Liverpool Thread

Sterling miles onside. Should be 2-2 really (granting that Sterling would still have scored)

Skrtel is having a laugh tho. Should be giving pens away each corner!

This is what a top of the table clash should be. 2 teams going at each other, playing great attacking football, end to end. Glad Henderson went down injured because I needed a breather!

Some poor defending tho, has to be said.

Last edited:
Skrtl has a super power on corners. He just walks up to his man and grabs two handfuls of shirt, I don't think I've ever seen it given.

Ramries has similar powers, he's allowed at least 1 yellow card a challenge a match that will not be given.

Today's lost is only our fault. Don't try to blame refs. Sakho was terrible, Mignolet was terrible, Coutinho was terrible, Liverpool was terrible. And don't tell me that we were good becouse we had our chances. We were terrible because we couldn't score.

Last edited:
Good match. Best a team has played at the Etihad, unlucky to not get a point.

Loved Suarez's 'appeal' at the end. He's having his shirt pulled towards the goal, yet he dives away from the goal, raises two hands and ends up deflecting the ball out of harm's way with one of them. I was a bit worried his c*ntishness had gone away, but it turns out the second things stop going his way, he get's back to normal. Nice leaving a foot in on Hart too, he's lucky Hart iddn't react the he would have.

Good win for us. Best team to come to our place since Bayern.

If he's not scoring, 'victim' Suarez starts screaming and throwing himself about. Shame really

Christmas top of the table, after Christmas sitting 4th. That`s how cruel the league is. I do fancy Liverpool to beat Chelsea although you lots have a wall to knock down :SMUG:

Yep, really great that its so close. Before the season I think every Liverpool supporter would be more than happy to take a 3pt gap to first at this stage. Didnt see the match but from what I read it was pretty close which is really good with City's record.

Skrtel is a really great defender.
I've seen on twitter that some Liverpool fans want Assaidi back over Moses, but IMO he just scored two (great) goals lately which doesn't really make him over Moses although I haven't seen his games.

Moses hasn't done anything so far. Just tends to run forward and try and beat his man instead of actually looking what he should do. But haven't seen anything of Assaidi tbh.

Today's lost is only our fault. Don't try to blame refs. Sakho was terrible, Mignolet was terrible, Coutinho was terrible, Liverpool was terrible. And don't tell me that we were good becouse we had our chances. We were terrible because we couldn't score.
Really ? I think we were very good generally. The referees were a joke and what did Mignolet wanted to do in the second goal ...

Good match. Best a team has played at the Etihad, unlucky to not get a point.

Loved Suarez's 'appeal' at the end. He's having his shirt pulled towards the goal, yet he dives away from the goal, raises two hands and ends up deflecting the ball out of harm's way with one of them. I was a bit worried his c*ntishness had gone away, but it turns out the second things stop going his way, he get's back to normal. Nice leaving a foot in on Hart too, he's lucky Hart iddn't react the he would have.

He didn't even really touch Hart and he had no complaints whatsoever. Definite pen on Suarez but City should have had 12 as the shirt grabbing is an absolute farce. Refs need to start giving pens for it ASAFP! Offside was a joke too. Officials need sorting as that wasn't even close.

Last edited:
He didn't even really touch Hart and he had no complaints whatsoever. Definite pen on Suarez but City should have had 12 as the shirt grabbing is an absolute farce. Refs need to start giving pens for it ASAFP! Offside was a joke too. Officials need sorting as that wasn't even close.

Once again the assistants were abysmal at the Etihad. In the match against Arsenal they cocked things up a couple of times and now against Liverpool they essentially robbed Sterling of a legitimate goal.

Linesmen level these past few matches in the Prem have been "get a new job out of 10" really!

LFC team v Chelsea: Mignolet, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez
LFC subs v Chelsea: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Cissokho, Rossiter, Smith

we can´t compete with their squad thats for sure, but today only one team is playing so far...

Skrtel can´t mark his man... very very poor, forget the goal, that was dissapointing.

Johnson shouldn´t play... Sterling man of the match for us so far.

Suarez is isolated without any help.. Allen looks tired as our whole midfield...

we have two 16 year old never before played in first team players as our subs... the squad differences show up, we look much more tired on field..

will be happy with a draw here..

Yeah there is nothing on that bench to help the team. Chelsea have been awesome though, very aggressive and fast going forward. Saying that Lampard has gone off for Mikel. Might help liverpool...

How can we be so good one game and so poor the next?

What's happened to suarez today?

I know Pool fans might be tired of hearing it but: same thing that seems to happen almost every time he plays one of the "big" teams. He gets isolated or disappears. Though he just needs a single moment of brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom