Liverpool Thread

every game game against every oponent is different..we struggle with Hull and smash Tottenham. It´s almost unpredictable, unless you are on a roll...with Suarez on form and all our main players healthy, i fear nobody.. but we need to be focused and play high tempo passing and pressing just like vs. Tottenham...if we repeat this attitude vs. City and Chelsea away, i am confident we can take some points.

Any team in the league can score five goals against that defense. A high line, no pressure on ball carrier and tons of room between midfield and defense despite the high line.

Liverpool were decent, but Spurs made them look fantastic in that match by not really giving them an obstacle. At the end of the game it didn't even seemed like they were bothered to chase the ball.

here are good gifs of Suarez second goal against Tottenham from different angles + the assist to Sterling goal:

11410080024_dbf4528164_o.gif

11410080064_f078c45aee_o.gif

11410081114_3b7a2a5b2a_o.gif

Last edited:
I dont know if our interest in Fernando is genuine but he would be a very good signing. He is out of contract in six months so he shouldnt be too expensive and would mean competition to Lucas. He is a defensive, strong, physical midfielder (and no monkey with the ball neither). Could be just what we need in the midfield.

there are also Rumors for Granit Xhaka (borussia mönchengladbach) not sure how true is this , maybe just our Albanian media making up this transfer !

Granit Xhaka is injured as far as i know and he didn´t set the world on fire since he moved there...i think it is only a speculation. Fernando from Porto i heard or read only good things, i think he is the type of midfielder we lack in our sqad atm.

no his playing now he has 15 matchs this season , he missed some matchs but last time hes playing , yeah he had some trouble there and he want to move !

What a turnaround from the summer. From I'm definitely wanting to leave, to I love it here.

Good luck keeping him. If you go another few years without a league or serious CL run, surely he'll want to leave.

I mean no offense, but he is literally the best striker in Europe right now, and to not even be playing in the CL in his prime...not sure about that.

most important thing he maybe realised is that this team and coach also have to be given credit for his own form and goals... he wasn´t such profilic at the start of his career but now he is the best in world, or at least in top 5 players. So glad we keep him for the future, the future is bright if we buld our team around him and he will be a good reason fot top players to join the club.

the best christmas present for me, big statement and profesionalism from the club to keep him and sign him.

now i hope we make a statement tomorow on pitch

exactly, but i think we have the best chance to get to CL this season if he stayes on top form... if we get good players in January and CL, i think he will stay for longer, and if not.. we can ask for more than before he signed it. it is a win-win situation.

No matter which way you spin that, it's a brilliant pr move by Suarez and sound financial management from LFC s side. Nothing to do with the sport itself.

wow I didn't see that coming , not so soon at least , good news now if Real want him they have to pay 100+ but I think he gonna play for 1 and half year for sure at LFC

this contract can make other WORLD CLASS players to want to join Liverpool , I really hope we go for a big name this january.

Nothing to do with sport itself ? Suarez is one of those players that comes on a decade, he is brilliant, one of the best players in Liverpool history. With not only financial backing from FSG but a committee than in a 7 months has made 3 long-term amazing buys (Sakho, Coutinho, Sturridge) the future is bright for LFC.
Now it is time to keep bulding a team around this beast and we should expect some exciting signings in January.
CL is now a complete obligation because he surely has now a proper release clause.

Last edited:
That's essentially what this extension is mostly about, now when Real or whoever come calling there going to have to pay the premium to get him.

i hope he won´t move even after next summer that is if we get to CL. I rather see him go abroad than to another pL club definetly, but would he want to play La Liga over PL? not so sure, only if he want to compete with other top strikers.. nevermind that if we sell him for more than 100 mil. wich he is worth if Bale was... as a fan i agree with Liverbird and i think a talent like him comes only once in years... so i would want to keep him even if Real bid 150 mil. and i mean it. Look how Spurs splashed 100 milions and it didn´t bring them the result they wanted... It is not always about the money and im sure Suarez realises that not only he mades the results but also Liverpool make him perform the way he is atm.

For me, the only three clubs he can go in the world are Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. We are never going to sell him to an english team unless we have no option (they trigger a release clause). I think elections in Barcelona are close.

Last edited:
He shines mainly w/ Liverpool vs mid table clubs. I give him credit he creates his own chances most of the time. He said his dream is RM? I'm sure his agent sorted out that clause regardless of CL. He wants to give Liverpool a good season like what Bale did for Spurs before leaving.

Not sure it changes much really. He already had 2 years after this season, didn't he?, so adding more years shouldn't change the price all that much. Makes sense from Suarez' point of view if he's on more money before he leaves.

He shines mainly w/ Liverpool vs mid table clubs. I give him credit he creates his own chances most of the time. He said his dream is RM? I'm sure his agent sorted out that clause regardless of CL. He wants to give Liverpool a good season like what Bale did for Spurs before leaving.

Uruguay?

Not sure it changes much really. He already had 2 years after this season, didn't he?, so adding more years shouldn't change the price all that much. Makes sense from Suarez' point of view if he's on more money before he leaves.

Suarez, whose original deal was set to expire in 2016, will earn around £160,000 until the end of this season and then £200,000 per week over the final four years of the contract.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25463249

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom