Liverpool Thread

Its the lack of a strong midfield. He has scored or assisted a goal against all the big teams, as he did earlier, but he has hardly had a ball played to him today. The problem is Chelsea can put 2 defenders and a midfielder on him and with the lack of midfielders, or in this game useful wingbacks, they arent being punished for doubling up.

Its the lack of a strong midfield. He has scored or assisted a goal against all the big teams, as he did earlier, but he has hardly had a ball played to him today. The problem is Chelsea can put 2 defenders and a midfielder on him and with the lack of midfielders, or in this game useful wingbacks, they arent being punished for doubling up.

Sounds awfully familiar to us Utd fans :COAT:

Anyhoo.. Lessons of today:

-Chelsea is still full of dirty pricks (Eto and Hazard I'm looking at you)
-Chelsea can be just as scary as City if it had a solid striker
-Subbing Lampard took the sting out of Chelsea s offense imho... The only blues player I would've loved to see in a Utd shirt
-Suarez s head almost snapped of as a result of shaking his head so often
-Midget Sterling was the biggest man for Pool today

Liverpool definitely need some reinforcements in jan. That bench was shocking and having to put a youth team player on for 30min. summed it up perfectly. Poor lad had no chance. What has happened to the leftbacks? How poor is ali to prefer Agger in that position....or Smith in midfield, surely cissokho or Aspas would have been better options?

egHQ0mQ.png

Johnson, Skrtel and Aspas should be sold. I mean it.

Buy a proper two full backs, send Cissokho and Moses back to their clubs, bring back Suso and get a world class midfielder.

i wasn´t wondering we are looking weak today but why on earth Luis Alberto didn´t play and Smith did is beyond me.

Last edited:
We played horrible, but Etoo should have been sent off from the first minute and that penalty was impossible not to be seen. Two shocking referees in a row against the best squads in the league.
When was the last time Liverpool had some power in the FA ? Howard Webb has proved again and again that he cant referee Liverpool. What a mercenary cunt.
It has to be said though: that substitution Smith for Allen was borderline offensive.

Yep, poor.

As for the halfway stage of the season, not sure what to think really. Utd and Spurs have been cack yet are only 2 points behind, but Liverpool are only 6 behind 1st and have played 6 of the 7 top 8 in the league away already, so you would hope those 6 points can be won back in those matches. Its amazingly close atm, which is both great and worrying as you can so easily drop out of the top4.

Some work to be done in January. Our fullbacks are looking extremely poor, when Johnson got so mediocre ? I cant remember the last time he played a decent match.
I ve been saying for ages that we cry for another a la Coutinho/Sterling player in the final third but our fullbacks are looking so rubish that it is the first thing we should adress.

:LOL: ...Once, I heard an Aussie wee on his debut vs Chelsea :CONFUSE:

that`s not a red card offense ? a foul yes!
He should have been sent off on the first minute of the match for his foul against Henderson. Of course this joke of a referee didnt even showed him a yellow card.
How one can be so incredibly awful at his job and still get to highest levels.

yes, ref's been poor today.

but i'm more shocked to see those lost in space youngsters on the filed by brandan rogers.

what tha hell?

At least it wasn't Martin Atkinson. Chelsea are virtually perfect (seriously, check the stats) in matches he referees with them invovled.

I thought Webb was actually a Liverpool fan? There's a video of him singing YNWA on YouTube. Maybe he feels like he has to overcompensate because of it.

Still, tough bits over, those are the two hardest grounds to go to in the league and you're still in the top 4. No reason to not stay there imo.

i am not worried about us not challenging for top 4 to be honest, this season the league is very tight, but more im worried about the injured players today and lack of depth in our squad... two of the summer transfers barely play (Aspas and Alberto), two of our loaned players sit on bench as well or not even sit on it... so we need to get quality in the team rather than quantity... Johnson underperforms few games now and Skrtel has had so much luck it´s crazy...His marking especially in the box or at set pieces is very bad...

I hope we are not only interested in Salah and Bertrand. Salah is far from the end product and would be similar to Sterling for what Ive read about him. And Bertrand seems more on the Borini/Allen bracket than the Sturridge/Coutinho.

We played horrible, but Etoo should have been sent off from the first minute and that penalty was impossible not to be seen. Two shocking referees in a row against the best squads in the league.
When was the last time Liverpool had some power in the FA ? Howard Webb has proved again and again that he cant referee Liverpool. What a mercenary cunt.
It has to be said though: that substitution Smith for Allen was borderline offensive.

The ref at City hardly put a foot wrong. How was he "shocking"?

I suppose you do mean the blatante penalty foul on Hazard early in the first half.
Do not delude yourselves, this result had nothing to do with the ref. Chelsea were outstanding in the first half...absolutely brilliant.
Their weak link is the manager, with such a team he has to play offensive football every match.

Liverpool's defense is their weak point.
Brilliant pass from Henderson to Sakho.

We're not in the top four anymore but the top 6/7 places are so very close on points, the teams will change places many more times over the coming weeks/months.

I'm pleased with the halfway point of the season and considering we have played Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Newcastle and Everton all away from Anfield, that is a big positive for me.

Sturridge and Gerrard will be returning soon too.

I suppose you do mean the blatante penalty foul on Hazard early in the first half.
Do not delude yourselves, this result had nothing to do with the ref. Chelsea were outstanding in the first half...absolutely brilliant.
Their weak link is the manager, with such a team he has to play offensive football every match.

Liverpool's defense is their weak point.
Brilliant pass from Henderson to Sakho.

Belgian bias? Hazard almost did the splits in order to initiate contact. It was basically an A. Young con attempt

Never a pen

The ref at City hardly put a foot wrong. How was he "shocking"?

Well he did agree with the linesman to block a clear onside 1-on-1 for sterling. Didnt think the Hazard tackle was a pen either, Luces seemed to get a very slight touch of the ball from what I saw. Either way it was nowhere near as blatent as the eto'o hack on henderson or the block on Suarez late on.

Liverpool werent strong enough and chelsea deserved the win, however if they should have been down to 10 men from the start thats pretty hard to judge. Webb also missed Oscars 2-footed challenge late on which got Lucas so worked up....another cock up.

I think it says enough when the majority of the media agree that Liverpool have been hard doneby in those last two matches, even moreso when you read that they think Suarez should have had penalties...

what about Terry jump on Suarez, that seem to be forgoten...

but whatever, i agree with jonnyluvrod, we are in good position atm, hopefully we make good singnings in January, something like we did in past with Sturridge, Coutinho and Suarez...

Well he did agree with the linesman to block a clear onside 1-on-1 for sterling. Didnt think the Hazard tackle was a pen either, Luces seemed to get a very slight touch of the ball from what I saw. Either way it was nowhere near as blatent as the eto'o hack on henderson or the block on Suarez late on.

Liverpool werent strong enough and chelsea deserved the win, however if they should have been down to 10 men from the start thats pretty hard to judge. Webb also missed Oscars 2-footed challenge late on which got Lucas so worked up....another cock up.

I think it says enough when the majority of the media agree that Liverpool have been hard doneby in those last two matches, even moreso when you read that they think Suarez should have had penalties...

Don't think it's right to say he agreed with the linesman, more like took the linesman's word for it. Can't really blame refs for bad offside calls. Unless it's a free kick scenario,refs aren't in the position to give offsides. That's why we have linesmen ;)

As for pens, it was probably a pen with Eto'o (Suarez' past behavior is probably why you didn't get it) but if you should have got a pen at City we should have had about 5...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom