Liverpool Thread

Probably not indicative of his general level (and he's young) but he was terrible against us in the CL this year. Made Valencia look world class, and we happily scored 5 in one of the matches.

But if he can't do it, no one...
Yes, he was awful that day, but I imagine we are interested in him as cover for the midfielders and not as a left back.

Probably not indicative of his general level (and he's young) but he was terrible against us in the CL this year. Made Valencia look world class, and we happily scored 5 in one of the matches.

But if he can't do it, no one...

He was playing at left back though and is very clearly not a left back.

According to an in-depth study by Bloomberg Sports, Luis Suarez is the most influential player in Europe. He beats the likes of Messi & Ronaldo.

BLOOMBERG TOP 10 POWER LIST 2014 - Most INFLUENTIAL Players in Europe

1. Luis Suarez (Liverpool, 86.02 points)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona, 85.43)
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG, 84.91)
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid, 84.59)
5. Kevin Strootman (Roma, 81.86)
6. Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid, 81.68)
7. Mehdi Benatia (Roma, 81.30)
8. Robert Lewandowski (Dortmund, 81.21)
9. Tiago (Atletico Madrid, 80.79)
10. David Silva (Manchester City, 80.79)

Yaya Toure (Man City) & Carlos Tevez (Juventus) are respectively 14th & 15th.

Bloomberg say that their evaluation is the most scientifically advanced study in the world - they include the attacking prowess of each player, their defending & the quality of the opposition. They analyzed every player in Europe's top 5 leagues - English, Spanish, German, Italian & French. The checked their strengths and weaknesses in passing, creativity, tackling, heading, shooting and scoring.

Luis Suarez (86.02 points) edges Lionel Messi who only cumulated 85.43 points. Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo arrive in 3rd & 4th with 84.91 and 84.59 points respectively.

Messi & Ronaldo may be some phenomenally creative players, but when the defending dimension is added, Suarez beat them fair and square. It is something that most Liverpool fans have known for a long time - he is the best overall player in Europe. Whether he scores or not, Luis Suarez always influences Liverpool's games, whether it is in assists, runs off the ball or defending from the front.

That list clearly wasn't done recently - Strootman didn't kick a ball in the past 2 months and Roma finished what, 20 points behind Juve? Lewandowski hasn't had a great season either.

Suarez is not a better footballer than Messi or Ronaldo. I don't think that's harsh, or bias or what not. He isn't. No shame in it - those two have been absolute phenoms for 5 seasons now. They've won every club trophy there is. They've scored, for half a decade a goal a game - neither playing as a striker. They're freaks.

Bloomberg should stick to business news.

That list clearly wasn't done recently - Strootman didn't kick a ball in the past 2 months and Roma finished what, 20 points behind Juve? Lewandowski hasn't had a great season either.

Suarez is not a better footballer than Messi or Ronaldo. I don't think that's harsh, or bias or what not. He isn't. No shame in it - those two have been absolute phenoms for 5 seasons now. They've won every club trophy there is. They've scored, for half a decade a goal a game - neither playing as a striker. They're freaks.

Bloomberg should stick to business news.

Have to agree.
There's Ronaldo and Messi pretty much equal to each other then there's everyone else way behind.

I just read it on the internet, but it seems Mignolet has a serious injury.
It seems he can't make it to the World Cup.

Hope he'll recover soon...

first Suarez now Mignolet , glad those injury didn't happen during season! hope they'll be fit for next one (all tho I'm hoping we'll bring in another GK)

He will out for only a couple of days. Nothing serious.
I'm sorry.
I just took over what i read in our media, who are going nuts with the WC hype.

La Decima in the bag means they won't be too desperate to land anyone significant IMO.

the current squad they have is capable and probably should have won the treble this season anyway.

Have to agree with Young. Their marquee signing will probably be Rakitic and nothing more. They are not going to come for Suarez.

i think more marquee will be to keep Di Maria and perhaps Varane who will be wanted by Chelsea apparently...

Rakitic will kill his career if he moves there imo.

Have to agree with Young. Their marquee signing will probably be Rakitic and nothing more. They are not going to come for Suarez.

Raki signing would be bad for his career imo, Madrid are stacked for mids and attackers. Their defence is brilliant, maybe another CB for cover. If I was Perez, I would be looking at a new keeper (Casillas and Lopez are getting on a bit) for the future and then I would be able to look at my squad and think "Yep, that's as close to perfect it will be without bankrupting Spain to buy Messi"

I feel rakitic is more liverpool bound than madrid. as taylor said if noone leaves then, their midfield looks stacked.

you only have to worry if Benzema leaves, I suspect Suarez will showcase his talents on a broader scale in the CL next season and Real will go big for him next summer.

WwCetHs.gif

Back
Top Bottom