Liverpool Thread

Good skill by Sterling, but horrible defending by Kompany on that goal. Not only he didn't attack the ball, shorting the space between him and the defender, he was effectivaly blocking the view of Joe Hart. Just horrible.

I'am not saying he isn't, I'am saying the opposite, because he is so good, he should've done it allot better in that situation, even with an injury. He should just close the gap, forcing Sterling to go left or right, not allowing him to dribble with all that "real estate". If the injury didn'r allow him to do that, than the fault lays in Pellegrini, which shoud not have him dressed in the first place.

A fair result and yet you admit we should have been playing against 10 for most of the 2nd half? :THINK:

You lot went mental about an offside after 20 mins or whatever it was at ours. Today was a lot worse.

But you have the 3 points so there's not much that can be said. Can't be changed now. Just got to hope Chelsea get a 'fair result' at Anfield

You really think Suarez should have been sent off? For what exactly? His tackle on Demichelis was stupid and rightly deserved the yellow card, but after that he didn't do anything to warrant a second yellow, MOTD proved that he didn't dive, there was clear contact.

Yes City should have had one penalty for the handball, the Sakho tackle on Dzeko wasn't a pen imo because the ball was already out of play before Dzeko collapsed. Liverpool should also have had a penalty for the clear push on Suarez by Company.

Realistically it could have been 4-0 at half time if Sturridge had actually turned up. We deserved the win imo.

Also Silva showed himself to be a classless little cunt by ripping off the Hillsborough armband and throwing it on the floor during the match.

Anyway... DARE TO DREAM.

Completely agree with UJ. Liverpool thoroughly deserved the win.

Wish i wouldn't have known the thing about Silva and the armband. A player i really love. Shouldn't have done that as it means that much to Liverpool (and i'm not talking of the football club, but of the city).

Still think Chelsea will win it. If Rodgers beats Mourinho at home: hats off to him then.

You really think Suarez should have been sent off? For what exactly? His tackle on Demichelis was stupid and rightly deserved the yellow card, but after that he didn't do anything to warrant a second yellow, MOTD proved that he didn't dive, there was clear contact.

Yes City should have had one penalty for the handball, the Sakho tackle on Dzeko wasn't a pen imo because the ball was already out of play before Dzeko collapsed. Liverpool should also have had a penalty for the clear push on Suarez by Company.

Realistically it could have been 4-0 at half time if Sturridge had actually turned up. We deserved the win imo.

Also Silva showed himself to be a classless little cunt by ripping off the Hillsborough armband and throwing it on the floor during the match.

Anyway... DARE TO DREAM.

Well, considering we were the better team overall, and you think you deserved the win, there's really no point in discussing any of the incidents.

But MOTD2 proved fuck all. He dived

Last edited:
Well, considering we were the better team overall, and you think you deserved the win, there's really no point in discussing any of the incidents.

But MOTD2 proved fuck all. He dived

Eh? No way you were the better team.

In fact not sure I should even care about both of yous :P

Lami is right, Liverpool were the better team and look like title winners already.

City have been poor in defence this season and considering the players they have at their disposal, should be doing better.

COME ON LIVERPOOL! We need the proper clubs to beat the lottery winners.

Eh? No way you were the better team.

In fact not sure I should even care about both of yous :P

Liverpool were the better team for the first 25 mins or so. After that tho, no. And there was only one team in it in the 2nd. But then results have a habit of clouding people's views.

Last edited:
Liverpool were the better team for the first 25 mins or so. After that tho, no. And there was only one team in it in the 2nd. But then results have a habit of clouding people's views.

I'm certain this will sound weird, but i'm gonna write it anyway.

There was only one team in the second half because City were 2-0 down. They had to attack.
Once they equalised (which was a very strong performance), Liverpool simply scored a third...and this is a pattern that is repeting itself match after match...

IMO City was very good the second half, but when it mattered Liverpool just scored.
The goal came after a mistake ?

Yes.

But we will never know, but when i see Liverpool play the last months i have the impression, that when it matters they will score...

It' totally subjective, and City played a very good second half, but for me the better team has won it...

Starting to hope now, but things can still go very wrong. I don't think Skrtel has yet got a penalty for hugging an opposition player too hard yet. It would be a miracle to get through a whole season without us getting punished for his overly rough cuddles.

It's on though, clearly.

It's great to be in this position having played proper footy, Liverpool have been probably the most entertaining team to watch this season, although I am biased and haven't seen nearly as many matches from other teams. I would like to see Everton join us for next year's CL, they have been great fun to watch as well.

Last edited:
Liverpool have been far and away the best team to watch this year. No doubt whatsoever. Probably the best team to watch in the past 3 or 4 seasons in England too.

Starting to hope now, but things can still go very wrong. I don't think Skrtel has yet got a penalty for hugging an opposition player too hard yet. It would be a miracle to get through a whole season without us getting punished for his overly rough cuddles.

It's on though, clearly.

It's great to be in this position having played proper footy, Liverpool have been probably the most entertaining team to watch this season, although I am biased and haven't seen nearly as many matches from other teams. I would like to see Everton join us for next year's CL, they have been great fun to watch as well.

Skrtl conceded a penalty a couple of months ago for dragging a player during a corner. Amusingly, it was probably one of his most tame infractions of the season.

Being a fan of the team that lost clouds people's views too. No way were City the better team for the the other 70 minutes if you include injury time. Both had good spells and it was a cracking game. Why can't people just leave it at that? If City won then it would have been a great comeback. From Liverpool's point of view it would have been thrown away. Like Gerd said though, when it mattered Liverpool scored and they looked dangerous on other occasions before that. As did City. You could see City's goal was lucky as hell. Coutinho still had to finish the bad clearance by Kompany. Most goals come from some sort of mistake so it is what it is at the end of the day.

article-2605150-1D20F3EE00000578-134_634x423.jpg

article-2605150-1D21433C00000578-421_634x422.jpg

article-0-1D1F65BD00000578-374_634x621.jpg

article-2605150-1D2121E300000578-312_634x440.jpg

article-2605150-1D2110BC00000578-56_634x340.jpg

article-2605150-1D2133F600000578-751_634x377.jpg

1397570824097_wps_epa04168115_Scarfs_donate.jpg

1397568106301_Image_galleryImage_LIVERPOOL_ENGLAND_APRIL_1.JPG

1397569444842_wps_Former_Liverpool_football.jpg

1397570056898_wps_Retired_Liverpool_footbal.jpg

1397569365778_wps_LIVERPOOL_ENGLAND_Tuesday.jpg

1397570955242_Image_galleryImage_LIVERPOOL_ENGLAND_APRIL_1.JPG

1397571186638_wps_Scarves_on_the_pitch_duri.jpg

article-2605150-1D20E5A000000578-739_634x405.jpg

article-2605150-1D21342200000578-314_634x436.jpg

article-2605150-1D210B1000000578-406_634x421.jpg

1397571689300_Image_galleryImage_LIVERPOOL_ENGLAND_APRIL_1.JPG

article-2605005-1D2028A900000578-988_634x371.jpg

Martinez speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtj-GPJIJ0

Rodgers speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIaD5lpj--w

respect to Martinez..i have no words how i respect him, hope he will stay at Everton for long.

Being a fan of the team that lost clouds people's views too. No way were City the better team for the the other 70 minutes if you include injury time. Both had good spells and it was a cracking game. Why can't people just leave it at that? If City won then it would have been a great comeback. From Liverpool's point of view it would have been thrown away. Like Gerd said though, when it mattered Liverpool scored and they looked dangerous on other occasions before that. As did City. You could see City's goal was lucky as hell. Coutinho still had to finish the bad clearance by Kompany. Most goals come from some sort of mistake so it is what it is at the end of the day.

Who we thought was the better team is irrelevant anyway. If the ref had done his job we'd have won the game comfortably and had 1 hand on the title. And that's the real kicker for me, potentially losing a title because of the ref

Martinez deserve to be at a bigger club then Everton.

Everton is a big club.
And about that first picture: apparently the people who died at Heysel stadium in 1986 should not rest in peace...i hope the banner the man holds is not an official Liverpool one.

Who we thought was the better team is irrelevant anyway. If the ref had done his job we'd have won the game comfortably and had 1 hand on the title. And that's the real kicker for me, potentially losing a title because of the ref

How do you know that? Who says you would have scored the penalty? Liverpool should have had one too. Dzeko went down a bit dramatically just as Suarez did and his foot was clipped by Demechelis. Dodgy decision at The Etihad but that's forgotten about. If you lose the title, it's not because of the ref. If my aunty had bollocks and all that.

How do you know that? Who says you would have scored the penalty? Liverpool should have had one too. Dzeko went down a bit dramatically just as Suarez did and his foot was clipped by Demechelis. Dodgy decision at The Etihad but that's forgotten about. If you lose the title, it's not because of the ref. If my aunty had bollocks and all that.

Playing against 10 men for 40mins and at least 1 pen on top of how we were playing in the 2nd half. Being able to go two up top. Almost certain to win comfortably. Definitely wouldn't have lost. Chances of losing our grip on the title pretty much zero.

At the very least I expect a fair game.

You just can't compare an 18th minute offside at 0-0 to that. To claim Demichellis fouled Suarez is Hansen style nonsense.

Everton is a big club.
And about that first picture: apparently the people who died at Heysel stadium in 1986 should not rest in peace...i hope the banner the man holds is not an official Liverpool one.

Wont be, Liverpool have a good relationship with Juventus. I thought it was just because they had the british clubs on it.

I really hope you're right tik (that nick !!!).
I wrote about my reaction in the English league thread. Liverpool fans who would be shocked about my previous post, should read that post. It was never meant to provoke (and i realize that you don't see it as a provocation, but other fans might be offended by it).

Playing against 10 men for 40mins and at least 1 pen on top of how we were playing in the 2nd half. Being able to go two up top. Almost certain to win comfortably. Definitely wouldn't have lost. Chances of losing our grip on the title pretty much zero.

At the very least I expect a fair game.

You just can't compare an 18th minute offside at 0-0 to that. To claim Demichellis fouled Suarez is Hansen style nonsense.

It's gone now. Time to move on.

Oh and Liverpool were 0-1 up at the time of the incorrect offside at the match earlier this season. Which would have led to a 0-2 lead, which would have led to.... you get the picture.

Oh and Liverpool were 0-1 up at the time of the incorrect offside at the match earlier this season. Which would have led to a 0-2 lead, which would have led to.... you get the picture.

Easy to say when you've got 1 hand on the title thanks to the ref

Nope, it was 0-0

You are one of my favourite posters on this forum...you are a fan, but a critical fan and agree quite a lot with your opinions. It is the way you write them down that i admire...

Sorry for the off-topic, but writing positive things about other people is never really off-topic.

Back
Top Bottom