Liverpool Thread

The spending includes money recouped by sales.

I never said "you can't say that", nor has anyone. Liverpool have done very well this season, no doubt. Part of the reason Rodgers has done such a good job this year is precisely because a chunk of that spending was wasted (eg. a 35m loss on Carrol and Downing)

I'll find one!

Here ya go:

tumbleweed-o.gif

:LOL:

Yep, really good season and far above any expectations. Obviously disappointing end when the club was so close, but as said could be a blessing as the hurt could make the players more determined for the coming seasons.

Well done Liverpool.

Really pleased with this season. I really hoped for a top four finish so to get 2nd is amazing!

A new back four wouldn't go a miss though! To concede 50 goals is never going to win a title or cup. It only entertains the neutrals and gives every team playing us hope they will score.

Bring on the world cup!

If Woy had some balls on him he would take Liverpool's tactics and personnel this season into the world cup.

--------Sturridge----Rooney

----------Sterling/Lallana/Barkley

--Lallana/Wilshere-----Henderson/Ox

----------------Gerrard

could surprise a lot of opponents and see us overachieve

Let's face it, our back 4 is the weakest it's been for as far back as I can remember so we may as well just go for it

Last edited:
Yeah, Lallana is said to be a done deal. But I'm more interested to see what happens with the defense. We clearly need to buy at least three defenders(two fullbacks and a center back).

If Woy had some balls on him he would take Liverpool's tactics and personnel this season into the world cup.

--------Sturridge----Rooney

----------Sterling/Lallana/Barkley

--Lallana/Wilshere-----Henderson/Ox

----------------Gerrard

could surprise a lot of opponents and see us overachieve

Let's face it, our back 4 is the weakest it's been for as far back as I can remember so we may as well just go for it

Agree with that to be honest.

What a season,...I haven't felt like this since 1989 when Liverpool lost to Arsenal 0:2.
It's very disappointing to finish 2nd after we had the title in our own hands before that Chelsea game.
Yes, it's amazing to finish 2nd with this squad and especially after the bad transfers we had this summer...
But great kudos to Brendan Rodgers for restoring belief to this club .....
Yeah, we finished 2nd with Houllier and Benitez, and we came close under Roy Evans in the 1990s
but this time I'm hoping we build on this, and win the title next season.

I think we need to get new fullbacks, one new centre-back, and two midfielders (one defensive, one attacking)
and maybe one more striker....while letting go of some of the players.
We can't afford to change too much, in the risk of destabilising the team...
Borini will come back and be a good backup to Suarez/Sturridge...

Finally, credit to Man City and Pellegrini, they deserve to win the title. Classy manager,
and obviously a much better squad than what we have....
thank God Chelsea did not win under Mourinho...I can't forget his world cup winning celebration
after winning at Anfield with 19th century football.

Congratulations on a marvelous season.
Rodgers manager of the season for me.

The Turing point was Henderson's red card against City IMO.

i don´t think we will buy another striker if we keep Suarez, Borini had a fantastic loan and he will be back definetly.

Back
Top Bottom