Liverpool Thread

Seeing things happen with tinted glasses towards belgiums. In the same way we are more critical of decisions going against liverpool than for liverpool.

@ Godotelli,

Aye, skrtl needs to cut that out, just a shame he is too sh!t to defend properly. Then again Stoke got away with it for seasons, and skrtl will get away with it far more than not so untill refs start to stop the wwf phase of matches, i.e. corners, he eill continue to push his luck, as most defenders do at the other end with Suarez.

Watching the football on the dutch tv the past couple fo weeks and their critics of the ref's is anyone else getting the sense that they have been actively trying to stay away from decisions? The amount of obvious red card tackles ive seen lately in a number of important prem. matches has been shocking. Ars-Che was another where they were flying in. Its almost as if the refs have been given a directive that "keeping out of it" is a saver way to keep them from controversy in the big games than actually making the decisions and effecting the matches by sending people off.

As for the refs and linesmen, I see them as one and the same, its a team and they have ben shit in quiet a few matches these past few weeks.

I suppose you do mean the blatante penalty foul on Hazard early in the first half.
Do not delude yourselves, this result had nothing to do with the ref. Chelsea were outstanding in the first half...absolutely brilliant.
Their weak link is the manager, with such a team he has to play offensive football every match.

Liverpool's defense is their weak point.
Brilliant pass from Henderson to Sakho.
No, I mean the foul to Suarez at the end of the game. I suppose it was nothing to you.

I was only joking tik...

Liverbird, to me this wasn't a clear cut penalty..and i mean by the standards that are used currently.
Outside the box, this is Always a foul... and that is what is wrong nowadays...IMHO this was a penalty...but if you give this one, there are 7 or 8 penalties in every match. Of course if refs had the guts to give them all, after two weeks players would stop making fouls.

An example ? If you think the foul on Suarez is a penalty (and i think it is one) then every time a defender grabs an attacker in the build-up to a corner and when the corner is given, this should also be a penalty...

I remember all the outrage at the 2002 WC when a ref gave a penalty against Spain (for South-Korea) because a defender grabbed a Korean attacker...of course this was a result of home refereeing, but IMO that is a penalty...

About Suarez, if one constantly dives it is logic that penalties are not given when there is doubt...also don't forget that the ref has the make this difficult decision in a split second. We have seen 37 replays and are still not sure...if it was a foul from Sakho on Eto'o most people here would say it wasn't a penalty.

And most important of all: don't complain about the ref, you were totally outplayed by a fantastic Chelsea performance, easily the best performance of the season by any team and i'm a Spurs fan, so i've seen Man City and Liverpool their great matches...this was even better.

I was only joking tik...

Liverbird, to me this wasn't a clear cut penalty..and i mean by the standards that are used currently.
Outside the box, this is Always a foul... and that is what is wrong nowadays...IMHO this was a penalty...but if you give this one, there are 7 or 8 penalties in every match. Of course if refs had the guts to give them all, after two weeks players would stop making fouls.

An example ? If you think the foul on Suarez is a penalty (and i think it is one) then every time a defender grabs an attacker in the build-up to a corner and when the corner is given, this should also be a penalty...

I remember all the outrage at the 2002 WC when a ref gave a penalty against Spain (for South-Korea) because a defender grabbed a Korean attacker...of course this was a result of home refereeing, but IMO that is a penalty...

About Suarez, if one constantly dives it is logic that penalties are not given when there is doubt...also don't forget that the ref has the make this difficult decision in a split second. We have seen 37 replays and are still not sure...if it was a foul from Sakho on Eto'o most people here would say it wasn't a penalty.

And most important of all: don't complain about the ref, you were totally outplayed by a fantastic Chelsea performance, easily the best performance of the season by any team and i'm a Spurs fan, so i've seen Man City and Liverpool their great matches...this was even better.
You mix things. The fact that Liverpool played horrible and were outplayed by Chelsea has nothing to do with the fact that Eto'o should have been sent off in the first minute of the game and it was a clear penalty on Suarez.

Suarez dived, it was 50/50 and Eto'o was just stronger than him, if Suarez wasn't in the penalty box he probably would of stayed on his feet, or maybe just make a less dramatic dive, he is a cheat. Hazard also dived, he done a Pires/Young by stretching his leg towards opponent so he gets tripped. ban them both for 10+ games then they'l fucking stop..

also wtf is this shit with players swapping shirts at half-time? that is a massive disgrace & disrespect to their club.

Liverpool didn't play horrible, Chelsea were excellent.
Why is that fans always think a team plays excellent because their team are horrible ?

Besides that i never said anything about the fact that Eto'o should have been sent off.

Just listened to Football Weeklty, they thought that both teams should have got a penalty, they are apparently also Belgian biased...

pretty cool ,but a midfielder will suit them better. I heard Morata to Arsenal , how cool! Spanish invading the UK. Liverpool were a strong force w/ the Spanish Inquisition :)

tello is a great youngster. one of my favs to watch. he can't get more mins at barça due to the high profile names ahead of him so really hope the rumor becomes true. :)

Liverpool agree first option deal for Derby’s brilliant youngster Will Hughes

Brendan Rodgers will get the chance to buy the midfielder, who is seen as Steven Gerrard’s long-term successor

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has agreed a ‘first option’ deal for Derby County’s brilliant youngster Will Hughes.

Rodgers will get the chance to buy the midfielder - seen as Steven Gerrard’s long-term successor - as part of a pact with the Rams.

The Kop chief has agreed to let England under-21 defender Andre Wisdom go to Derby on loan for the rest of the season.

Steve McClaren will be able to play Wisdom against Chelsea in the FA Cup this weekend after the new terms were struck.

Wisdom had been on a youth loan, with the option of going back to Anfield if Rodgers needed him. But now he has gone to Pride Park on a new basis.

And as part of the transfer Liverpool have an agreement with Derby that they get the option to buy Hughes when the Rams decide to sell.

Hughes has been on Rodgers’s radar for months but the Liverpool boss held back from buying him because he would not go into his side yet.

But the Anfield chief is a huge fan of Hughes and wants to be sure he does not lose him elsewhere if he is sold in the summer.

The deal suits all parties as Liverpool now have a major say in Hughes’s next move and Derby have their young talent safely tied up for the promotion push.

Hughes is also settled and playing well for McClaren’s side - with the Rams not looking to sell him at the moment.

And giving Wisdom an extended run in the Championship has worked out well for the player too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ree-first-option-2975851#.UsNIsqvAghV.twitter

And a ref that cant even count to 2min. of injurytime. The incompetence is astounding. Not sure if I like that fact that Liverpool's matches actually mean something again, only highlights the crap from the refs.

Coutinho decision making in this match is very dissapointing... i thought he is more a team player... he needs to sort it out. Johnson again don´t know why he is playing... if the rumors are true, we are after Bertrand from Chelsea...

hopefully we manage to win this one..

WBA did us a favour beating Newcastle...this result is also important for us...

to bad about Everton late penalty..

now hope for United-Tottenham draw.

The calm confident feel in the Liverpool Thread whilst fingers are pointed and arguments ensue in the United thread

:LOL: who'd a thought, football bloody hell.

Back
Top Bottom