Liverpool Thread

i am seeing outside red, i would agree on your argument if Hodgson or Dalglish were our managers..but Rodgers made a damn good job here, and i think players who want to achieve something and push their careers forward coming from another club would like to work under Rodgers... perhaps the problem for Liverpool might be that London is better city for life than Liverpool...perhaps that is also a reason that many players don´t want to join if they have better opportunity for life..

My mistake then, let see what players come in then. I don`t think Manchester is any different to Liverpool in that aspect . Let`s just say money in wages is vital to some. Didn`t Suarez sign (5) year extension worth 200k a week? this year...

Ive seen a couple of people say it now about players prefering London to Liverpool as one of the only reasons a player would go to Arsenal rather than Liverpool.

If I was a player looking at Liverpool, i would think suspect defence, Gerrard aint getting any younger, Suarez might be off. They did well in the league last season, but were knocked out of the cups early and didnt have any European games either. Still alot of qusstions to be answered.

Then Arsenal, have a decent defence, spent along time ontop of the league last season, Won the Fa Cup, have a proven manager, go into the Champions league every season and perform well and progress most seasons. Really only need a top striker to really push on if they keep the current squad. state of the art stadium and infrastructure.

Lets get a bit of perspective, you had a decent season last season, but to think all players would prefer Liverpool over Arsenal and the only reason players wouldnt is because of theor location is just barmy in my opinion :-)

It's pretty close

LFC have a more ambitious manager and I'd always be worried about AFC selling their best players

Last edited:
It's pretty close

LFC have a more ambitious manager and I'd always be worried about AFC selling their best players

Why is BR more ambitious? Because he hasn't won as much?

And you wouldnt be worried if you were a football player with brains and understood the situation :SMUG: :PP

Anyway even if it is close, the comments pretty much saying that the only reason a player would choose Arsenal over Liverpool is because they are in London is just silly.

Ive seen a couple of people say it now about players prefering London to Liverpool as one of the only reasons a player would go to Arsenal rather than Liverpool.

If I was a player looking at Liverpool, i would think suspect defence, Gerrard aint getting any younger, Suarez might be off. They did well in the league last season, but were knocked out of the cups early and didnt have any European games either. Still alot of qusstions to be answered.

Then Arsenal, have a decent defence, spent along time ontop of the league last season, Won the Fa Cup, have a proven manager, go into the Champions league every season and perform well and progress most seasons. Really only need a top striker to really push on if they keep the current squad. state of the art stadium and infrastructure.

Lets get a bit of perspective, you had a decent season last season, but to think all players would prefer Liverpool over Arsenal and the only reason players wouldnt is because of theor location is just barmy in my opinion :-)

after that i call the player up and show him this:

liverpool_arsenal_sk%C3%B3ra_14.jpg

sorry, i had to do it :D

Why is BR more ambitious? Because he hasn't won as much?

And you wouldnt be worried if you were a football player with brains and understood the situation :SMUG: :PP

Anyway even if it is close, the comments pretty much saying that the only reason a player would choose Arsenal over Liverpool is because they are in London is just silly.

I'm immune to propaganda :SHAKE:

If it was a straight shoot between the two I think more would favor Arsenal, just.

Liverpool need to break that PL voodoo for people to not see them as a 'sleeping giant'

I can't imagine there are many players on the continent who would bypass the opportunity to work with Arsene Wenger for the opportunity to work with Brendan Rodgers.

One season. Hold your horses.

Here on the continent Liverpool is still by far the most popular English team.
And if being a player, i had the choice between Arsene and Rodgers, i would go for the exciting new manager, not for Wenger who lost some of his Mojo imho, and i'm a big admitrer of Wenger.

Here on the continent Liverpool is still by far the most popular English team.
And if being a player, i had the choice between Arsene and Rodgers, i would go for the exciting new manager, not for Wenger who lost some of his Mojo imho, and i'm a big admitrer of Wenger.

liverpool have a great history and are a huge club no doubt, obviously some players will prefer Liverpool to Arsenal.

My point is that the only reason Players want to go to Arsenal and not Liverpool isnt only because they are situated in London. it's a ridiculously arrogant view and not based on reality.

Lets see if Livepool and Rodgers can fight for the league again this season, have a decent run in the domestic cups AND get out of their group in the Champs league.

BR has done a great job amd he will probably do much better, it must be exciting for Liverpool after these past years, but some perspective needs to be had here.

Let's all face it, NO player has preference to a club anymore. Regardless of if the team they play for is THEIR team.

They are employees. They go where the best deal for them is.
Wages and location come very high up the list for the modern footballer as to what is important.

They can all claim to be at their boyhood club or it's always been a dream growing up to play in this or that colour shirt but make no mistake, the second the grass looks greener over the road, they are OFF!!!!

More often than not though, that grass that looked green from a distance, is full of dog shit.

Bobby, i see your point and i totally agree with it.
My post was directed to the Man Utd boys in here...they are far too negative about Liverpool. You know i can't stand these rivalries...it's just like the Spurs fans who were delighted that one of Vertonghen's shots against South Korea went wide and hit an Arsenal fan...for them that was a better outcome than that being goal...

The Man Utd fans in here are not on that abysmal level, but sometimes they are rather prejudiced (we have it all, i'm not strange to it either). The i go into mother Theresa mode and defend Liverpool...

Jonnyluvrod, i also agree with your post, although one ca ask the question if that is really due to the players or their managers...the world would be a better place without them.

All this "Barca's opened talks over Suarez" news, is all just smokescreen by Barca, the media's just feeding what Barca's propaganda machine telling them, and yes it's selling, But ..

WE. ARE. NOT. SELLING. SUAREZ.

No matter what Suarez's uncle is saying, no matter what Barca's legends are saying, No matter what MU fans are saying. The ball is in our hands and in nobody else's hand. We love him as a LFC player. End of story.

So start preparing for him next season rivals, we are gunning for the championship.

Last edited:
All this "Barca's opened talks over Suarez" news, is all just smokescreen by Barca, the media's just feeding what Barca's propaganda machine telling them, and yes it's selling, But ..

WE. ARE. NOT. SELLING. SUAREZ.

No matter what Suarez's uncle is saying, no matter what Barca's legends are saying, No matter what MU fans are saying. The ball is in our hands and in nobody else's hand. We love him as a LFC player. End of story.

So start preparing for him next season rivals, we are gunning for the championship.
You are selling him. His gone mate. Off to barca for whatever fee they agree on. His not loved by Liverpool fans. Only you. Many Liverpool fans are embarrassed by him

You are selling him. His gone mate. Off to barca for whatever fee they agree on. His not loved by Liverpool fans. Only you. Many Liverpool fans are embarrassed by him

i don´t need to love him, i love the points he wins for us..

as long as he scores, the club will try to keep him..

im curious about the club reaction to all, still no news about that..

seems like we gonna stick to:

£80m or £50m + Sanchez , IF Suarez has to leave than I would rather go for £50m + Sanchez.

we should play it cool and don't listen to any offer lower than that, even if barca coms with £79m we should stick at 80 :SMUG:

I would love Suarez to stay but if he wants to go this bad and Barca really want him they should pay if not keep him.

one thing its sure, it will be "impossible" to replace him at LFC, he's really good and I don't see any other striker as good as him in world now, but with Sturridge , Sanchez (if we manage to get him), Lallana , Sterling, Coutinho + maybe add Shaqiri/Markovic than our atack isn't bad at all, Enrique is back from injury I think we need a good midfielder to replace Gerrard also a right defender to replace Glen (all tho Flanagan can do the job too) and we are good to go

----------------Sturridge--

Shaqiri/------Sterling/Coutinho-------------Sanchez
Lallana

---------Henderson-----Allen/Can-----

Enrique------------------------Flanagan
-----------Sakho----Skrtel-------------

-----------Mignolet/Reina-------------

with bench of Shaqiri/Lallana , Sterling/Countinho , Johnson , Gerrard , Lambert , Agger , Reina. out team look really good also bench strong with player who can com in and make difference.

Bobby, i see your point and i totally agree with it.
My post was directed to the Man Utd boys in here...they are far too negative about Liverpool. You know i can't stand these rivalries...it's just like the Spurs fans who were delighted that one of Vertonghen's shots against South Korea went wide and hit an Arsenal fan...for them that was a better outcome than that being goal...

The Man Utd fans in here are not on that abysmal level, but sometimes they are rather prejudiced (we have it all, i'm not strange to it either). The i go into mother Theresa mode and defend Liverpool...

Jonnyluvrod, i also agree with your post, although one ca ask the question if that is really due to the players or their managers...the world would be a better place without them.

Hi Gerd, sorry I only quoted you to highlight your point that some people will obviously prefer Liverpool.

The rest wasnt directed at you :-) i just wanted to make my point clear.

Liverpool are willing to "pay" £30m if they give Sanchez as part of "Suarez" deal, in this way Barca has to pay £60m + Sanchez (if they sell him £20m to Arsenal).

can't see Barca selling Sanchez for £20m tho

i don´t need to love him, i love the points he wins for us..

as long as he scores, the club will try to keep him..

im curious about the club reaction to all, still no news about that..

many liverpool fans are embarassed by him and he certainly is not worshipped and loved by liverpool fans anymore.

Your fans have class

19.4m? Wenger's spent too much time in the sun

Well mind you, the figure for sanchez price on hsi head is 30m in euros not poounds so arsenal are not far off.

infact we are only 6m shy so it is basically a typical arsenal bid of bidding just a bit lower then the asking figure LOL

many liverpool fans are embarassed by him and he certainly is not worshipped and loved by liverpool fans anymore.

Your fans have class

Of course it made divisions between us the fans, people have opinions about our players all the time. But he will not be sold in my mind. Henry knows better than anyone than Suarez will be crucial and he will help us get to that throphy next season. That is if he doesn't act up when using our uniform. Either way, he will be staying for sure.

It's OK Koolaje, I thought I'd post this

grief-five-stages.jpg

So we can all assess which stage your at, ah! Denial. There we go. :))

Back
Top Bottom