Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

crayon said:
Certainly put Nedved and Del Piero in the shade - Camoranese would look good in a red shirt:D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: your joking right, btw: hes way better with the Bianco Neri;)

crayon said:
I see even the Italian media had a go at some of the fans.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050406/2/a5or.html

It was the Juve Ultras - they're as bad in italy as well. You should see some of the torino-juve derbies of the past. Or last year Milan-Juve they wrecked the streets of Milan by flipping cars.

They were partially the reason why Van Der Saar left in 2001 - they were singing abusive chants against him because he was going through a bad spell and was dutch.

Theyre not racist or anything, just hard to crack and assholes.

ok now your just Jealous 8)
Just because Buffon is better than DIDA dont get jealous :lol: \\:o/

well at any rate, what the scousers did was class, as a matter of fact, they were apart on the pitch and it was big of them to make that mural that spelt 'Amicizia'

good on them

*EDIT*bloody fucking hell juve11, do you not realize that this is a liverpool thread? ffs just have something constructive to say about liverpool or get out. youve had your (several) inputs about the match as it is... please

-fb

ok whatever,
Thuram played very well, if Del Piero cant keep up and doesnt get any better, then thuram deserves to be captain.

in last two cl games at home, one of your keepers has cracked and let in an easy goal to give away team hope.pity hey, just hope for you lots sake that you dont regret it at juventus ground.

csaunders said:
Zambrotta has to be the best left back in the world, that guy is pure class and skill and tough on d, what a player...

He sure is... and he isn't even in his best form. You should've seen him last season!

Yeah now your speaking my language:D
Hes fast good at dribbling, trys hard and amazing finish.

Don Domenico said:
He sure is... and he isn't even in his best form. You should've seen him last season!
a bit off topic, don i wnat your thoughts now on rooney, after all that bad mouthing you did last year... post in manu forum

csaunders said:
a bit off topic, don i wnat your thoughts now on rooney, after all that bad mouthing you did last year... post in manu forum

All my bad mouthing was mainly directed to Cristiano Ronaldo though, I'll post in the manu forum in a little while though.

I think Liverpool deserved to win 2:1, our first half
performance blew them away.
We were lucky in the end that Juventus did not make
it 2:2.
This gives us a great chance to go through,
and I think we will just make it.
The only way to do so is to score first in Turin.
If they score first, then we will go out I'm afraid.
We have to play like we did against Leverkusen and
hit them hard in the first half.
Baros, Garcia, Gerrard and Riise will need to
form a good counter-attacking combination to push
Juve back into their half.
I think Alonso should be given a chance in this match.

crayon said:
I see even the Italian media had a go at some of the fans.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050406/2/a5or.html

it was a small minority of ultras near the front who turned their backs to the mosaic/friendship banner, i was pretty close to the juve fans but was near the back of the stand and from what i could see most of them appreciated the gestures, and their support in general was good natured although i did hear some chants about english animals

i was drinking in a pub in town after the game with some english based italians and had a good chat about it, a lot of juve supporters are still angry with their club, uefa and the authorities in belgium because they think the whole thing has been swept under the carpet for 20 years, i can also understand them still being angry with liverpool, i know things have been done in the past to try to build bridges but nothing has been done like last night which is a shame, 20 years is far too long and some sort of friendly should've been played years ago to give us a chance to apologise for our part in the disaster, i think the criticism the juve supporters have had in the italian media is unfair, put it this way the sun printed vile lies about us days after hillsborough and have never printed an acceptable appology, now 16 years later many people on merseyside and liverpool supporters in general will never forgive them and will never buy the rag again, why should it be any different for juve's supporters?

anyway i stayed in the ground for a while after the final whistle, after about 10-15 minutes the ground was mostly empty apart from a few liverpool fans still hanging around and the juve supporters, steven gerrard and about 8 other players came out to warm down wearing juventus shirts, they got a massive reception from all the juve supporters which i thought was great

kevano22 said:
lets all remeber the bolton game, luis garcia, clearly onside, got given off side

what goes around comes around

http://www.freewebs.com/kevano22/liverpoolvsjuve.htm

some vids from the kop

have you got a longer version of fields of anfield road?

i've been looking for some good liverpool songs to import into pes4/we8 but can't find any and one's i've recorded on my phone at games sound shit, just wondered if you had a longer version as it sounds great but cuts out early so doesn't sound good when it's looped

nice videos by the way, looks like you were sat in block 202 which is my normal spec

Last edited:

yeh was block 202

i only got them vids, i got a few more on the pc but there just of players warming up n stuff sorry

Read that Owen would'nt mind coming back to Liverpool, since he does not want
to sit on the Real bench any more.
If he comes back, what guarantee will he have of first team football here
with Cisse, Morientes and Baros.
Especially with Rafa's love of the 4-5-1 formation.

mathewsss said:
Read that Owen would'nt mind coming back to Liverpool, since he does not want
to sit on the Real bench any more.
If he comes back, what guarantee will he have of first team football here
with Cisse, Morientes and Baros.
Especially with Rafa's love of the 4-5-1 formation.

If there's any truth in that I for one would not want him back at the club, Liverpool are going forward not backwards and also if we don't sell Diouf then that's another striker and with everybody hopefully fit next season that's 7 strikers available

Owen is a player who comes from the same area as me, yet I don't want to see him back at Liverpool for two reasons. Firstly, his heart isn't in it for Liverpool or he would have signed a contract - he was holding them to ransom. Secondly, when he played for us, it had the problem, like Everton had with Ferguson, of going route one - although we were booting high balls up to someone who ain't exactly tall.;)

Same here, I'm not keen on Owen coming back.
He's not the kind of player who would fit into Rafa's formation
anyway, plus his reasons are'nt that good either....it's not like
he's dying to come back....he's just saying that he would'nt mind
coming back...I'm sure there are other clubs in europe he can go to.

Baros is being targetted by Valencia, which is a bit unsettling.
He may have his flaws, but I like him as a player. His skill level
is great, and his finishing can only get better.

Baros is as quick as the wind too...

Liverpool lose their 6th out of 9 after a Champions League game, this time in the last moments of the Man City game. Looks like we're gonna have to win the damn thing to qualify.:(

Fuckin typical, and I bet Everton lose tomorrow as well now

crayon said:
Baros is as quick as the wind too...

Liverpool lose their 6th out of 9 after a Champions League game, this time in the last moments of the Man City game. Looks like we're gonna have to win the damn thing to qualify.:(

we'll still finish 4th, i never felt confident of getting anything at city anyway as you just don't which team is gonna turn up (both liverpool and city) so i've always thought the gap could be back to 4 points this weekend, the important thing is we win our remaining home games against spurs, 'boro and villa and get points from portsmouth and palace as i don't think everton will pick up many more points after today, in fact i think our biggest competition will come from bolton

I strongly dislike Baros, everytime he gets the ball he just fucking runs with it, head down and run, never fucking looks up for a pass. The amount of times where a simple 5-yard pass from him might've created a scoring opportunity...

I would have been happy with the point, looks like the players minds were on wednesday's game.

lets hope Andy Johnson finds his form back today...

crayon said:
Baros is a bit frustrating isn't he? Guess he's still young...

I suppose, but he needs a lot of improving before he can match his hype. Hopefully Benitez is the man to show him the way

Back
Top Bottom