Liverpool Thread

I hope the committee are looking for CBs. Finishing top 4 with these CBs would be a remarkable achievement. Except from Sakho, all the rest are mediocre at best.

WTH was that ?
we com from a great, we beat Everton 4-0 , yesterday Tottenham and Manchester United drop points , our rivals for 4th spot drop points and Chelsea play away at City so we have chance to be just 1 point far from 3rd place.... should this be extra motivation for our coach and players ? wasn't there many reason for give 100% today?
from 1st minute to end we didn't want to win , we didnt ever try , so poor game it seems like win or lose doesnt matter and season its over for us WTF ???? Suarez , Sturridge , Coutinho , Henderson non of them did enough , the only player who was playing and trying to change some thing was Sterling.

even BR from begining seems like we already lost this match you can tell by his face and I dont know why was that ?

few days back I said that not buying anyone can lead to lack of motivation and trust from players and seems that what really happened!

poor game we didn;t deserve more so next week we play Arsenal and if we play like this we gonna lose thats sure.

Sturridge is the best english CF, simple as that. I read somewhere Coutinho said that if he was Brazilian, he would start for Brazil.

Today so far 50th goal in 126 matches in Premier League, at 24 years it is remarkable achievement.

So glad we got him.

I think I can say now he's a top 10 striker in europe for this season as falcao's out with injury.

Kolo Touré admitted he was guilty of the "crazy" mistake that cost Liverpool two points in the race for fourth place, after the defender played a suicidal pass on the edge of his own penalty area to present Victor Anichebe with a second-half equaliser at West Bromwich Albion.

With Tottenham Hotspur drawing and Manchester United losing on Saturday, Touré said that Liverpool had "missed an opportunity" to capitalise because of his "terrible pass". Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, suggested that Simon Mignolet was as much at blame for giving Touré the ball in the first place, but the former Arsenal and Manchester City defender took full responsibility for the goal that cancelled out Daniel Sturridge's earlier strike.

"It was a game we should have won 1-0. It was a terrible pass by me," Touré said. "It's hard because we played well. It was a tough game. I take the call because it was a very bad pass. I haven't seen him [Anichebe]. I should have just played to Aly [Cissokho].

"My pass just put the team in a difficult situation. I haven't seen him and I shouldn't have passed the ball there. You have to make decisions. Today I took a bad one. [Brendan] doesn't get angry. He was just disappointed with the situation in the game. I'm disappointed.

"We have missed an opportunity today but the season is long. We just didn't need to have that kind of mistake. I made a bad decision. I don't know why I have passed it into the middle of the pitch, it was crazy. I've made a few mistakes in my life and you learn every day. I will learn from it."

Rodgers described Touré as "devastated" but refused to be too hard on the central defender. "It is the price you pay when you try to play but he should not have received the ball in the first place," the

Liverpool manager said. "It's part of our learning. We are where we are because we have the courage to play football and build the game from behind.

"Kolo is experienced; he knows it was a mistake and he is a really conscientious player, so he is devastated. It was a good finish from Anichebe but unfortunately it has cost us two points. Hopefully at the end of the season we will see the result as a point gained.

"We came here [and lost] and lost at home last year but we've got four points out of six and for us to be disappointed with a point away from home shows the growth of the team."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/02/brendan-rodgers-kolo-toure-liverpool

Such a negative performance by us.

Seriously, I've never seen a team pass back to the goalkeeper so much! It's like the 80's again!!!

We didn't deserve the win regardless of Kolo's suicide ball.

How we can perform so badly after a stunning display previously against Everton is beyond me.

4th is the best we can hope for. Fending off Everton, Spurs and Man Utd will be a hard task.

Then again, nobody wants 5th because of Europa League qualification!

Glad with jonnylovrud's post.
I wanted to react to pipa's post with the Touré's quotes...imo that was a rather weak performance...

Liverpool reminds me of the old Arsenal. Attack,attack ,attack top striker scoring loads of goals. Then, oops ! the famous defenders giving a team that had no hope the desire to draw n at worst win. Yep , top 4 material for me :LOL:

No fucking chance of fighting for the league. We should consider ourselves lucky if we finish in the top 4 and make some big investment in the summer. The committee has to buy first team players this time.

i´m not saying we will win the league, i´m saying we are theoretically not out of the race with the matches ahead...also considering Arsenal´s matches...

I set my alarm for tomorrow morning , hope for a great match and great result , I'm really positive before match I think we gonna get a positive result :)

C'mon Liverpool hope for 3 points

Liverpool: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud.

coutinho's assist to sturridge was fantastic.

the scoreline looks incredible right now, but I can't say this game won't end 4-4.

5-0 edit: oh, dear...

Last edited:
This is better than sex , totally worth waking up at 7am

And that Suarez shot? Shame it didn't go in it would have been best goal of season so far!

Sterling in this form is a starter in Brazil.

LOL.

Come on...
Why Always letting yourself carried away ?

On the other hand: great performance.
The pressing by the forwards as fantastic: Suarez, Sturridge, (and yes) Sterling. Coutinho played a magnificent pass in the second half.

If Liverpool can play like this week in week out, they are title contenders....

Sterling should be a starter in Brazil for sure. I hope he won't be though, any International matches missed by Liverpool players are fine by me.

Anyway that was an amazing match. Liverpool knew they had a shaky defense so they decided to just attack all the time. Game over after 20 minutes, still they pressed like mad men. Many players had an outstanding game for Liverpool, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez, Gerrard, Skrtel, Özil.

Now it's time to party and hope to run into some Arsenal fans.

Back
Top Bottom