Liverpool Thread

Yeah, regardless of wether it was club or country where he did it. ban should be for everything.

You wouldn't want to share the pitch with someone who clearly has a few screws loose.

Yeah, regardless of wether it was club or country where he did it. ban should be for everything.

You wouldn't want to share the pitch with someone who clearly has a few screws loose.

In 2002 WC João Pinto (Portugal) punched a ref(:SHOCK:) and got a 4 month ban on ALL competitions (club level included). FIFA has the power to ban him from playing for LFC also.

Ban from all football for the rest of 2014. Punishment for him and protection for others.

LFC might moan but they bought him knowing what he had done whilst at Ajax and have kept him knowing what he has done since.

LFC have reaped rewards from their decision but this was always the risk.
Ahahah keep dreaming

And while being at Ajax he explicitly said that he wasn't the least sorry to have bitten Bakal...

he was after Gerrard as well:

nvp0Tn8.gif

i can only agre...

keane-haaland.jpeg
cantonakick.jpg

don´t want to defend him, but the hypocrisy is just obvious from non-lfc fans who seem to have short memory, if you think of breaking legs, ending careers or kicking fans is imo biger harm than a bite... just theoretically, or at least equal.. Suarez problem is he done it third time now..

pipa why you even bother with them? Suarez scored 31 goals last season missing 6 first games, they know he can score 40 next season since he will be able to play all games (if he doesnt get injured) so it hurts them you should understand... they wish we'll sell him!

I hope he misses the rest of the World cup and half the season with Liverpool and Liverpool fine him half of his wages for that whole period he can't play in.

and while he is out he is forced to see a psychologist/psychiatrist, then when and only when a professional signs him off to say he is safe to go on the field again with other people, is when he can come back.

If you can't see how mental it is to bite someone again, not just after the first time, but the second time when he got banned for so long. He has a screw lose end of story.

there is no reason for him not being able to play for LFC..i can´t think of a reason he should be baned from his club. What he did on international duty should apply on his international matches..

he has bite Ivanovic and got his LFC ban, but he wasn´t baned from Uruguay matches then... as far as i remember.

should be the same way right now.

there is no reason for him not being able to play for LFC..i can´t think of a reason he should be baned from his club.

Because he bit someone, for a third time. There is no defence for it, and allowing him to play any football in the time a ban is in place is beyond ridiculous. I can understand something being chalked up to passion on the pitch, anger and emotion is part of the game, but we expect people to live, learn and develop: He has shown that he is incapable of learning from this. He should imo, be banned from competitive football until such time he can be cleared by a psychiatrist as no longer being a.. well pyscho, really.

Besides if Cantona had come back from his ban for kicking a fan and done it again while with France you would be saying it's a life time ban or something, meaning no offence but you can be a little biased where LFC are concerned to the point of twisting reason!

I see LFC supporters are more concerned with whataboutism than the fact that Suarez has bitten opponents three times. Think, please.

I see LFC supporters are more concerned with whataboutism than the fact that Suarez has bitten opponents three times. Think, please.

I am thinking, the second time he bite it was a PREMIER LEAGUE match..it is the same case - biting in footbll match, so now he should be punished only in international team, as it was incident in international competition.. same way he was punished for Ivanovic bite in club competition only.. i don´t care anymore, just waiting for the outcome..

- So, if a convicted murderer moves to another country and kills again, he should be punished as a first offender?
- If a lawyer is caught committing perjury in a divorce case, he should be allowed to practice criminal cases still?

Besides, the "whataoutism" remark was aimed at all you people bringing in unrelated cases and tries to argue that kicking is worse and so on. The point is when a player breaks the rules of the game in such an outlandish way, of course any eventual punishment could rightfully apply to all competitions. By your logic, Pipa, a player testing positive for doping in the World Cup should be allowed to play respective club football the very next day.

Last edited:
Phil Thompson just said that Sanchez to Liverpool is a done deal.
IF it happens, would it be the biggest signing in decades ? Can 't remember when was the last time we signed a coveted world class player from one of the biggest clubs in the world.

there is no reason for him not being able to play for LFC..i can´t think of a reason he should be baned from his club. What he did on international duty should apply on his international matches..

he has bite Ivanovic and got his LFC ban, but he wasn´t baned from Uruguay matches then... as far as i remember.

should be the same way right now.

The FA don't have the authority to ban him from international football. Whereas FIFA do have authority over UEFA/FA. FIFA banned Beckenbauer from all football recently as well as Barca from the transfer market.

He's a high profile player tho so i think it's unlikely they will go further than an international ban, and a piddly little ban at that.

The FA don't have the authority to ban him from international football. Whereas FIFA do have authority over UEFA/FA. FIFA banned Beckenbauer from all football recently as well as Barca from the transfer market.

He's a high profile player tho so i think it's unlikely they will go further than an international ban, and a piddly little ban at that.

Barca are still active in market, what´s that about then..?

Barca are still active in market, what´s that about then..?

They appealed the ban, pushing proceedings back meaning the punishment couldn't be enforced.

Similar to if a club appeals a ban from a red card, they can do it so they get the players ban suspended until after the appeal but then if the panel decides to uphold the ban it is usually worsened.

IF it happens, would it be the biggest signing in decades ? Can 't remember when was the last time we signed a coveted world class player from one of the biggest clubs in the world.

If true, Liverpool will be absolutely lethal next season. DAMN.

The point is when a player breaks the rules of the game in such an outlandish way, of course any eventual punishment could rightfully apply to all competitions. By your logic, Pipa, a player testing positive for doping in the World Cup should be allowed to play respective club football the very next day.

This isn´t doping though, but a foul, or serious foul play. Same can be said about your logic, if a player for example breaks a leg in international duty, and therefore will cost a lot of money for his club not having him able to play for them, will the FA of his country pay the cost´s of his injury? or his sallary during that time of recovery?

Suarez is LFC employe, but at World cup he is representing Uruguay FA, not LFC... his club should not pay for his actions in his NT with not having him for their games in PL.

Suarez is LFC employe, but at World cup he is representing Uruguay FA, not LFC... his club should not pay for his actions in his NT with not having him for their games in PL.

Again, by your logic your employer shouldn't have to pay you salary if you fall ill during your vacation. Sometimes people just are unavailable for their employers for whatever reason.

You're twisted logic is partially excused though, you're biased and a LFC supporter on top, which aren't generally known for their sensible thought pattern.

A players value is increased with a great WC performance, right? Well, if his actions with the NT shouldn't count if it's negative for the club, it shouldn't when it's positive either. Logic?... nah.

Quite simply, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
ok but was there ever a case that FIFA banned an active player from his club duty or football itself, for something that happend in international match except doping of course..?

I read that too, hope its true , I really like him and you right can't remember when we done that tbh

at what cost? Suarez the other way + money?

i believe it when i see him playing in our shirt :)

Barca are absolutely mad to get rid of Sanchez. Makes absolutely not a lick of sense. One of their best players this season.

I also don't believe they can afford Suarez, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I hope we keep Suarez , Suarez , Sturridge , Sanchez , Sterling , Coutinho damn this is scary , add this a good left back and 1 CMF we can win things next season

Tony Barret:
Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Belgium international Divock Origi. Spurs are also interested but Liverpool lead the race.

Back
Top Bottom