Liverpool Thread

"Word on the street has it that Liverpool forward Luis Suárez will soon be wearing the Manchester City shirt. Apparently, Txiki Beriguistain, the Mancunian club's sports director, has already contacted the player and an agreement has been reached between the two parties for the next season."
http://www.marca.com/2014/03/20/en/football/international_football/1395316871.html

Don't fight it, lads. It'll be easier that way :SMUG:

What happened to financial fair play rulings?
Are they ever going to take effect?

If City were to 'get' Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi etc...... what happens when the Sheikh decides he's had his fill and moves to Formula 1 or another play thing??? City simply won't sustain enough revenue to operate legally will they?

I don't hate City, but I do hate the way football has evolved in to this big cash cow over the last 10 years and yes I am aware Liverpool has played a small part in this too.

The EPL changed forever when Roman flew into the Bridge and bought Chelsea a passage in to the elite. Since then it's been a case of keeping up with the Jones's...

Don't worry yourself. It's not going to happen. The only chance of it occurring is if Barca or Real get Aguero. And in that scenario we'll both be crying :(

I'm not worried. For what it's worth, I can see Suarez leaving for Real or Barca in 2 years time anyway.

Clubs sell players and move on.

Next year with Suarez in the Champions League (and your rising quality as a team) he'll make more waves on a continental level making Bayern and Real etc take notice.

Suarez is getting older , Liverpool won't sell him to ManCity haha they don't need to pay off debt. CL just gave them ££££ and clout.

"Word on the street has it that Liverpool forward Luis Suárez will soon be wearing the Manchester City shirt. Apparently, Txiki Beriguistain, the Mancunian club's sports director, has already contacted the player and an agreement has been reached between the two parties for the next season."
http://www.marca.com/2014/03/20/en/football/international_football/1395316871.html

Don't fight it, lads. It'll be easier that way :SMUG:

Its logical he will be linked to any top team but he just signed a new deal + the team is on the way to CL... LFC owners will need to keep him for future success so i realy doubt he will be sold, at least for world record but its nonsence to sell to a rival in same league... and tbh Suarez will not work in City imo..even if he goes.. if he goes he goes, but look at Torres after he went to Chelsea..similar thing can happend to him.. + we still have Sturridge + 200 mil. you will need to pay for him :D

Next year with Suarez in the Champions League (and your rising quality as a team) he'll make more waves on a continental level making Bayern and Real etc take notice.

you think they don´t notice him already? :P

Suarez is getting older , Liverpool won't sell him to ManCity haha they don't need to pay off debt. CL just gave them ££££ and clout.

he just turned 27, he didn´t even reach his peak imo.

Last edited:
Don't see why Suarez wouldn't work at City with the likes of Yaya, Silva, Nasri. He'd probably score even more goals with them feeding him. Torres was finished before he went to Chelsea.

But like you say, LFC wouldn't want to sell him to a PL team so it's highly unlikely to happen. Suarez himself would have to kick up a fuss to even give the transfer a slight chance - and then I'm sure the likes of Real would be interested

whatever.. it´s early to predict + there is world cup this summer and CL next year for LFC very possible, so imo the time for him to move from the club is over, at least for a season now..

not to mention Brandon is doing great and the team is build around Suarez atm.. so even he enjoyes his football.. not sure if he is the type who prefers money above football, nowing his style of play imo he enjoyes his football a lot and would risk not enjoying it elsewhere...

i can only see him go if the club would push him away if you bid realy crazy money...more than CR and Bale.. a lot more.

Last edited:
Agree godotelli that Torres was finished while I think Suarez has at leas 5 year as world class player , I don't think we'll sell him this summer , unless we don't reach top 4!

why would chelsea pay 50 mil for a finished player..? But yeah they sold us Sturridge so why i ask? :D

Even if i agree he was not playing his best, but at the time of his sale he was one of best in world... i was angry as hell to see him go, especially to Chelsea.

Torres was completely finished when he went to Chelsea. Rushing his recovery in order to go to the 2010 WC ruined his injury plagued career.
In that first part of the 2010-2011 season Torres record was pretty mediocre, except against Chelsea where he was the best player and scored two goals. He was always great against Chelsea, that 's way Roman the expert in choosing strikers, bought him.

About Suarez. That article came for Marca. That should be enough.

why would chelsea pay 50 mil for a finished player..? But yeah they sold us Sturridge so why i ask? :D

Even if i agree he was not playing his best, but at the time of his sale he was one of best in world... i was angry as hell to see him go, especially to Chelsea.

Would you say Torres has been good this season? He's scored 9 goals... exactly the same amount he scored in his last season at LFC.

Abramovich wanted him. Not the manager at the time (could it have been Ancelloti, i don't remember).

1939644_10152423824402573_1135080383_n.jpg

Yep,

Its also really strange watching them atm, even going 2-1 down you just shrug and think, " They'll score another 2 or 3 anyway."

Terrible defending though.

SASstats.png

Sturridge missed 6 weeks of this season and Suarez first 5 games if i´m not mistaken...

scary to think what attack we have this season...

Even though I'm a United fan, if you guys don't win the title this season I'll hate you even more ;)

Unsure what's more bitter, Liverpool or City winning the title, though anything but Chelsea, please. Gotta admit you're just too exciting to watch.

Thanks Lami, well this season is beyond at least my expectations..it´s a dream so far...

anyway we signed first professional contract with Jordan Rossiter today, i only heard good things about him... very exciting stuff atm.

I'd still be very happy if we finish top 4.

No reds fan would seriously have expected us to finish higher than 4th at best let alone with 8 games to go, be challenging for the title!

Back
Top Bottom