Liverpool Thread

I dont think it was arrogance. I think they and everyone knew any chance they had of winning the title was to score as many as possible and reduce the deficit in goal difference.

They run to score more after 3-0 and they should have scored more , Palace players seems they dont care after 2/3-0 , it was their 1st goal that wake them up , i dont think city were going to drop any points anyway

Liverpool looked knackered after the 70th min. mark. They were fighting the clock before Palace got momentum . We can see Palace got caught using the high line and Liverpool just open a can of whip ass on them. I was think a 0-6 will suit the mood right for the last match . Once I saw Suarez and other grabbing their knees grasping for oxygen I knew they were being stretched and figure 0-3 is progress.

I dont think it was arrogance. I think they and everyone knew any chance they had of winning the title was to score as many as possible and reduce the deficit in goal difference.

It wasn't arrogance, more naivety. Rodgers tried to play the goal difference game which was a long shot at best. A little foolish on his part.

we don´t deserve to win it after such performance... we need to sort our defence for next season. it´s nice we score a lot, but the defence is poor...

i feel sick

Hi guys,

I'm back after a long break.......I have been watching most of the Liverpool matches in astonishing surprise...
I never thought I would see Liverpool win the league in my lifetime again,...I was 15 years old in 1990.
If you told me then, that we would not win it again for 24 years, I would have thought you were mad...
With every win, I was getting more and more convinced we will win.....starting from the 5:1 win over Arsenal,
then the 3:2 over Fulham, the 3:0 over southampton...the 3:0 over united...the 3:2 over City.....every single game I was fearing the worst.....so Liverpool have exceeded expectations already...

But anyway, I feel so gutted after the match today....and even after the Chelsea loss......but something in me is
telling me that we will win the league........I'm still praying and hoping that there is one final twist to the season..
Man City are clear favorites....but what Sunderland, Norwich and Palace have shown is that this league is unpredictable, so I have'nt given up hope....I trust in my God, Jesus.....to see my favorite Liverpool win the league...

Let's see.....we are still top of the table....and all is not lost.

Mathew

The arrogance of thinking at 3-0 you could then go on to score another 4-5 was what cost you, naive inexperience.

Rodgers and this team will learn from this though.

Oh those bloody rivalries again.
This team isn't arrogant at all, not the slightest.

I thought you were a nice, intelligent guy.

You're glad City will win it after all, aren't you...if United can't win it, then please not the traditional rival.

I'm gonna point out the obvious: the fact that Liverpool needed a better goal difference than City and thus had to score more goals.

To Liverpool fans: i ain't over till it's over and it isn't over yet. City could still loose points.

And like i already said: you should be proud of your team. They played better football in one season than United all those years under Ferguson. At times Ferguson was as cynical as Mourinho, but because he is Brittish, he came away with it.

I do feel with all this excitement and drama already going on in the BPL, with Liverpool and Chels dropping points surely another last minute twist in the title race will make it the best BPL season ever?? :P

Either way, I'm happy for the season. The Championship gong was rung too early by everyone earlier and somehow people didn't notice that City have 2-3 games in hand.

Think Rodgers didn't want to leave his winning chances in other team's hands. He wanted to win it because they could. I can understand where he's coming from, but he should've at least played on the counter in the last 20-25 mins. They would've had lesser chances of conceding and more scoring.

Still not over though.

How...

How do you manage to let a 3-0 lead slip...against Palace...in the last 10 minutes...

10 minutes mate...10 FREAKIN' MINUTES...That's 600 seconds mates..

...You had one job...

...All you had to was not concede 3 goals...from bloody Palace...for 600 seconds...

This is a bigger cock-up than Istanbul for Milan...(yeah, I said it)

...at a loss for words over here...

Last edited:

You're glad City will win it after all, aren't you...if United can't win it, then please not the traditional rival.

I'm gonna point out the obvious: the fact that Liverpool needed a better goal difference than City and thus had to score more goals.

To Liverpool fans: i ain't over till it's over and it isn't over yet. City could still loose points.

And like i already said: you should be proud of your team. They played better football in one season than United all those years under Ferguson. At times Ferguson was as cynical as Mourinho, but because he is Brittish, he came away with it.
Why do you always talk down to people here? Because you are in your 40s? What gives you the right to act like the All Knowing Football Oracle around here?

Regarding 'rivalries', you will never understand them because you're not from the UK and you don't live here - Man Utd supporters hate Liverpool far more than Man City, it's always been this way.

Anyway, yesterday was fantastic! I was dancing around when the 3rd goal went in.

Bad luck Liverpool, you've been a joy to watch this season but with defending like that, you'll never win a league title.

Last edited:

Woah, didn't think my comment was that bad?

:LOL: at Liverpool comment about playing better football in one season than SAFs entire reign.

You come off very childish here Gerd.

Why do you always talk down to people here? Because you are in your 40s? What gives you the right to act like the All Knowing Football Oracle around here?

Regarding 'rivalries', you will never understand them because you're not from the UK and you don't live here - Man Utd supporters hate Liverpool far more than Man City, it's always been this way.

Anyway, yesterday was fantastic! I was dancing around when the 3rd goal went in.

Bad luck Liverpool, you've been a joy to watch this season but with defending like that, you'll never win a league title.

Wondering what they will do next season already. They still have chance of winning title, there is no denying this.

However, there is high chance of Suarez blowing the fuse again and wanting transfer in June. I hear Real Madrid wants to put 70mln Euros on table to activate his release fee clause. If that happens and Suarez moves (he is not the one of the loyal kind), Liverpool will lose key man, again (not that he was on fire for last 6-7 games, more like he was shit vs big teams).

Will be interesting to see next season... (wonder who will be next MU manager, please not Van Gaal for short term :().

The release clause of Suarez is not 70M, since we are in the CL is more like 100M.
As you said, Suarez has been out of form in these critical last games. None is irreplaceable. You just have to maximize the value you get from him and from the players you buy to replace him. Even if Madrid says we are not paying his release clause and they offer 70-80 M, you have to take that kind of money.
I'm confident this will be the best transfer window in decades. With money to spend and the ability to attract top footballers once again, we can seriously strengthen.

safrjy5w.gif

:LOL: Don't kill me.

I think it was brave by LFC to try to attack and get a better goal difference. I don't think it was arrogance at all. There's a very small difference between bravery and stupidity in cases like this though, so in the end it turned out to be entirely stupid.

It wasn't brave it was naive. Rodgers will learn from all of this though.

Suarez will be off in the summer thank god, can't handle another season of his face.

Sometimes after reading one of your posts, Steak Blake, I feel that you haven't actually said anything of value to the conversation.

I think it was brave by LFC to try to attack and get a better goal difference. I don't think it was arrogance at all. There's a very small difference between bravery and stupidity in cases like this though, so in the end it turned out to be entirely stupid.

I agree, in a sense they had lost the league once they lost to Chelsea and realistically once City also beat Everton as that was probably the last reasonable game where City might have dropped points. 3-0 up with half an hour to play I could understand going for a few more goals, Palace were on the rack and say they had got 3 more and won 6-0 suddenly there would have been a bit more pressure on City as the goal difference wouldnt have been as favourable.

Once it got to 3-1 I think they should have tried to shut the game down and play it out as a 3-1 but tactically they didnt really have the ability to close it out. Maybe he could have not made the Moses for Sturridge sub and instead brought on Touré (as a defensive mid or 3rd center back) for Allen or brought Agger on.

Younggun, at best Man Utd were a very goodcounter team under Ferguson.
Mourinho gets plenty of stick for the way Chelsea played in Madrid, against Atletico, but Ferguson could be as cynical...yet he never got the stick Mourinho got.

:LOL:

Poor old racist, biting, diving Suarez. He didn't deserve this, poor chap.

He didn't coz he scored 31 goals non of them penalty , he'll win league with any other team of top 4 scoring that goals.

And we neeedet goal difference , wish we had to play tottenham last 2 games away and home ao that 9+ goal difference wont be a problem and we'll win the league but what to do it wasn't tottenham it was Crystal Palace and Newcastle

Had LFC played against Palace the way they played against Spurs then they would've probably won 5-6 to nil. But they didn't...

Had LFC played against Palace the way they played against Spurs then they would've probably won 5-6 to nil. But they didn't...

you can´t compare the games and oponents... each game is new circumstances..

we missed Henderson badly these few games... more than i thought..

anyway what´s done is done.. we have to look forward and i´m excited about where the club is going under FSG and Rodgers, very excited...

our aim for this season was to get top 4 if possible, years ago we were already out of the picture...

that´s a massive progress in one year, nevermind our oponents fail´s, i mean our play is much improved... we need to sort out our defence and buy wisely in summer, i have 100% confidence in Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom