Liverpool Thread

If he does go, I hope Liverpool have learnt from Spurs!

Learned what?

- That you can't sell a player like Modric and not replace him?
- That you can achieve nearly the same league position even after selling the world class star if you use buckshots in the transfer market because you don't put all the money on one card?

Spurs have been bad yet managed a pretty decent league position, imagine this squad proper gelled and vital leaks covered?

problem with Spurs was also they could never attract a player of that calibre so the money is pointless in that regard.

Liverpool might not be able to get a Suarez level equivalent but they'd be able to attract a world class player for with a chunk of the fee.

Learned what?

- That you can't sell a player like Modric and not replace him?
- That you can achieve nearly the same league position even after selling the world class star if you use buckshots in the transfer market because you don't put all the money on one card?

Spurs have been bad yet managed a pretty decent league position, imagine this squad proper gelled and vital leaks covered?

That spending 80 mil that you got for one player on 7 players (or how many it was) doesn' mean you can play them all or that it will help the team. But the blame imo lies more with Levi then the managers or players. If you buy so many new players you need to give them time to settle and gel.

But how is Spurs' league position decent?! You were looking to break into the top 4 and, imo, if you had bought 2 or 3 top class players you could have gotten there. Instead the club went and bought a whole host of new players and didn't give them or the manager time to settle.

So I would hope that if Liverpool do sell Suarez for 80+ mil they would go out and only buy a couple of top class players and pocket the rest for a later transfer window.

I'm not sure that Spurs can't do well with those players and with a good coach.
Expectations were sky high.
AVB or somebody from the board should have clearly spelled out that this was a long term investment.

Nowit soon became clear that Spurs would never meet expectatios and everything went pear shaped.
I know for a fact that the 3 Belgian players absolutely hated Sherwood and his insular English mentality rooted in the 70's... The spirit where players are applauded because they win a corner. Just read Vialli's excellent book about the differences between English and Italian football to know what i mean.

That spending 80 mil that you got for one player on 7 players (or how many it was) doesn' mean you can play them all or that it will help the team. But the blame imo lies more with Levi then the managers or players. If you buy so many new players you need to give them time to settle and gel.

But how is Spurs' league position decent?! You were looking to break into the top 4 and, imo, if you had bought 2 or 3 top class players you could have gotten there. Instead the club went and bought a whole host of new players and didn't give them or the manager time to settle.

So I would hope that if Liverpool do sell Suarez for 80+ mil they would go out and only buy a couple of top class players and pocket the rest for a later transfer window.

Like I said in the other thread, your kind of forgetting its Spurs tik, no disrespect but there not Liverpool or United. We can attract world class players even if were not in the CL.

in hindsight too it seems they didn't buy well but in all honesty I thought in Eriksen (who has actually started to show this) and Lamela (whose been riddled with Injury) they had done exactly that by bringing in potential world class.

I think sacking AVB is where they went wrong in all honesty, weird one IMO.

Uuh. Dempsey, Sigurdson, Willian (before he got poached by Chelsea), Eriksen (Liverpool were strongly linked to him)..and maybe a couple more. That was only last summer and the year before that quite a few players ended up choosing Spurs over Liverpool.

But that also highlights my point, they were looking really strong to challenge for 4th place so imo they didn't need such a big influx of new players and the obvious time they would all need. And the same goes for Liverpool if Suarez does get sold.

But it's all hypothetical at the moment. :)

Liverpool won't crumble without Suarez IMO.

I do wonder how Pool will cope with Europe next season - be very interesting what kind of players Brentan will bring in now he's got cash to spend.

He's been average in the transfer market so far. Henderson? Dalglish signing. Suarez? Same. Allen? Average. Sakho? A big lump. Cissoko? LOL.

Sturrige was shrewd though, give him that.

Coutinho for £8.5 million is a steal too but I agree, Rodgers needs to improve in the transfer marker.

Top players he has chased, have opted to go elsewhere.
This should change now we're in the Champions League... (Hopefully!)

hmmm will they improve our team that much? I do think this is overpaying.

we are also linked with Xherdan Shaqiri , he'll leave Bayern I believe saw couple interview of him and his brother(also his agent) who said that they will listen to any offer from clubs like Liverpool , United Inter etc Shaqiri isn't happy with minutes that Guardiola give to him , also Bayern has to many players that can play that possision so he'll be searching for new club this summer, fee should be 10-15m , I hope we make a move for him he's quality and will improve us also our bench :D

1797511_777497515615593_4234595959041536024_n.jpg

shaqiri will cost a lot more than 10 or 15 mil..

well it depends on the lenghth of his deal with Bayern, but he´s a world class player who will start for Switzerland in world cup..i think we will have to pay a lot more for him if we wanted him...

don´t want Lovren, but i want Lallana...hope we will not overpay to save the money for realy top players.

I like Lovren, Lallana and Shaqiri. The link with Bertrand is strange, Rodgers definitely want him, but I hope he can't pass it through the committee.
It is also clear that if we want to buy Lovren and/or Lallana we are going to have to overpay.

i think these players won´t play for us next season: Assaidi, Aspas, Coates, Suso, Lucas, Agger and Skrtel. Johnson imo will stay but will be gone if he doesn´t improve...

Skrtel - Agger, clearly Rodgers will want to find a partner for Sakho to defence + Kelly will be 3th - 4th choice CB after Rodgers said he will have his chance next season..

We will have a big overhaul imo.. but not all buys, we have another possible Sterling like player in Jordon Ibe, who i rate highly.

Sama will be probably gone to Bochum..good luck to him.

I can see us recall Ilori and Wisdom for next season + maybe even Robinson. Borini is back already and he is going nowhere.

About Luis Alberto i think we will loan him.

some youngsters have a chance to play next season for sure, imo Smith, Rossiter, Peterson, Randall and McLaughlin will definetly get a chance in smaller cups, perhaps even biger games.. especially Randall looks a big talent, but all our youngsters look good tbh.

Doesn't sound like much tbh, from what I have read this seasons 2nd place along with the fact that Liverpool have been televised the most, earned the club something like 150mil. Then another 30 or so from the CL and a continued increase from commercial activities should give the club quiet an increase imo. Seeing as the club had 30mil left to spend last season that didn't because of missed signings it should be closer to 70mil.

Persistent rumour in Belgium: Hazard goes to Liverpool.

Thorgal Hazard, that is.

Less brilliant than his brother, but more consistent. Football player of the year in Belgium (and this year for once this really does mean something because the Jupiler League really unearthed some litle gems: Van Aken, Tielemans, Mbemba, Schrijvers....).

Last edited:
According to theguardian is 60M plus income frome sales. What is really worrying is that every respected journalist seems to link us with Bertrand, and it has been the case for the two past transfer markets two. Why the hell would be interested in him ?

Last time we bought from Chelsea (Sturridge) or suposedly not so great young player (Coutinho) it ended up pretty well.. i trust Rodgers even if i agree i don´t see anything special in Bertrand. If there is any coach to get something out of him, it´s Rodgers.

Sturridge was always talented. Coutinho was always talented. In my opinion, there is nothing in Bertrand that suggests he could be an special player for us. The fact that Chelsea prefered playing a right back and a soon out of contract veteran before him, and that he was completely mediocre in his loan in Aston Villa, should tell enough.

According to some german journalists we are on the brink on triggering the release clause of Emre Can. That 'll surely mean the end of Lucas Leiva in Liverpool.

According to some german journalists we are on the brink on triggering the release clause of Emre Can. That 'll surely mean the end of Lucas Leiva in Liverpool.

Probably not indicative of his general level (and he's young) but he was terrible against us in the CL this year. Made Valencia look world class, and we happily scored 5 in one of the matches.

But if he can't do it, no one...

Back
Top Bottom