Liverpool Thread

2962__6755__lovren1000o_517X310.jpg

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/167331-dejan-lovren-seals-liverpool-transfer

Liverpool is after Rodriguez :CONF: we scrapping the bucket here.... SOTON use to be Arsenal`s feeder club.I`m glad we got Chamber before Liverpool snatch him from inside Biglands Bakery line.

Re: Southampton - Also, they were good, but were they that good to warrant this kind of spending? Finished well behind Everton, but Everton would do well to get the kind of fees being mentioned for their players.

I find it very odd. Feels flavor of the month to me.

Sad to see it happen to them though. They're being strip-mined before being sold by their new owner.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 1m
Rodgers: "Balotelli is a big talent. I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player. He is quick and his touch is terrific."

J'sus. There will be nothing left of Southampton...

-Lambert
-Lallana
-Lovren
-Shaw
-Chambers

It's exactly why club football isn't particularly interesting anymore. My last wish is that the big spenders have poor seasons and preferably gets relegated. And then I wish the same next season, and so on. I don't have high hopes on getting my wish granted but what's a dream if it isn't un-achievable?

Last edited:
Looks like we're finally going to get Moreno...hope he's worth the 20-23m.
Manquillo also on loan seems to be happening.

Don't know if we're going to get another top striker.
Can't see it being a center forward, may be more like a wing forward similar to Remy.
Not sure who we may try to get.

Liverpool need another striker. Lambert does not seem to be a reliable backup to Sturridge
who is injury prone.

Not sure why we're not getting a decent replacement for Suarez......with 75m received...
All the other transfers were done without planning for Suarez' departure.

Yh you need a ST or a winger that scores. I saw lots of good movement , but finishing is an art itself. No worries LFC will get a player... They're waiting for the surprise player availability imo.

On the plus side.. Sterling is turning into quite the little world beater. Him and Coutinho showed some nice stuff. Especially in the first half.

Sterling is one of those players who is nigh on unstoppable if he's in the mood. His quickness over 2 paces is unrivalled, no decent sized defender is ever going to be able to match that. Was very impressed with him in the first half.

Second United seemed to work out what was up and were much better, real match of 2 halves.

The real worry has to be Gerrard, he's aged about 10 years this off-season! Looks haggard the ole man!

Sterling is one of those players who is nigh on unstoppable if he's in the mood. His quickness over 2 paces is unrivalled, no decent sized defender is ever going to be able to match that. Was very impressed with him in the first half.

Second United seemed to work out what was up and were much better, real match of 2 halves.

The real worry has to be Gerrard, he's aged about 10 years this off-season! Looks haggard the ole man!

I agree about Gerrard...his slip ups against Chelsea and Uruguay have really brought him down.
I can't see him matching last year's form.

Yh you need a ST or a winger that scores. I saw lots of good movement , but finishing is an art itself. No worries LFC will get a player... They're waiting for the surprise player availability imo.

They can't wait too long,...because no-one will be available.
The start to the season is tough, and any new player will take time...

I can't imagine they did not know about Suarez wanting to leave. I'm sure this would have been known
even before the world cup started.

To me it seems like Rodgers does not want another main striker like Suarez.
He wants supporting players, hence he went for Remy, Markovic.
Sanchez would have been brilliant, but alas...

Sterling seems great, and Ibe will take a few more seasons before getting consistent.

But we need one more good wide forward who has a decent scoring record.
Lavezzi and Reus seem impossible to get.

I don't know who else is there.

Back
Top Bottom