Liverpool Thread

good goals, important 3 points for start...Rodgers need to sort out the midfield, we played with just two men in midfield today of Gerrard and Lucas...

VZOGkYA.png

and it was because of that we didn´t dominate...

clearly 4231 isn´t the way for us imo...

we should stick to 433...

the thing is Coutinho should play more as a SS or shadow striker with Sturridge coming from left side and Sterling from right, or oposite...

we were lucky it wasn´t a draw today..

Agree.
While I prefer Coutinho in a more central role, he and Moreno can potentially be amazing together on that left side.

I have to give it to Liverpool, they are well supported around the world. Underneath my work here in Israel (not even in Tel Aviv) I would say 100 or so people turned up in Liverpool gear singing etc and going crazy when you scored.

I was hopin you lost so I could shout abuse at them all out the window ;))

We do look not very threatening now that Suarez has gone.
I'm not sure why we are taking so long to get a good striker, given that Barca were interested in Suarez before the world cup.
These last minute enquiries for Falcao and Cavani smack of last-minute shopping.

Emre Can needs to play in a 4-3-3

No they were houses liverpool fc bought, left empty and ran the area down.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Having only moved from Anfield a year ago I can honestly say that this article isn't entirely true.

For one there are a lot of absolute scumbags living in the area and very lapse policing has meant that the drug dealing teenage pricks get away with murder. That's the main reason those streets were dilapidated, the people just don't give a fuck.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 2m
Now it appears a permanent deal could be on the table. Talks are ongoing but still at an early stage.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3m
The situation with Liverpool & Balotelli has moved on in the last 12 hours or so. An initial loan inquiry has led to talks with AC Milan.

Liverpool getting desperate with Mario Balotelli latest target

Tony Barrett
Published 1 minute ago

Liverpool have opened talks with AC Milan about a proposed move for Mario Balotelli, raising the possibility of one of English football’s most controversial characters making a return to the Barclays Premier League.

With time running out in the summer transfer window and their search for a new forward becoming increasingly urgent, Liverpool initially made an approach through a third party to sign Balotelli on a season-long loan, but the Merseyside club are now looking to take the Italy forward to Anfield on a permanent basis.

It is understood that the terms laid out in Liverpool’s initial approach to Milan included a series of clauses that would have enabled them to send the 24-year-old back to his parent club if his attitude became a problem.

Milan gave that idea short shrift, sources in Italy indicating that the club informed Liverpool that they should return with a formal bid if they wish to sign Balotelli.

Milan would be willing to allow the forward to leave this summer, but only on their terms.

“At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli, hence there is no negotiation,” Adriano Galliani, the Milan vice-president, told Gazzetta dello Sport. “But we will see as the transfer market ends on September 1.” Ian Ayre, the Liverpool managing director, has been in with Mino Raiola, Balotelli’s representative, in recent weeks over the proposed sale of Oussama Assaidi, another of Raiola’s clients, and the pair are understood to have met in Amsterdam in recent days.

That Liverpool have shown any interest in Balotelli, who is seeking a salary of £160,000 per week, is remarkable given that Brendan Rodgers “categorically” ruled out any chance of the Italy striker moving to Anfield during the club’s recent tour of the United States. Despite Balotelli’s reputation for off-field controversy while at Manchester City, Rodgers is believed to have been more concerned with his behaviour on the training ground, having established an ethos of elite performance at Liverpool.

Rodgers has admitted that it is “crucial” to add a top-class striker to his squad after the departure of Luis Suárez, and Liverpool are considering all possibilities with increasing urgency.

In recent weeks, inquiries have been made for Radamel Falcao, Edinson Cavani and Karim Benzema without success after the collapse of an £8 million deal to sign Loïc Rémy from Queens Park Rangers.

Falcao remains their preferred option, but Liverpool have been made aware that the Monaco forward favours a move to Real Madrid.

Should Real’s longstanding interest in Falcao fail to materialise, though, Liverpool would be willing to put together a £20 million package to sign the prolific Colombia international on a season-long loan.

Balotelli’s emergence as a realistic alternative indicates that Liverpool are preparing themselves for the likelihood that Falcao will prove to be beyond their reach.

It is also indicative of their growing awareness about the risks of having only Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert to rely upon until January.

Striking figures

0.47 Balotelli’s goals per game ratio in the Premier League and Serie A

4 Red cards in two and a half seasons with Manchester City

£160,000 Weekly salary Balotelli is seeking

4 Title winners’ medals in England and Italy

So right now are options are:
- spending 20M on a loan for a player that comes from a serious injury and that showed signs of being on a down spiral before that.
- 16M for Balotelli. I would absolutely take that risk if it wasn't for that wage demand. That would make him our best paid player and would destabilize the wage structure.
- 1 year deal for Eto'o.

In my opinion, the Falcao option is mental. I'm surprised we are genuinely interested. It has disaster written all over it. Balotelli would be the best option if it wasn't for that astronomical wage demands. I would sign Eto'o.

Balotelli: “Today will be my last day in Milanello”

First game against City?

Hope you pay a lot as we have a sell on clause :)

Last edited:
Falcao fee for a year is ridiculous.
Eto'o wasn't great at Chelsea and not the player he was so no thanks.
Balotelli? Again, no thanks. He's a bloody nuisance. Will just cause grief. He has most places he's been so why would he be any different at Liverpool? Avoid.

I don't know how to react to this lol .. he's an even-more knucklehead than Suarez. Suarez produces on the field and during season (except the Bite) but wants to quit every summer. This guy on the other hand may not bite but is a nuisance almost everytime I read about him, however may have bigger talent than Suarez if he can keep his head right. LFC fans will endear him regardless and will fight for him if he produces.

We could look at it another way, a swap. Borini for Balotelli.

Worth the risk imo, but wages should be partly performance/behaviour based imo. How disruptive is he though?

@ godotelli,

What was he like within the team/squad. What I can remember was some harmless fun off the pitch (fireworks in bathroom) and temperamental on it (a few red cards).

Last edited:
Strange transfer, Mario doesn't seem like the player Rodgers would want in his squad, yes he's world class on his day and can score for fun blablabla but he can cause a lot of trouble in dressing room and off the pitch. He's too individualistic to be a liverpool player imo, as I read somewhere he's suarez without work-rate and team work.

These things almost never work out. Managers thinking that they are the ones that are finally going to calm a troubled player, get the best out of them and make them fulfill their potential.
However, if the wages factor is sorted out, then it is definitely worth the gamble. As Tik said, is like Borini +2m.

Signing Balotelli is worth the risk, and he only cost 16m which is nothing compared to
the 35m we paid for Andy Carroll, or the 20m for Downing.

He'll score goals, and give opposing defenders something to worry about...
Sturridge can't do it all by himself because he would struggle being under all the pressure.

I hope Balotelli can play against City :)

I think he's worth the risk. Most of the transfer fee can be recouped if he doesn't work out at Liverpool and moves on. There will always be another big club willing to take a gamble.

That can't be true. How can they get 70 % of the fee ?

I read some buying clause n Milan still owed €12m . I think it's good business, me personally when I heard Mario was going to Arsenal . I was bother didn't want that personality at my club. The mood here is different so I hope it works out.

One nutter out.. Another one in. I for one I'm glad he s back in the PL for sheer entertainment purposes. Could be a brilliant bit of business but not much over the past years seems to inspire much confidence that it will be.

I think it's brilliant business, but have to think Milan are up to something. 16m in today's market? That's the deal of the summer.

What are Milan up to? Can they really just not afford to pay their bills? That would be seriously sad.

Only issue with Mario is his goals/game ratio isn't actually that great, so I'm not sure he'll start. Great option though if he's happy with that, and Rodgers does seem to be able to get a lot out of players.

Back
Top Bottom