Liverpool Thread

NO, we can´t be that stupid to agree selling him under his real price...there is no other player like him right now...if Real pay 100 mil or in that area for Bale, CR...we should demand the same for Suarez. We again will end up as someones bitch in transfer market....without any dignity...

he ALONE was responsible for 44 LFC goals last season, scoring zero from penalty´s, 31 goals with 19 assists, creating 14 penaltys himself +-, and that all with 5 matches not playing at all because of his ban..

Ban or no ban, biting or no biting...this is a guy who should not be sold for less than 100m euro, if Barcelona offer 85 milion pounds, they can take him, no problem... but he´s an outstanding player who is never injured, and if he´s injured, he will recover quickly..

We as a club depend on him next season in league and CL, he´s the player that makes us stronger only having him on team list...And we will not replace what he offers us in attack... especially not agreeing to sell for 75 mil. euro...

I realy hope Henry will make a statement before we make the bigest mistake we could.

i trust Henry...he needs to ask Barcelona what are they smoking at Nou Camp if the 75 mil. bid is true..

It is going to be 75M pounds. Sport, Mundodeportivo and all those Barcelona instruments may say otherwise, but it is going to be pounds, not euros. And it is going to be not a pound below the release clause.

It is going to be 75M pounds. Sport, Mundodeportivo and all those Barcelona instruments may say otherwise, but it is going to be pounds, not euros. And it is going to be not a pound below the release clause.

great then, hope we move on..

somehow we have talent to find strikers, with Torres, Suarez, Sturridge... and i don´t worry..

it´s that Suarez is much more than a striker for us... it will be a blow to not have him in CL next season, big blow for us... even with the money we get...

we need to fill his place with a top player, not just a prospect..

There is no way we are going to be able to replace his offensive contribution with just one player. We should be looking to buy two very good fullbacks and two players that can play wide or central.

great then, hope we move on..

somehow we have talent to find strikers, with Torres, Suarez, Sturridge... and i don´t worry..

it´s that Suarez is much more than a striker for us... it will be a blow to not have him in CL next season, big blow for us... even with the money we get...

we need to fill his place with a top player, not just a prospect..

And Keane, Crouch, Carroll, Aspas etc. :P

Will be interesting to see what the actual fee will be. 63mil pounds seems slightly low for what he brings to the team. But overall very reasonable for a 27 y.o. who misses nearly a quarter of every season when the buying team already has another two match winning stars.

Would be really happy if the club can squeeze 75mil. pounds out of Barca though!

Kuyt? he was a great player for us in Benitez era...not just a striker, in fact he barely played as a striker...

about Baros and Cisse i think they were good for us as well.. nevermind they played in Istanbul final and scored their penalty´s to win it.

Yeah by that sentence i mean we can find always someone that will carry the team with his goals...

should i start writing about Arsenals´s flop strikers...

Chamakh, Park Chu-Young, Vela, Gervinho, Bendtner, Sanogo etc..

Kuyt? he was a great player for us in Benitez era...not just a striker, in fact he barely played as a striker...

about Baros and Cisse i think they were good for us as well.. nevermind they played in Istanbul final and scored their penalty´s to win it.

Yeah by that sentence i mean we can find always someone that will carry the team with his goals...

should i start writing about Arsenals´s flop strikers...

Chamakh, Park Chu-Young, Vela, Gervinho, Bendtner, Sanogo etc..

can you call Vela and Bendtner flops? they were brought in very young for the future, If you start calling all of these players flops, then you can add about 5 flops every couple of seasons for every team. Are they only flops because they were put in the first team and never fulfilled their potential at the club? i'm not so sure.

I think a flop has to be a player that was bought to play in the first team from the off.

therefore Chamakh, park chu-young (even though it is a mystery why he was bought) are definite flops.

I think Gervinho played ok and wasn't necessarily a flop he had some bad games and good games.

and if you are classing Sanogo already as a flop then you are getting very petty indeed, he is young and was brought in for the future and has only been here a season?!

but I do believe the debate is floored on both sides, all teams and managers have quite a lot of flops to their names, no point arguing who had the most flops or not :LOL: it is futile.

Of course it made divisions between us the fans, people have opinions about our players all the time. But he will not be sold in my mind. Henry knows better than anyone than Suarez will be crucial and he will help us get to that throphy next season. That is if he doesn't act up when using our uniform. Either way, he will be staying for sure.
Say that again? Haha his off.

I think it will be good for you.

Get another top striker in (obviously not as good as Suarez, but still)

then you also have money to get in a couple of decent defenders to strengthen you and make your team even stronger for the upcoming season.

I think it will be good for you.

Get another top striker in (obviously not as good as Suarez, but still)

then you also have money to get in a couple of decent defenders to strengthen you and make your team even stronger for the upcoming season.
Agree in theory. But, if the defenders that we are going to bring in are Bertrand and Lovren then yes, this is definitely going to set us backwards a few years and we will remember this transfer summer as a missed opportunity to consolidate a top 4 position.

I still don't rate Rogers to be honest. If you had a proven world class manager I would say you won't go backwards with Suarez gone..

Time will tell

I don't trust him in the transfer market. Every time we are linked to mediocre british players like Ashley Williams, Bertrand, Caulker, etc I suspect it is because he is the one that wants them. Then, the scouts and the statistics folks of the committee turn those options down. But, the fact that he wants to sign those type of players in the first place is worrying and he is clearly getting more and more power in the structure of the club.
Fuck, we're back at the top level after 5 years. We have the biggest transfer budget in years, we should be looking to sign players like Hummels, like Ricardo Rodriguez, players that are world class or are going to be world class.

Shaqiri and Sanchez would complete our attack!

I would rather continua with skrtel/agger and sakho than Lovren , also we have that guy we loan to Granada and Coates , Flanagan/Johnson right , Enrique left , we don't have to spend £35-40milion on Bernard and Lovren better go for a top striker with that money.

Shaqiri and Sanchez would complete our attack!

I would rather continua with skrtel/agger and sakho than Lovren , also we have that guy we loan to Granada and Coates , Flanagan/Johnson right , Enrique left , we don't have to spend £35-40milion on Bernard and Lovren better go for a top striker with that money.

Imo Sakho is a liability, seriously. He just seems to be napping through most games, he is clearly talented but someone get him a damn Lucozade!

Skrtel also is an average defender, that some people allow the fact he scores a few get overlooked.

Agger is good, but isn't he a bit injury prone? I doubt you can rely on him to maintain a whole season in Europe and Domestic competition.

You need a real renovation at the back if you want to maintain and win your challenge!

Yeah was done yesterday when all the reports came out.

The rest is just 'official' statements but the deals in place.

So apparently Bertrand has signed. Bizarre, awful, horrible kind of signing.
I would like to think that we are selling Jose Enrique, this is just a backup and now Dave Fallows will sign a proper left back.

Back
Top Bottom