Liverpool Thread

'Serial winner'

KNVB Beker, Johan Cruijff Schaal, League Cup and Copa América

not bad considering arsenal won fa cup after 8 years of nothing...

'Serial winner'

KNVB Beker, Johan Cruijff Schaal, League Cup and Copa América

Individual
PFA Players' Player of the Year (1): 2013–14
FWA Footballer of the Year (1): 2013–14
European Golden Shoe (1): 2013–14
Barclays Player of the Season (1): 2013–14
FSF Player of the Year (1): 2013–14
Dutch Footballer of the Year (1): 2009–10
PFA Team of the Year (2): 2012–13, 2013–14
Premier League Player of the Month (2): December 2013, March 2014
Premier League Golden Boot: 2013-14
Golden Boot Landmark Award 10 (1): 2012-13
Golden Boot Landmark Award 20 (2): 2012-13, 2013-14
Golden Boot Landmark Award 30 (1): 2013-14
Eredivisie Golden Boot (1): 2009–10
KNVB Cup Top Goalscorer (1): 2009–10
2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (CONMEBOL): Top Goalscorer (11 goals)
Copa América Player of the Tournament (1): 2011
Ajax Player of the Year (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
Ajax Top Goalscorer (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
Liverpool FC Player of the Year (2): 2012–13, 2013–14
Liverpool FC Top Goalscorer (3): 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14

Why did you mention Arsenal?

Individual trophies mean nothing. You don't get remembered for being in the PFA Team of the year. You get remembered for winning your team trophies.

because you pick on the 'Serial winner' thing..

obviously the player hates to lose and winner means most probably he want´s to win every match not the amount of trophy´s he won..

also individual trophys and breaking record´s mean a lot, especially for players who are loayal in past and not been lured to play in biger trophy winning teams etc.. fans also remember those players despite winning less or nothing for their team..

Last edited:
I still don't see it as any reason to bring up the team I support. I wasn't critisizing Liverpool if that's what you think. The only notable thing Suárez has won is the Copa América.

This is hilarious. There must be enough LFC fans out there to justify these stories for ESPN et al, because I don't understand the interest:

1. Suarez is a prick on the pitch, cheats in all manner with the very best cheaters that have ever been in our league. Dives, feigns injury, commits dangerous fouls - he really does it all.
2. Suarez has bitten players, twice, in professional matches
3. Suarez is an exceptionally gifted and talented footballer
4. Suarez's mates like Suarez.
5. His home fans have not a bad word to say.

Listen, you have the best footballer in the league in your team. I could care less if his tears cure cancer and he spends his weeks carrying orphans to foodbanks. When he is on a football pitch, he is a c*nt of an astounding level. That's all I really care about as a football fan.

There have literally been thousands of other footballers with just as bad upbringings as Suarez who have managed to NOT bite players, and NOT cheat at every opportunity.

There is no Suarez 'redemption' no matter how much the media try to push any pro-LFC story. He bit a player, and racially abused another player. Facts. Scoring goals does not redeem that behaviour. Not biting a player for a season should not be some award for him.

He is not redeemed. Last year, he was a world class footballer who is a c*nt on the pitch. This year, he is a world class footballer who is a c*nt on the pitch.

wonder what would you say if we accepted your silly bid for him in last summer :D

I would say he's a brilliant player but also a massive prick on the pitch. There's no point in denying it.

This is hilarious. There must be enough LFC fans out there to justify these stories for ESPN et al, because I don't understand the interest:

And yet you're one of the first to comment on the article.....posted by a Liverpool fan....in the Liverpool thread...as something Liverpool supporters might like to read.

Honestly Ryan, I've had enough of you coming in here like some moral f£&king crusader to highlight what a c&nt Suarez is at every opportunity. I don't need you to come in here and 'educate' me with your flippant 'factual' posts about what he is or isn't. We know what you think of him, aren't you as bored as we are of your opinions about him?

As for the article, not sure how pro Suarez it is. To me he reads like a serial offender who is too thick to realise he doesn't need to act like he is on the streets anymore. But hey, why bother discussing it when we can all just reads Ryan's posts that he is a c&nt on the pitch and that is all there is.

Glad he's injured if it's true he picked up the injury whilst flinging himself about in order to get the Newcastle lad sent off.

So, what do you guys know about the first signing of the season, Alberto Moreno ? I've seen very little of him (just the match against Benfica and he didn't play well).
People in Marca are saying they are stealing us, although 16M for a talented left back who is 20 years old and wanted by the best clubs in the world doesn't look unreasonable. I guess we will find out.

So, what do you guys know about the first signing of the season, Alberto Moreno ? I've seen very little of him (just the match against Benfica and he didn't play well).
People in Marca are saying they are stealing us, although 16M for a talented left back who is 20 years old and wanted by the best clubs in the world doesn't look unreasonable. I guess we will find out.

why you're so sure we'll get him?

I don't know anything about him tho!

Because every part wants this to happen. Liverpool wants him. Sevilla wants to sell him and Moreno wants to come.

Hrm, betting suspended on Rickie Lambert.

I actually like him, think he could be a useful 'plan B' and also operate as a pivot around which the pacier players could move.

i don´t like the fact we include Suso there...
I think Suso has no future in Liverpool. He only has 1 year left in his contract and I have the impression that Rodgers sees him as a player with tons of quality but with no heart and no working attitude. There is probably a reason why he lost his place at Almeria.

yes but he should be given a chance imo...

nevermind the Lambert deal seems true.. wow.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 1m
Rickie Lambert to #LFC is on. Told the initial fee will be around £4m plus add-ons. Story on Echo site shortly.

Crazy signing. It can only be explained if it is tied to Lallana and that 25 % (which is probably the case).

age is just a number in this case imo... 4 mil. is not that bad for him..

imo he can be realy usefull striker from bench... would add another dimension to our attack...together with Borini we have 4 different and good striker options..

Aspas didn´t worked out..

welcome to the club if true Ricky!

In my opinion, if it not linked to Lallana, it has no sense. 4-7M for a 32 years old it is completely unlike FSG.

i highly doubt we will pay big money for him.. it´s 4 million plus add ons reported.. wich is fair price..

he had 17 goals and 12 assists in 37 matches last season.

upgrade on Aspas who will be sold for same amount so we won´t loose that much imo.

I was actually waiting for some "big" names this summer , thought we'll finally get some good players since we'll play in CL but it seems like all we'll get will be players from Southampton , first Lallana than that other guy (defender dont remember his name) now Lambert

Lallana transfer will be £20m-£25m , Lambert (sky sport say £8m-£10m) , I'll rather go for Shaqiri and Pedro , in my opinion way much better than them

Back
Top Bottom