Liverpool Thread

CRonaldo, Bale, Isco, Benzema, Falcao, Di Maria, James, Jese, Modric, Khedira, Alonso, Kroos, Illarramendi

all vying for 5 places :SHOCK:

At least 3 would have to go

Wouldn't be happy with Falcao. Astronomical wages, would limit us to playing with two strikers up front, coming from a so so season plus a major injury.
Now, if Isco is available ... that would be a buy.

Falcao would be good, but then we would need to play 2 strikers like most of last year...

what we need is someone like Sturridge, who can play as a lone striker or in a pair or out wide...

Falcao would be good, but then we would need to play 2 strikers like most of last year...

what we need is someone like Sturridge, who can play as a lone striker or in a pair or out wide...

Agreed. Can't see Falcao doing well in the fast break/counter system Pool seems to play these days. Also think he could struggle with the physical nature of the league.

Not wanting Falcao? Mental.

Probably the only out and out striker in world football at the same level as Suarez.

You wouldn't have to play two strikers, you could always sit the one that is nowhere near as good.

You do know he is currently on 18M per year and considering he has proved to be a complete mercenary through his career he wouldn't take a considerable pay cut. Plus, he is 28 years old, would cost more than 40M and comes from a mediocre season and a very serious injury.
Honestly, it is hard to think of a worse buy.

Good warmup for Liverpool, 4-0 win against Dortmund. Missed most of it as I didnt realise it was on the tele, but the commentator was impressed. Goals by Sturridge, Lovren, Coutinho and Henderson.

ive heard from tim vickery that cavani looks to be talking with liverpool

Bloody hope not. Don't like him. Never seen him play well either so hope he doesn't move to Anfield.

I've read elsewhere that United fans are saying that it wasn't Dortmund's first team. Fair enough, it wasn't but these same idiots were blabbing on how well United were after they won 7-0 against the mighty LA Galaxy!
I also read the same guy saying Alexis Sanchez is poo... but was saying how good Herrera is. Laughable.

Bloody hope not. Don't like him. Never seen him play well either so hope he doesn't move to Anfield.

I've read elsewhere that United fans are saying that it wasn't Dortmund's first team. Fair enough, it wasn't but these same idiots were blabbing on how well United were after they won 7-0 against the mighty LA Galaxy!
I also read the same guy saying Alexis Sanchez is poo... but was saying how good Herrera is. Laughable.

So you start by saying United fans as in.. Plural, but then end by saying it was basically one guy. Generalize much?

You do know he is currently on 18M per year and considering he has proved to be a complete mercenary through his career he wouldn't take a considerable pay cut. Plus, he is 28 years old, would cost more than 40M and comes from a mediocre season and a very serious injury.
Honestly, it is hard to think of a worse buy.

Sounds a bit like what United fans were saying when they were in talks with RVP ;)

Personally I think Falcao would do great at Liverpool. More so than Cavani - who's great for different reasons.

So you start by saying United fans as in.. Plural, but then end by saying it was basically one guy. Generalize much?

Ok Mr. Pedantic. The one guy started saying it and more jumped on the bandwagon agreeing with him. He started the thing about Herrera and again, more United fans joined in with him talking absolute crap. So no, I'm not generalising at all. There was more than one of them so yeah, plural. I know the lad and I couldn't believe the cack he came out with. I also know a lot of the others who joined in his conversation and wait for it, yep you got it! More United fans.
Forgive me for not wording my post perfectly. Ever so sorry old bean.

Last edited:
Ok Mr. Pedantic. The one guy started saying it and more jumped on the bandwagon agreeing with him. He started the thing about Herrera and again, more United fans joined in with him talking absolute crap. So no, I'm not generalising at all. There was more than one of them so yeah, plural. I know the lad and I couldn't believe the cack he came out with. I also know a lot of the others who joined in his conversation and wait for it, yep you got it! More United fans.
Forgive me for not wording my post perfectly. Ever so sorry old bean.

I'll forgive you for the juvenile attempts to insult. Sounds like you care more about a handful of United fans and their opinions than you should. I've heard and seen a lot of praise from United fans as well with regards to the way Pool played. With regards to the Galaxy game tho: Galaxy was mid season.. It was our first game with an experimental system. 7-0 is impressive in that case imho but I did not see or hear anyone say it meant much. Selective memory I guess.

I'll forgive you for the juvenile attempts to insult. Sounds like you care more about a handful of United fans and their opinions than you should. I've heard and seen a lot of praise from United fans as well with regards to the way Pool played. With regards to the Galaxy game tho: Galaxy was mid season.. It was our first game with an experimental system. 7-0 is impressive in that case imho but I did not see or hear anyone say it meant much. Selective memory I guess.

I don't care what they think. I think they are daft, talk rubbish and can't believe the dross they come out with. Up to them if they want to make themselves look stupid. Just found it ridiculous what they were coming out with.
Regardless of LA Galaxy being mid season, United players don't forget how to play football after a few weeks off and it was only LA Galaxy. Hardly a class team. Too much is made of the system they tried too. They can still pass a ball from a to b and they are pros. They should be able to play any formation.
You were being a bit pedantic picking up on a post that I typed quick on my way out to play 7-a-side so it was hardly insulting for me to say so. You said I was generalising. I wasn't. I know plenty of United supporters who know what they are talking about. I was just stating on these two occasions today that they were talking cack. Anyway, moving on...

I know plenty of United supporters who know what they are talking about.

2529990-9086092697-13962.png

i like him

CoordinatedAthleticElectriceel.gif

he needs to be loved and used as a CF only...not like in PSG...but doubt we will go after any superstar to be honest.

i like him

CoordinatedAthleticElectriceel.gif

he needs to be loved and used as a CF only...not like in PSG...but doubt we will go after any superstar to be honest.

My mate done that last week at 7-a-side. It means nothing to me. Great goal of course but I don't see the point of posting things like that. Plenty of players score class goals but it doesn't mean they are great players.

Some of Liverpool's attacking against Dortmund was sublime...the way Rodgers has the team setup is brilliant...
but don't expect too many teams to be as open when they come to Anfield.......expect to see many parked buses.

If we do get Falcao, he would be brilliant, he is on his day one of the best in the world.
Cavani is not as good as Suarez, but he's still a great player too.

even without Suarez you look a very good team now, I think trying to predict the top 4 is pointless really, a lot of quality in the top teams.

Back
Top Bottom