Liverpool Thread

2 weeks off but this video is incredible. This guy is a crazy argentine journalist, he is a fan of the total football philosophy and probably the biggest Riquelme's fan in the world.
He is shouting calling Mourinho a miserable and saying that he is killing football ahhahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkIqjHbebUo

6FpcZwN.png

That tallies with Suarez's performance - exceptional against lower-tier teams but not quite able to beat the very top.

It's still an incredible achievement given where you were this time last year. The true test begins now - it's easy to 'sprint' for one season, next year will be far harder. Multiple matches a week, a bigger squad, more rotation and so forth.

Champions League will hinder Liverpool next season, without a doubt. Plus I reckon Suarez will shock Pool fans and leave for Real Madrid or someone like that.

Lallana would be a good signing. He's good, skilful and dribbles well, good assists, and scores too.
I think Liverpool are doing right by keeping a good British spine to the team.

Suarez, well I can't see him leave as long as Liverpool are challenging for the CL and League.
With Rodgers in charge, and given our attacking football, I can't see Liverpool falling out of the
top-4...we are getting better every season the team is adjusting with Rodgers' style of play.

Sure next year will be tougher given the CL and the need for a bigger squad, but we seem to have
so many things right at the club, stable owners, and the best British coach since Ferguson.
Rodgers has got the best out of Sturridge, Gerrard, Hendo, Sterling.... which is nothing short
of miraculous. He turned Suarez around from the big sulk in the summer, to the best player in the league
this season being the top scorer inspite of missing 5 games.

I feel we may be witnessing something special....just like 1991-92 when Man United came
close to winning the league under Fergie...25 years after missing out.
The following season, they won their first Title in 25 years....and the rest is history

I can understand Southampton.
They apparently have a great youth system (Walcott, Bale, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert; Shaw). They have reached the EPL, stayed up against all odds and just have had a fantastic season wherte they played good football.

Now they are bound to loose Shaw, Lallanaand their promising manager (Spurs)...

This should not happen...

Oh and this has nothing to do with Liverpool, to me Liverpool is the one big club where players like Lallana can progress...

Wonder if he would be in the starting eleven...

I think both Theo/Ox were bought for £12m at 18yrs old. Now, Shaw might join Mutd for £27m :CONFUSE: Southampton knows how to squeeze coins for their players.

Seriously, why do fans get hung up on fees? Are the Liverpool owners raiding your piggy banks? NO it's out of their cash - be happy that you support a club which can make these bids. My Gillingham supporting best friend would kill to get a big signing into his club!

How much was Bale?

The thing that gets me is that lallana is already 26, I thought he was about 22 or something. Seems a lot to me. Also not sure where he would fit in, but I can't say I know his game especially well either.

For me spending all that money on one player is alot for a position they dont particularly need. IMO if Liverpool want to challenge for the league again next season while being in the champs league they need another 4-5players to beef out there sqaud. How much extra money will they have left after lallana?

They also need to improve central defensive area.

Its going to be tough.

That's really the important question. How much is the budget, it is not the same if that bid represents the 50 % of the budget that if it represents a 20 %.
Call me naive but I think that the budget is significant. Net, we spent very little last summer. In winter we didn't spend anything when there was money to spend. And it is not only the increment of money from the bigger TV deal, and playing the CL but also the club made a lot of important commercial deals this past season.

Richards of 2011/12 was better but, unfortunately, he has been injured for the best part of 2 years. Top lad and will be missed but we can't have only one fit RB. Zaba has looked knackered at times this season

How much was Bale?

The thing that gets me is that lallana is already 26, I thought he was about 22 or something. Seems a lot to me. Also not sure where he would fit in, but I can't say I know his game especially well either.

Lallana will play - if we buy him - the Iniesta role for us.. with Gerrard and Henderson behind and Coutinho/Sterling - Suarez - Sturridge up front... i can imagine it.. seriously he is talented as hell, perhaps one of best English natural talents, but 25 mil. for a guy who just turned 26 is to much imo.. we should look elsewhere since we all know that English players are bound to be 5-7 mil. pounds overpriced...if not more.

look all Liverpool fans with some sense know this is inevitable, but it must be a CRAZY bid to lure him away from the club before CL season... and especially him being the face of the club and one of top players who we will want to build around. He will move away, but i supose not this season.. i hope we keep him , but if not i know he will be club record sale for years.

Suarez is at the time of life where he needs to go somewhere that will win trophies now.

Realistically that is only Man City, Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern.

If Madrid don't win the Champions League Florentino Perez will do what he always does. Buy superstars to calm frustrated fans and keep winning nothing.

Back
Top Bottom