Liverpool Thread

Liverpool don't need Suarez.
They already proved that they are good without him.
This may even be a blessing in disguise. Rodgers can exploit this: us against the world mentality.

Liverpool don't need Suarez.
They already proved that they are good without him.
This may even be a blessing in disguise. Rodgers can exploit this: us against the world mentality.

When does the CL start? Think that'll be the key. I agree they don't need him on last year's schedule - 1 match a week they handled fine.

The one time in their season when it was more hectic (around xmas) they were terrible.

He misses half of their CL group games.

Best thing is that he misses our match. Won't have to put up with his cheating

Aug 16: Liverpool v Southampton
Aug 23: Manchester City v Liverpool
Aug 30: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
Sep 13: Liverpool v Aston Villa
Sep 16: Champions League matchday 1
Sep 20: West Ham United v Liverpool
Sep 23: Capital One Cup Third Round
Sep 27: Liverpool v Everton
Sep 30: Champions League matchday 2
Oct 4: Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion
Oct 18: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool
Oct 21: Champions League matchday 3
Oct 25: Liverpool v Hull City

Last edited:
he has 4 months now to sort his head.

Don´t celebrate just now non-lfc fans..the club is not stupid to sell him, not for cheap anyway...biting or no biting, he is to good and to important for us.

Liverpool have a huge decision to make this summer.
If we don't sell him, then we have to rely on an injury-prone Sturridge, ageing Lambert for goals, unless we shell out the money for another top striker.....can't see that happening.

If we stick with him, there is no guarantee this incident will not happen again...if he bit someone or does anything stupid....they will ban him for the whole season next time !!....honestly I can't see him play in England any more.....

Or we sell Suarez now, and use the money to improve the squad this summer.....
Barca seems to be the best destination for him. Question is will they fork out 75-80m for him
after blowing so much on Neymar last year?

or we will get him a shrink...

i don´t think he is stupid guy, only doesn´t think of consequences of his actions on the pitch..

he might still think he playes on uruguay street barefoot with his friends..

we shouldn´t and will not go under his price no matter what.

i wait with patience on club statement.

I think LFC will do one appeal and we have to see maybe it can go down to 2 months... we do need to sign some new guys tho Sanchez and Shaqiri will be great, hope all rumors about this 2 as "done deals" are true

we shouldn´t and will not go under his price no matter what.

Well, his actions affect the price, so whatever his price was before is not "right" any more.

I'll admit that I think this is extremely funny though but it serves LFC right after all that dickish shit the rest of the squad had to endure to appear supportive of Suarez the last time... Methinks at least one person has to walk alone after this.

Last edited:
:LMAO:

10402007_800724263292918_8321358989500571429_n.jpg

To think that Barça or any team would pay significant money on a tainted player (that may have mental/anger problems [no joking]), that can only compete (or train in a competitive environment) at the end of October is borderline insane. Especially if they suggest to include a raising superstar like Alexis Sánchez (without Messi and Neymar in January of February he looked amazing).
LFC best hope is that he comes more focus than ever to play football (after a period in which he will surely miss the game) and reform himself to not make stupid stuff.
Well... knowing Barça's board of directors everything is possible.

some might roll eyes at me but I think this is definitely best time to cash in, at 27 his price is going to significantly drop post this window along with whatever other incidents he will have (because he will) have in the future furthering people not wanting to be associating with him (Football is a business at the end of the day)

think Carragher said it today, probably best if you cash in at this point.

last season 6 matches and still won the golden boot! I bet they would of won the league too. Now, 9 matches and he could still win golden boot.

Funny how Barca had a ban the was temporary lifted, maybe Liverpool could get a temporary lift or slash a few days maybe to 6 matches.

some might roll eyes at me but I think this is definitely best time to cash in, at 27 his price is going to significantly drop post this window along with whatever other incidents he will have (because he will) have in the future furthering people not wanting to be associating with him (Football is a business at the end of the day)

think Carragher said it today, probably best if you cash in at this point.
Agree. I 've been saying we should consider selling him now before bite 3 happened

Good all round player, suitable for our style of play, has goal, assist, can dribble, contributes defensively. We are clearly overpaying though.

Good all round player, suitable for our style of play, has goal, assist, can dribble, contributes defensively. We are clearly overpaying though.

25m is way too much....he's not young like Hendo/Allen who have potential...he is the finished product to some extent, so he will be under a lot more pressure to perform.

Did anyone see what Chiellini says about Suarez....he says the ban is too harsh....

Lallana will be a good signing. Means you have 3 creative players in Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana for 2 positions (if Suarez stays/you keep the same formation)

Could also play all 3 whilst Suarez is banned with Studge up top on his own.
Just hoping you don't sign Sanchez

Origi should not go to Liverpool or Spurs. That would be way too soon.
Maybe one loan year to Lille would be the best...

Origi will be loaned for the next season to Lille according to what i read..

btw, Liverpool FC will launch a £25million swoop for Benfica winger Lazar Markovic after wrapping up a deal for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana.

full article:

Barcelona in hot pursuit of Liverpool’s Luis Suárez

Tony Barrett
Published 1 minute ago

Luis Suárez appears to be heading inexorably towards an Anfield exit after Barcelona resolved to sign the controversial forward despite his four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini, the Italy defender, in an incident that has overshadowed the World Cup.

The Barcelona hierarchy held talks in the aftermath of Suárez’s suspension to establish whether or not to continue their pursuit of him, and Luis Enrique, the club’s coach, is understood to have held sway with a passionate appraisal of the qualities that the 27-year-old would bring to the team.

According to reports in Spain, as well as extolling Suárez’s virtues as a player, those in favour of taking the Uruguay striker to the Nou Camp also offered a reminder that Barcelona retained the services of Hristo Stoichkov despite the Bulgarian receiving a two-month ban for stamping on the foot of Urizar Azpitarte, the referee, in 1990.

Liverpool are aware of the growing momentum behind Barcelona’s attempt to sign Suárez, and they are also conscious that the Uruguay striker has a long-held desire to move to Spain. Though Liverpool will not allow Suárez to leave willingly, there is a growing feeling within the club that it would make sense to allow him to depart should they receive an offer approaching the record £85 million fee that Real Madrid paid for Gareth Bale last year.

Barcelona are hoping the controversy surrounding Suárez will convince Liverpool that the time has come to dispense with his services, but Anfield sources maintain there is no prospect of him being allowed to depart in a cut-price deal as a result of his suspension.

While Barcelona believe that Suárez’s ineligibility to take part in any kind of football activities until late October means he should be made available at a discount, given that he would be banned for the first six games of the forthcoming La Liga campaign, Liverpool regard the suspension as irrelevant. There is also bemusement at the idea that Barcelona are seeking a lower fee given reports that Suárez has already agreed a five-year contract in principle with the Catalan club.

Liverpool demonstrated last season that they would not be bullied into selling Suárez when Arsenal made a £40,000,001 for his services and refused to buckle even when the former Ajax player attempted to force the move through. That strength of conviction has not been altered by Suárez’s latest indiscretion and Liverpool will consider allowing him to leave only if their valuation — one that aligns with a buyout clause in his contract — is met.

A growing possibility is that Barcelona will offer Alexis Sánchez in part exchange for Suárez, but although Liverpool have a strong interest in the Chile winger, they would entertain that idea only if there is also a cash adjustment in the region of £50 million in their favour.

That it has now reached the stage where the size of the expected offer will determine Suárez’s future illustrates that Liverpool now accept his departure would allow them to push on with a squad-rebuilding strategy, which looks set to continue with the signing of Adam Lallana from Southampton.

Having already acquired Rickie Lambert for £4 million from the same club, Liverpool brought weeks of negotiations for Lallana to a successful conclusion by agreeing a fee in the region of £25 million for the England player, who is expected to complete his move to Anfield in the next 48 hours.

With a £6 million move for Divock Origi, the Lille and Belgium forward, also close to completion and their interest in Lazar Markovic — the Benfica attacking midfield player who is understood to have a £20 million buyout clause — hardening in recent days, it is becoming increasingly clear that Liverpool are reshaping their forward line.

Suárez’s solicitor, Alejandro Balbi, was in Barcelona yesterday to hold talks with Pere Guardiola, the player’s agent, but claims that they were also meeting with representatives of Liverpool’s
legal department have been dismissed by officials at the Merseyside club.

I don't know about you guys, but we're talking about letting Luis Suarez, a world-class talent leave,
and have people like Adam Lallana and Origi come in? That's a step down....
We should hopefully get someone like Alexis.

I think LFC will not sell Suarez for less than 85m....and why should they? Suarez is as good, if not better than Bale
because he scores a lot more goals, and assists, and has won the Copa America and reached the WC semis
with Uruguay...the fact that he is banned has nothing to do with his price....let Barca and Liverpool not pay
him the salary for the missed time out....but the transfer fee is for the player's value, and should not account for the banned time.

I can see him leaving, his wife and her family are based in Barcelona, and they are more in need of a proper striker than Real Madrid.... I hope Liverpool can move on with a hefty transfer kitty, as long as we spend wisely.
Rodger's record in the transfer market is spotty, so hope we don't make the mistakes Spurs made.

Sanchez + 50 mil. would be a great deal..

i will be sad to see Luis go, but it seems it will happend.

Origi and Lallana are not step down, they fit in Rodgers system..

last year Sturridge and Coutinho were flops and Sterling to young etc etc...

Back
Top Bottom