Liverpool Thread

well imo he is the best U20 player in PL, better than Januzaj, Barkley and Gnabry.

we will see if i´m right in few months.

He really isn't. Barkley and Januzaj are a level above him and Gnabry will be a level above him soon.

He really isn't. Barkley and Januzaj are a level above him and Gnabry will be a level above him soon.

that is my subjective opinion. He just scored 2 against Arsenal and could have 4... he is inteligent, fast and has a great pace... + he can shoot and pass the ball.

i don´t argue, i think if he continues this form, he will be in Brazil and perhaps also starting.

Does it really matter though, England don't usually set the World alight at big tournaments, and they have a dreadful manager now as well.

that is my subjective opinion. He just scored 2 against Arsenal and could have 4... he is inteligent, fast and has a great pace... + he can shoot and pass the ball.

i don´t argue, i think if he continues this form, he will be in Brazil and perhaps also starting.

Not really intelligent, not a great finisher and doesn't have the vision Gnabry, Januzaj and Barkley have. His second goal was lucky because his first attempt was straight at Szczesny.

it doesn´t but media already call Januzaj next Giggs or Ronaldo or whatever and Barkley next Gerrard etc...while they don´t mention a lot Sterling,, he answers on pitch so long might it continue ;)

Not really intelligent, not a great finisher and doesn't have the vision Gnabry, Januzaj and Barkley have. His second goal was lucky because his first attempt was straight at Szczesny.

well i don´t realy argue but i know Sterling definetly has GREAT vision, only thing he lacks is he needs to improve his scoring..

Sterling (19): 20 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, 31 shoots
Januzaj (19): 17 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, 35 shoots
Barkley (20): 21 games, 3 goals, 0 assists, 60 shoots
Gnabry (18): 8 games, 1 goal, 0 assists, 10 shoots

how is he not better than the 3 mentioned STATS wise, in less attempts he scored more than all other, + he has 2 assists while Barkley and Gnabry have ZERO. Gnabry played only few games so he shouldn´t be in the list imo, but the other played almost same amount.. i have no time to check how many minutes they played..

well i don´t realy argue but i know Sterling definetly has GREAT vision, only thing he lacks is he needs to improve his scoring..

Sterling (19): 20 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, 31 shoots
Januzaj (19): 17 games, 3 goals, 2 assists, 35 shoots
Barkley (20): 21 games, 3 goals, 0 assists, 60 shoots
Gnabry (18): 8 games, 1 goal, 0 assists, 10 shoots

how is he not better than the 3 mentioned STATS wise, in less attempts he scored more than all other, + he has 2 assists while Barkley and Gnabry have ZERO. Gnabry played only few games so he shouldn´t be in the list imo, but the other played almost same amount.. i have no time to check how many minutes they played..

Most of the time Gnabry comes in as a sub around 75 minutes. He shouldn't be compared in this list. If you find the minutes played, you should see it.

Januzaj it's by far best young player in EPL , if you watch how he play you'll see this , guy it's really smart and has a lot of vision.

Sterling has bean very very good this last games and he's very fast but I think he lack vision and he's bad at his chances a lot of times , but I think he has bean one of our best player in last games and I hope he goes on just like that he's young and I hope he just get better games after game , I hope he won't stop working hard and be just an average player

Aye, Januzaj is a class above all other young PL players atm, imo.

Barkley is closest.

Sterling's pace is frightening and he manages to wriggle through stronger players than himself but I don't think he's got the best footballing mind nor is his finishing anything to write home about. He'll imporve tho, like Walcott. Cert for Brazil squad

Who cares about England?!

Missed most of the match as I had to go out, yet still saw 3 goals and another potential 3! Arsenal were completely demoralised. So frustrating to see the Everton, WBA, and Arsenal matches. How can the performance level be so poor at Albion? Could have been 3pts behind Arsenal now. Oh well.

Will be interesting to see how the fa cup matche goes.

I wouldn't compare Hazard with the players mentioned above. Hazard is better than all of them yes, but Hazard is already much further in his development. He already had won a championship with Lille and 42 caps for Belgium. I don't think he should be considered a talent. He has already arrived in my opinion.

Gerd we are talking about age 20 and younger players.. Of course Hazard is one of the best in world, not just young players.

btw, what a goal this would be...

08-02-2014-GifNumber-127.gif

Yes, but he is a young player...he won that title when he had the age of Sterling...
As for the under 20players, i hesitate between Barkley and Januzaj.
I tend to go for Barkley.
Stats are stats and youcan prove anything with them, but Barkley is the second most fouled player in the EPL (Hazard is the most fouled).

Yes, but he is a young player...he won that title when he had the age of Sterling...

well, he did, but that doesn´t prove he win it by himself, obviously talking about thim as a top 5 player in world is right now, current form, not when he was 18, even if he was better than anyone in that age back then..obviously starting very young at Lille.

But saying he won a title has nothing to do with it... even Sterling would win a title and play good at Chelsea side if he was playing there...

besides at age 23 i don´t consider that young player anymore espceially not playing professional football for almost 6 or more years now...

What I meant by Hazard already having won Ligue 1 is that he has more experience because he was a vital part to that Lille side.

They are all good, lets hope they all continue to develop their talent so we can enjoy it and they don't waste it like so many before them. Besides, it's a pretty pointless discussion as they all play in a different position and all have their respective qualities for their own teams.

As for the comment which started this, that Sterling should go to Brazil, I think he has a decent chance as Walcott is out and there doesnt seem to be any other speedmerchant doing as well atm, but then we still have a 1/3 of the season to go.

@Pipa,

With a draw between utd and ars on wednesday, liverpool will only be 3 points behind 3rd. I think that should be the aim, try to catch 3rd and secure CL footie.

Last edited:
Agree with this.
Sterling had a good game and is having a good season, but his end product is still far from dependable. His dribbling abilities and pace are amazing but needs to sharp his end product. Lots of chances today where he should have gone for the pass and not for the goal.

That was am amazing performance.

Teams have to learn to just slow things down against LFC for the first half. They play with incredible intensity and try to blow away opponents early in the match, but if you weather the storm, you have a chance .

Sterling is the best young player at playing against a high line and running in behind. He works in the LFC system, but he's not that versatile.

Aye, Januzaj is a class above all other young PL players atm, imo.

Barkley is closest.

Sterling's pace is frightening and he manages to wriggle through stronger players than himself but I don't think he's got the best footballing mind nor is his finishing anything to write home about. He'll imporve tho, like Walcott. Cert for Brazil squad

What he said ^

Back
Top Bottom