

also Johnson is done.

Losing to City is no shame, we're still bedding in the new players.
We have a new defence, and it takes time to gel, and also as Skrtel said
before, it's not about one or two players, but defending as a team and tracking
runs when one guy is pulled out of position.

The three goals were mistakes, but so was our goal which was caused by a mistake
by DeMichelis (caught in possession) and Zabaleta(own goal)

I think we still haven't figured out our best position for some of the players, but given
that we were signing a lot of new players this summer, it will take a bit of time for Rodgers
to fine tune his starting XI.

I hope we can go and win at Spurs, because they will really be up for this one given
that we hammered them 9:0 on aggregate last season.

IMO Xabi Alonso was perhaps the best Liverpool player i ever saw and i guess i'm one of the few here who saw the likes of Keegan, Toscack, Rush, Dalglish.

Until Xavi my alltime favourite was Dalglish (and at the time i was a Man Utd fan !), but i really liked Xavi a lot...such an intelligent player !

About that match against Spurs, this is a very iùportant first big test for Spurs. As a Spurs fan, i would be over the moon with a point...Spurs looked very good against QPR, but PR was abysmal...

People generally only notice the glamour players.

Goals to games stats, flicks, tricks, etc.

For me, Xabi Alonso was THE best Liverpool player I've seen in the midfield since Jan Molby.

He has the ability to find time and space in the busiest and most frantic of games.

He plays the game with his head up and knows what is happening on the pitch before anyone else.

A rare talent.

IMO Xabi Alonso was perhaps the best Liverpool player i ever saw and i guess i'm one of the few here who saw the likes of Keegan, Toscack, Rush, Dalglish.

Until Xavi my alltime favourite was Dalglish (and at the time i was a Man Utd fan !), but i really liked Xavi a lot...such an intelligent player !

About that match against Spurs, this is a very iùportant first big test for Spurs. As a Spurs fan, i would be over the moon with a point...Spurs looked very good against QPR, but PR was abysmal...
I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs convincingly win on Sunday. You have one of the best managers in the world and he knows exactly how to play against Liverpool.
We will probably have 4-5 new players in the starting lineup on Sunday. It is going to take time to gel.

Last edited:
It will be a tough game on Sunday at the Spurs.
Liverpool need to be at their best to get a result.

Rumours are that Lucas will be gone, and hopefully we can get Alex Song as a good midfield option on loan.

Champions league nights are coming !

Real Madrid
FC Basel
Liverpool
Ludogorets

Should be interesting, and we have a decent chance of progressing, having some experience
of playing Basel in the Europa league a few years ago.
Playing Real Madrid will be the highlight for sure, but it's a decent group.

Looks good. Against Real there will be no expectations and hopefully a counter attacking set-up. Should be able to get results against the others, although Basel have had some decent results the past couple of seasons.

Watch out for Basel...they have done quite well against Manchester United, Chelsea and Spurs quite recently...
Don't know what happened to them in this transfer window, but they have a very good team...

Watch out for Basel...they have done quite well against Manchester United, Chelsea and Spurs quite recently...
Don't know what happened to them in this transfer window, but they have a very good team...

Exactly, it'll be a tough battle for 2nd spot in the group.
Hoping that Liverpool can win all their home matches, which should take them through hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom