Liverpool Thread

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says he will continue to pick his strongest team in the FA Cup as they look to continue their unexpected challenge for silverware this season.

The Reds face Arsenal in the fifth round of the FA Cup this weekend, a side they demolished 5-1 in the league a week ago to help lift them back into the title race.

And without the burden of European competition this season, Rodgers says he is enjoying the luxury of being able to regularly select his first-choice XI.

"We've got no midweek game so we can go as strong as we wish to go," said the Liverpool boss.

"It's probably different for Arsenal, who have a massive game after ourselves in the Champions League (against Bayern Munich in the last 16 on Wednesday), so they may have to look at it differently. We won't need to rest anybody.

"We want to do it for the club. Since I've been here we have changed the squad around in order to try and help us in the league.

"When I have made too many changes we haven't been good enough and that's seen us go out of tournaments earlier than I would want.

"This year we wanted to do well in the cup competitions - hence the reason why we've been strong.

"We want to get to Wembley, not for the semi-final, but for the final. If we're there for the final, then it gives us a chance to win it."

The Reds have been in superb form this year, collecting 17 points from seven games.

The one area in which they have shown some fallibility in recent months is defence, with them having collected only two clean-sheets against top-flight opposition since mid-December.

However, the return to fitness of centre-back Daniel Agger could be just the lift they need for the rest of the season.

"I like defenders to defend first," added Rodgers. "Everyone talks about ball-playing centre-halves but you have to be able to defend and be able to cope with that first.

"Obviously if you have the qualities then we want you to play because it is important how we build our game and there is no doubt Daniel Agger is an outstanding footballer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...romises-strong-liverpool-team-to-face-arsenal

Last edited:

The whole incident was a bucket of worms, I agree, but I'm not sure the right worm got punished.

Having someone wrongly convicted for racism is about as easy as having someone (male) wrongly convicted of rape (a female). These are among the few cases where "spectral evidence" is still viable in courts or with similar juries.

Spectral evidence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
1947814_10152352528357573_1286718778_n.jpg

Merseyside quarter final?

Arsenal/Liverpool v Everton
Brighton/Hull v Sunderland
Sheff U/Forest v Sheff W/Charlton
City v Wigan

Last edited:
Ffs webb! Sterling has been fouled twice now in pretty obvious ways and it gone against him....and the less said about Sanogo the better.

Interesting game though, Liverpool look like the home side, and should have been ahead early on but Arsenal are starting to look pretty comfortable after the 1-0.

Good performance, Liverpool should have won that with the missed chances. Ref didnt help but they should have been clear before that.

There goes the last chance of silverware......small silverlining is more rest and Arsenal and Everton need to play more matches.

1. I think im going to start looking who is going to be the referee and if it is Howard Webb Im not going to even bother. Gerrard should have been sent off but there were three penalties and he was only showing cards to Liverpool players.
2. Brendan says how much he wants to have a good run in the FA Cup and he goes and put Brad Jones. That guy is nowhere near Liverpool standards. Mignolet would have surely saved one of the goals, if not both.
3. I dont understand how Sturridge played the 90 minutes. He was awful, should have been benched once he fucked up that clear third chance and Suarez be played centrally. I agree that it is better for the team Sturridge central and Suarez wide but if Sturridge is going to have an abysmal game then there is no point in "wasting" Suarez on a flank.

this was a joke of a performance by Webb..i´m not even surprised..

the fould by Podolski not even bothered...the foul on Suarez without ball in the box....clear penalty..not given..

we fight the whole match wich is great...imo Henderson should start..Sterling is becoming the best player we have...i´m amazed by this player..

Was a pen but Suarez defied gravity with his theatrics :LOL:

Liverpool have themselves to blame as much as anything. Sturridge had a mare and I've no idea what Rodgers was doing putting Sterling at RB.

Glad you're out tho tbh. I don't like playing against good counter attacking teams

The only reason I can come up with is that Suarez "fell" too beautifully, even if it's a blatant penalty. A way to say "stop that" or else. Still is a penalty but what he sees and his views are the one mattered.

@Godotelli: Obviously you didn't see the game, it was the reverse. Arsenal was counter attacking furiously with Ox being MOTM, he played great.

Not a penalty imho bc the intent was clearly to go for the ball. Had Suarez not made such a meal of it however I could see how a ref would give one for it. Defender was clearly going fo the ball but missed it bc of that unexpected tap by Suarez.

Last edited:
Not a penalty imho bc the intent was clearly to go for the ball. Had Suarez not made such a meal of it however I could see how a ref would give one for it. Defender was clearly going fo the ball but missed it bc of that unexpected tap by Suarez.
So ? If he missed the ball and foul Suarez it was a clear penalty ...

a clear penalty imo but suarez is such a bad diver. half of the blame goes to suarez besides webb. and webb is a bad, bad joke, btw.

So ? If he missed the ball and foul Suarez it was a clear penalty ...

Suarez didn't much look like he was intending for anything else to happen. Anyone else but Suarez probably would've gotten a penalty though but that's fair, really. Suarez can blame mostly himself for being treated like that based on previous cheating. You reap what you sow, son.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom