Liverpool Thread

On another note i've been invited to Anfield tomorrow to review the redevelopment plans for the stadium and give feedback, should be interesting, the Main Stand looks fucking huge!

7458__6102__517a.jpg

It was interesting at the exhibition, got to speak in depth with a few of the people involved. Few points I managed to pick up...

Work will commence in January and should be completed in time to start the 2016 season, the stand will be built behind and above the original Main stand.

The Shankley Gates and Paisley Gateway will be moved to the Centenary Stand entrance on Anfield Road, and will be placed side-by-side.

All the walls and railings outside the Kop will be removed to make a massive open area.

Phase 2 will include closing Anfield Road as a public road, it will instead be re-routed to the underground car park and traffic will be re-routed to Walton Breck Road, which will be closed during matchdays anyway.

We spoke about loads more but can't think off the top of my head of any other important stuff right now. Needless to say i'm well impressed.

My only issue with Anfield, and I dont wish to cause offence here but probably will - it's an utter dump around the ground.

It's not a nice area - houses with boarded up windows etc.

Although it's not exactly Henley Upon Thames around WHL either!

My only issue with Anfield, and I dont wish to cause offence here but probably will - it's an utter dump around the ground.

It's not a nice area - houses with boarded up windows etc.

Although it's not exactly Henley Upon Thames around WHL either!

The reason for all the boarded up houses is Hicks & Gillett made all sorts of promises to the local authorities that they'd have the new stadium built and the land those houses on would be redeveloped.

Only recently have they started clearing those houses, and now the new plans are in place it'll all be cleaned up. I grew up in Anfield and lived there until 2 years ago, it's not as bad as it looks, i've never had anything happen to me in Anfield. The new plans call for "Anfield Village" to be set up, which means modernising most of the existing houses around the ground and clearing the derelect buildings.

Usual story of "big business" screwing the people.

The ironic aspect of all this is that the time and trouble it has caused will have been far more costly then buying the houses outright for a fair price early on.

There is a saying in Holland that translates as; Bargins are expensive. Or for this example, shortsighted cheapness ends up being expensive.

Everybody wants Lallana.
For football it would be great if Southampton could keep these team together and build further on it...but this will not happen of course...

And a question, do you think Liverpool need Lallana ? Being a football fan i want players like Lallana to start in 95% of the matches. Do you think he would be a first team certainty ? And if so, in whose place would he play ?

PS: this is not about Liverpool, it's about Southampton and football. I think it's splendid that Liverpool are competing once again with the best teams, i want other teams make the same leap forward...

Last edited:
Liverpool would use Lallana a lot next season.. we play in CL and FA Cup as well now.. we need squad depth..

Lallana can play as winger, second striker, attacking midfielder, center midfielder..

he could be second Benayoun for us as i see similarity with him and Benayoun in his best years.

Lallana hugely overrated player but a good one, definitely.

A second Benayoun though? LOL - he's far more talented than Ratty ever was.

Confirmed ‪#‎LFC‬ team news against Chelsea...

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez.

Substitutes: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Alberto, Aspas, Sturridge

TEAM NEWS

LIVERPOOL: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez.
SUBS: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Alberto, Aspas, Sturridge

CHELSEA: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Kalas, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Matic, Salah, Ba, Schurrle.
SUBS: Hilario, Ake, Cahill, Van Ginkel, Baker, Willian, Torres

Oh Stevie, what a mistake! Lets hope it doesn't come back to haunt you. Makes a change from a defender doing it though!

What a horrible match so far. Liverpool creating nothing and Chelsea wasting time at every opportunity. This is something I am worried about for next season in the CL, there will be enough teams who will try this. Will be interesting to see how Rodgers deals with it, but then again the likes of Barca and Bayern have failed aswell.

Back
Top Bottom