Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Milanista said:
2-2 would be a fair result imo. From a neutral point of view Liverpool deserved the game in the firs thalf, but juve were much better in the 2nd. Del Piero's header was onside, even by looking at the replays - the post was unlucky - and the goal was deserved.

I agree with that, thats what Id say from a neutral point too

Was it given?

No is the answer, thats all we need to know

I hate all the whining and bitching that happens after games.

Referee's make one wrong decision and they get slated. They have the hardest job in football. The best thing that happens to ref's is when they don't get mentioned at all!!! NOBODY ever stops and says that was a good decision or he got it right, they never highlight the good points, only the bad.

The people that piss me off the most are the commentators/pundits. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! Do they know the laws of Association Football??? No, so shut up till you do!!!

Sorry to hi-jack the Liverpool thread. Just needed to have a good moan there I'm afraid.

P.S. Good luck for the 2nd leg, while I'm here!

People mention the ref because his decision can influence the game. What would happen if it was 2-1 in the first half? I know some people will go it wasnt so who cares, but it sets up the beautiful discussions of football!!!!

I thought the ref did well not booking anyone at all in the game, he let the game flow as much as he could and imo had a good game

Yeah he wasn't too bad, couple of decisions that I thought should have gone the other way. Carragher was fouled twice up in the Kop corner but neither given! :lol:

Look at me, being a hypocrite! Hehe.

An absolutely cracking first 40 minutes by Liverpool. If they can do that for the first half in Turin there's no reason they cant go thru. Sadly i just cant see it happening.

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

i was in the kop tonight, atmosphere was incredible. i got a few videos on my pc ill upload them soon.

the fellas behind we saying how Sh!t the juventus fans were for away fans, because you only heard them when they scored, then it was back to us liverpool supporters singing for the rest of the match

ive lost my voice now, but it was worth it, what a great night and a super goal from garcia.

p.s i though this was a bit sad, in the one minutes silence, all the juventus fans decided theyd jeer and make noises, which was a bit disrespectful...

Milanista said:
Carson imo had a good game too, looks like a better keeper than Dudek... but this is judging by 1 game.
Is a good goalkeeper, but I prefer the polish yet.

kevano22 said:
i was in the kop tonight, atmosphere was incredible. i got a few videos on my pc ill upload them soon.

the fellas behind we saying how Sh!t the juventus fans were for away fans, because you only heard them when they scored, then it was back to us liverpool supporters singing for the rest of the match

ive lost my voice now, but it was worth it, what a great night and a super goal from garcia.

p.s i though this was a bit sad, in the one minutes silence, all the juventus fans decided theyd jeer and make noises, which was a bit disrespectful...

i was in block 127 in the lower annie road, yeah the atmosphere was great tonight but i'd just like to add thats it's traditional in italy to cheer through a minutes silence, just their way of showing respect

also after the game they gave the liverpool supporters (who were still in the ground 5 minutes after the final whistle) a round of applause, just hope they're just as generous in turin :)

anyway back to the game, we were brilliant for 45 minutes and could of easily been further in front at half time, having said that carson pulled off a couple of good saves in the first half plus there was the del piero goal that was ruled offside (not seen it on tv so i've no idea if it was right decision or not)

second half we seemed to be a bit negative but i think the turning point for juve was when trezeguet came on for del piero, we seemed to lose the initiative and i don't know why because after the first 45 minutes juve were there for the taking and we ended up giving them a way back into the tie

having said that, after everything we've been through this season i must say i'm happy with what rafa's achieved, i doubt any other team (except maybe chelsea) could've coped with all the injury problems and been in a strong position to finish 4th, got to a cup final and then got to the last eight of the cl and scored 2 goals against juve who had only conceded 2 goals in the tournament prior to this game

i'm not too bothered now if we go through or not (i'd love it if we do) as i think we've proved what we're capable of and with a stable squad next season i think we'll close the gap on the top 3 teams plus do well in europe again

LPE102040515_1024x768.jpg

09.jpg

52591342.jpg

52591270.jpg

LPE106040515_1024x768.jpg

LON825040516_lower.jpg

I was very pleased with the result last night Liverpool played the first half like they were on a mission, we really should have had this tie over with in the first half. I don't think Juventus knew what hit them but you could see slowly that they were getting in the game Ibrahimovic hitting the post, the Del Piero chance which was superbly saved by Carson, the disallowed goal which was onside. Overall it was a deserved victory and I hope we can take the same tempo to Turin 'cause it is undoubtedly gonna be the hardest game of the season

My two cents.
Great goals from Liverpool. Fantastic first half from Liverpool, Juventus were the better team in the second half. IMHO opinion Biscan is not good enough and they lost it there. Hope Liverpool goes through.
About the disallowed "goal": yes he was onside, but what most of you people forgot: when he (Del Piero???) put the ball in the goal, the rest of the players clearly had stopped playing. So it's rather silly to pretend that Juventus scored a valid goal...Liverpool (and Juventus with the exception of Del Piero) had stopped playing...So if the linesman would have got it right, the play would have gone through and it remains to be seen if that ball would have ended in goal...
The fact that nobody protested says enough...

Last edited:

I have to say I was very dissapointed with juve's performance last night.
We really played without any gameplan, and we looked brainless when going forward. No cohesion(sp?) whatsoever, while I thought we were famous for our teamwork?
We weren't compact at all, played too many longballs(to DP ?!?!?!) and all our attacks looked pointless.

After the first goal I immediately had the feeling, If we were to score goal it would not come from one of our attackers. And it seems I was right, Cannavaro scored the goal.

The second half looked a little better than the first half, it seemed our team finally woke up. Especially Thuram's and Cannavaro's performances were amazing in the second half, shame though... as it came two goals to late.
We were a lot more aggresive in the second half and finally started passing the ball around a bit.

Although Trezeguet's perfomance left a lot to be asked of, our overall teamplay looked better and more effective after he came on. We finally had someone we could play the ball to upfront. We suddenly had a target. As both Dp and Ibra(despite his strength and size) aren't really target man.

I also really disagreed with Capello starting Nedved, I'm 100% convinced we would've performed a lot better if we had the started with the 4-3-3 we had been 'excelling' with these last weeks.
Nedved lost the ball very often and simply did not look sharp. He DID have some very threatening passes once in a while though and besides the second half Camo he was the only threatening looking player.

Olivera would've been good against Liverpool as well, as some gutsy pace and dribbling seemed to be the thing that could hurt liverpool's defence(ala Camo's incredible dribble in the second half). So maybe we should give Olivera a chance as right winger upfront in the 4-3-3 next week.
I also like Zlatan's idea with Camoranesi as playmaker, I doubt we'll use it though..

So for next week I hope Capello reverts to the 4-3-3 (with or without nedved), or we should hope Nedved finds the fountain of youth and plays an incredible game.

Despite all of this, i'm still confident we can make it through. I know Capello can fix things and that we are able to play a lot more aggresive from start to end( ala vs madrid).

Great game, great result, I wanted Liverpool to win but it has to be said the ref was a real "home ref". Two cracking goals for Liverpool, regarding the Del Piero offside goal, sure he was given offside when he wasn't, but in the first 5 minutes Le Tallec? Was also given offside when he wasn't, sure he hadn't scored but it's still the same ;)

bobogol said:
juve_epa.jpg

Some fans are still bitter.

They look like nice people....

I thought Liverpool played as well as they could have done, and to go to the 2nd leg with a lead is great. Shame Carson gifted them their goal as he had a good game.

I reckon its gonna be tight over there and the good thing is that its still in your hands. Good luck for the 2nd leg.

If I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't fancy going to Turin judging by the picture above, looks like they will be out for revenge.

Great result, I was impressed with the way we went at them from the first go.
Closed players like Emerson and Nedved down the center and didn't give away any stupid free-kicks from a dangerous position.

Too bad for Carson(i see some negative press towards him this morning), yes it was a bad error but we shouldn't let it bother us for the second leg.

Now all we need is a morale boosting away win at City over the weekend.

Zambrotta has to be the best left back in the world, that guy is pure class and skill and tough on d, what a player... good first half from pool, but looks like gerd is right biscan let them down, i was surprised rafa did not bring in alonso too settle down the game a bit

Biscan certainly didn't perform as well as he has done in Europe this year. As for Zambrotta, what a player! The thing that I liked most about the match was that because Liverpool dictated the play in the first half, Juventus had to come out attacking second half, instead of their usual (and let me say, very effective) counter-attacking style. Made it a good one to watch.

As for going to Turin, looking at that picture I think you'd have to have a screw loose.

But A great pass by Camoranese, and you Liverpool guys have to believe it;)

Certainly put Nedved and Del Piero in the shade - Camoranese would look good in a red shirt:D

Back
Top Bottom