Liverpool Thread

I was actually waiting for some "big" names this summer , thought we'll finally get some good players since we'll play in CL but it seems like all we'll get will be players from Southampton , first Lallana than that other guy (defender dont remember his name) now Lambert

Lallana transfer will be £20m-£25m , Lambert (sky sport say £8m-£10m) , I'll rather go for Shaqiri and Pedro , in my opinion way much better than them

of course, but then again you have to consider their sallary demands and impact that Lambert could make immediatelly since he is proven in PL...

also in my view with this transfer if it happens we are upgrading on Aspas, no need to upgrade on our other attacking players that´s for sure.

£4m - Good price.
Happy to be 3rd choice - I'm sure he knows it.
Lifelong Red - A bonus.
Upgrade on Aspas - Definitely.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned which is important for this particular deal - he qualifies for Club Trained under our Champions League registration rules. We only have Gerrard and Kelly in the squad who qualify as club trained next season.

didn´t know he was already at our club 5 years as a trainee...

this deal makes sense more and more...

Agree with all those reasons you listed. And if we throw Lallana into that and the fact that he has nothing to do with what we have so he would clearly a plan B, it makes a lot of sense.

seems like he'll have medical on saturday!

also
10301586_10152294167874213_8246202461662828586_n.jpg

I don't understand the interest in Lambert at all?

We scored so many goals last season so improving our attack is not a priority. We could have won the league with a better defence so for me, centre backs and full backs IS a priority.
Micah Richards and Lescot would make more sense to move on first.
Along with Moreno, this would improve the area we desperately need sorting first.

THEN maybe look at strengthening our attack with a plan B which is where Lambert would improve us looking at it from the games against Chelsea last season where we couldn't break them down.

I like Lambert but I don't see the urgency to get him over sorting our defence out first?

As long as you get the players you want it doesn't matter what order you get them in.

I would have thought you'd aim higher but Lambert will be a decent backup striker. Decent price too if 4m is true

However, it's a pity to see a 32 year old striker for a good Southampton team leave to sit on a bench ...even if it is for the team he supports.

Last edited:
I am surprised at the signing, we'll see how he does. its being reported as 4M so its not the biggest risk in the world.

At 4 million which it now appears to be and not 8/10 million, this does represent good value.

Now please Brendan, go get some defenders!!!!

I think Lambert will be a good signing.

Although I can't understand why we are offering 25m for Lallana. I can't imagine him being *that* good ?
That's double the cost of Daniel Sturridge (12m).

@VinnOConnor: Rickie Lambert arrives for his medical ahead of his move to Liverpool

Bo8wqIdCUAEhhGP.jpg

"Lambert deal will go through over the weekend. He's set to sign a two-year contract" - update from our Liverpool FC reporter James Pearce

Last edited:
I don't understand the interest in Lambert at all?

We scored so many goals last season so improving our attack is not a priority. We could have won the league with a better defence so for me, centre backs and full backs IS a priority.
Micah Richards and Lescot would make more sense to move on first.
Along with Moreno, this would improve the area we desperately need sorting first.

THEN maybe look at strengthening our attack with a plan B which is where Lambert would improve us looking at it from the games against Chelsea last season where we couldn't break them down.

I like Lambert but I don't see the urgency to get him over sorting our defence out first?

CL football demands a large squad. Ambitious teams that are 'fresh' to the CL often mess this crucial step of squad building. Between big CL games, you'll need the Lamberts playing the other competition so that the Suarez's are all rested up :)

definetly, i think Suarez, Sturridge, Borini and Lambert are all different type of strikers with lot´s of options between them...

hopefully also Yesil will return to play some games after his injury.. he was on rise in Leverkusen, but he was unlucky with two injury´s here..

Incredibly worrying the comments you read in Marca about Alberto Moreno. If half of what they say is true, we are going to be complaining a lot next season about him. He has a tons of potential but he is very raw defensively.

Last edited:
Manager to improve defenders? Hmmm I don't think so :LOL:

Yeah some people say he's not good enough and some others say it will be amazing deal... Haven't see anything from him but I hope it will be a good deal for us

According to swiss sports paper, Shaqiri is close to join Liverpool for 20m euro

also BILD say that Liverpool have met Emre Can's release which allows him to join a foreign club for €12million.

when BILD says something about bundesliga player usually it happen
10378072_787422004623144_3948347504228333109_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom