Liverpool Thread

Yep City and Liverpool are the most thrilling attacks in the PL this season. And I agree with you that CBs have probably gotten used to playing against only 1 striker.

I hope more clubs join us with 2 strikers. Nothing better in football than a good forward partnership.

This is exagerated.
You forget both Chelsea and Arsenal who are doing better than Liverpool.
Both City and Liverpool are scoring lots of goals in a league that is still tactically naïve.
You desperately need CL football next season or else Suarez will leave you...
It's true that you Liverpool play very attractive football, but to a certain extend Suarez is doing for Liverpool what Bale did for Spurs the last two seasons...in the long term that is not a good thing for a team...

IMO there has also been a nivellation in the EPL: the league is worse of than 5 seasons ago...

But overall Liverpool is doing extremely well under this young manager, and that is certainly good for the EPL, English football and football in general (Liverpool being a massive club).

You could say this in previous season, not this one. Liverpool during Suarez ban were scoring goals as well, we did good without him, winning as well thanks to Sturridge and Coutinho/Sterling goals...mostly.

Some fans were even questioning if we play better without him, only to be proven wrong when he returned and scored for fun... if in form, both Suarez and Sturridge can cause damadge to any team in world imo.

We just need to buy some players to defence back up.. and a proper DM to cover for Lucas or to make Lucas sit on bench...

we are apparently after Konoplyanka from Ukraine and Dnipro, i would love him here... exactly a player we should go after, young quality and hungry for success.

Liverpool are being linked with Konoplyanka, he's a very good player, good on the wing with either foot, can also play as a striker (but hes better on the wing) and has a very good shot.
And the best sources says that we are apparently ready to match his 15M valuation. Can see Arsenal or United stealing him though.

Daniel Sturridge: "I'm just really enjoying my football at the moment. The love I have for ‪#‎LFC‬ grows and grows, more and more, each day.

"I can only thank the fans for embracing me in the way that they have."
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/154300-my-love-for-lfc-grows-and-grows

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

i´m still amazed how Chelsea didn´t see the talent he had... 12 milion buy....

Chelsea saw it , that's why they bought him. Players develop differently , at Chelsea it was the pressure to improve rapidly and at Liverpool they can take their time. Those are the perk of 1 game a week.

hmm he was scoring at his loans and he didn´t needed time here... he was scoring from day 1 as i remember... Chelsea never give him a proper CF chance... but im glad for that.

I remember seeing him playing an FA Cup game for Man City when he was 18.

He came off the bench and stood out so much. I've followed him closely ever since. I was truly excited the day I heard Liverpool were interested in him.

Liverpool and England have a top forward.

Seems like we got that guy from Ukraine ... Never seen him playing any good? They are saying Tottenham give up on him and he'll have medical for us tomorrow. I won't believe until it's official anyway

The owner of Dnipro seemed to be the problem.
Valuation met, player agreed terms all ready to sign and the owner refused to agree at the last minute. probably through greed but who cares.
Another one slips through our fingers.
We stay as we are. At least we haven't sold anyone.

Liverpool did all they could, I'm sure the truth will come to light ( they didn't want to sell) It's not like Wenger who refuses to buy when the board approves :LOL: I wouldn't be surprise if Wenger said " you buy for that price , I'm leaving" .

But it's not only Konoplyanka case. It's all around. Look how many transfer failures they had. Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Mkhitarian, Costa, Willan, Salah, Konoplyanka. Except Sturridge, Coutinho and Mignolet this staff is doing terribly poor job with transfers. We shouldn't be mad at Dnipro owner. He did good job. That's how it is when you try to buy a player in last day of the transfer window. Only fools sell their good players at last day because you can't find replacement. Like we did with Torres. We would have Konoplyanka if we would made our offer sooner.

Last edited:
If what is said about Dnipro owner is true, completetely dishonest and pathetic behaviour from him. You dont negotiate a deal for 3 days and after agreeing, make 360 and dont want to sign the papers.
Lots of blame on the committee, Ayre, FSG or whoever is responsible though. This was clearly the moment to make one or two signings and consolidate the top 4. Leaving business til so late has this consequences.
An injury to a Coutinho or Sterling and with we are stuck with Moses. And injury to Suarez and goodbye top 4.

Last edited:
great result in Newcastle vs. Sunderland... now i hope Hull and Villa will win as well :P Or at least draw...

also COME ON STOKE!!! ;)

Konoplyanka was supposedly a target for the summer that was brought foward because of the Salah fiasco. I dont really see the logic in that, but that is what was said.
According to theguardian:
But, despite Liverpool meeting the buy-out clause in Konoplyanka's contract, Dnipro's president, Ihor Kolomoyskyi, refused to sign off the player's release and Rodgers was left empty-handed in his attempts to bolster his team's Champions League pursuit.
I didnt know that was legal.

Sturridge is the best english CF, simple as that. I read somewhere Coutinho said that if he was Brazilian, he would start for Brazil.

Today so far 50th goal in 126 matches in Premier League, at 24 years it is remarkable achievement.

So glad we got him.

Back
Top Bottom