Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Geez .. Everton did their job, we didn't :(

Now what? Losing 4-0 in Turin? I'm a die-hard Liverpool, but I just can't take it when they're playing like that in the Premiership, especially Biscan.

crayon said:
Didn't expect 4!:(

No no, what I meant is that IF we indeed played in Turin like we played yesterday, we could have lost even more than 4-0, maybe 5 or 6. Gosh I wish the Lads play with more conviction on Thursday .. CL spot is getting away again ..

Gerrard's probably out of the game at Juve. Groin problem. Step forward Igor...

Might focus us more on the job now Stevie G is doubtful. Didn't particularly affect us last time.

Gerrard defiently out. Looks like it's Xabi and Igor, I wonder if Rafa will go for 5 in midfield...

Sabac Red said:
Gerrard defiently out. Looks like it's Xabi and Igor, I wonder if Rafa will go for 5 in midfield...

Oh no, we're turning into Everton! ;)

I'm getting excited again, I think i'm going to shit. Who'd of thought we'd be in this position in the Champions League? Especially considering this has been the worst season for injuries in living memory. We seem to step up against adversety everytime we've needed to.

Cisse has been named in the squad!!!! :shock:

Last edited:

Cisse is indeed in the squad for the trip, its amazing that he has come back from that injury so quickly. Alonso starting as well by the looks of it. Its going to be tough but I am living in hope

Well that's great news even if we don't meet the scenario of having to throw him on, i'd still like to see him get a 20 minute run out.

I genuinely feel you have a chance tomorrow. What if you can keep it tight until halftime or even score first? It will be up hill for Juve then and if Cisse comes on you can use his pace on the break. If your defence play a blinder then I think you have a great chance.

don't fancy it tomorrow at all, just hope we can come out and play like we did for the first half at anfield and get a goal, i don't want us to sit back as i've seen it in the past where we try to defend then as soon as we concede we find it impossible to step up a gear

hope we go through to play chelsea as we owe the chavs big time and it'll be a pleasure to put them back where they belong ;)

After seeing what happened in Milan today I have nothing but concern for the lives of Liverpudlians tomorrow. Try not to get yourselves killed.

Here's to a good match.

i fear for the liverpool fans...this weekend was violent in italian serie A...and now this by the inter fans....

just hope the game is peaceful, and of course hope we go through on agg.
if we sit back and defend, we will lose.
we have to play like we did against Bayer and try to take the game
to them in a measured way. Let them get onto the back foot for the first
half, get the goal and then let's defend.

EatonTJ said:
After seeing what happened in Milan today I have nothing but concern for the lives of Liverpudlians tomorrow. Try not to get yourselves killed.

Here's to a good match.

agree with that, can't believe the club has been selling tickets to fans making their own travel arrangements, thats just asking for trouble, they should've only made them available to people on official club trips being bussed into the ground before the game then straight back to the airport afterwards

anyway i just hope everyone who's gone over there comes back safely

A score draw and zero deaths tonight please, security will have to be tight after last nights shambles

CWright said:
A score draw and zero deaths tonight please
What a sad day it is that we have come to saying things like that :(.

Hope the reds can do it tonight. It would be brilliant if they could go through as we'd definately have an English team in the CL final. Brilliant for English football.

Come on you reds!

PoolVJuve.jpg

Heard loads of horror stories on the Talksport brekkie show this morning. Hope everything is okay but I can't say I'd have much faith in the police over there.

Anyway, here's to a good game. Cheers! *holding beer up*

crayon said:
Heard loads of horror stories on the Talksport brekkie show this morning. Hope everything is okay but I can't say I'd have much faith in the police over there.

Anyway, here's to a good game. Cheers! *holding beer up*

same here, i was in rome in 2001 and the police kicked off big time in the airport on the way home, they just waded in with batons for no reason and forced people onto any flights back to the uk just to get us out of the country, also know a couple of mancs who've been to turin and milan a couple of times and have had problems with little or no protection from the police

however there were a couple of isolated incidents last night

"Police in Turin have detained eight Juventus supporters following an attack on a visiting fan from Liverpool late on Tuesday night.

The assault happened around midnight, less than 24 hours before the start of Juventus' Champions League quarter-final second leg against Liverpool at the Delle Alpi.

Security for the game is high as the contest is between the two teams involved in the Heysel Stadium disaster 20 years ago, when 39 spectators died as a result of crowd trouble.

The Liverpool fan received treatment on the scene but did not go to hospital.

Turin police spokeswoman Cecilia Tartoni said: "Last night, a group of Juventus fans entered a pub in the city centre where a group of English supporters were.

"There was an argument, and a Liverpool fan was hit in the head with a bat by one of the Juventus fans.

"The Liverpool fan received medical attention in the pub. He did not have to go to hospital, and the prognosis is that he will recover in seven days. He will still go to the game tonight."

Tartoni said that police acted swiftly after the attack.

"Twenty Juventus fans were stopped by the police," she said.

"We searched the vehicles, and their homes and we found baseball bats and other weapons. Eight of them have been detained by police for being in possession of arms."

Meanwhile, police were called to a city centre hotel in Turin on Wednesday amid fears that a group of Juventus fans were threatening to assault Liverpool supporters.

Liverpool Echo reporter Tony Barrett had just interviewed English fans ahead of tonight's Champions League game between the sides and had stepped outside the Star Hotel Majestic to take a photograph of the supporters when the trouble began.

Hotel staff telephoned police.

Barrett said: "Five Juventus hooligans came towards the hotel carrying bottles and a white stick."

Words were exchanged but no fighting occurred and the Juventus fans ran from the scene and were gone by the time the two police vans and an ambulance pulled up outside the hotel entrance.

Police did stop another group of Juventus fans and searched them for weapons but none was found."

Sounds like a lovely place.....although I have no doubt it is organised by the minority "ultra" types or whatever they're called.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well Im gonna watch the Pre-Match....... well Forza Juve. And I hope we dont cause any trouble to your fans. :(

Forza Juve.

Back
Top Bottom